Name the GPS course contest

Shawner

Hello,

I work at an outdoor centre in Ontario, Canada. I am putting together a proposal for a gps program for intermediate and highschool students. I NEED A COOL CATCHY NAME!!!

That's where you come in. Help me name the program.

Students will learn basic GPS history and use as well as hide and seek caches.they will be able to design and hide caches for other classes to find. They will also be able to track caches on our website. eventually we will release the caches to the public...via geocaching.com of course.

Lost and Found was the original thought for the program...but now it seems kinda lame.

please help me, I said contest....so what you win is pride. GLORIOUS BRAGGING PRIDE.

Thanks in advanced to all you groovy people who help me out!! you rock!

Shawner.

Hello,

I work at an outdoor centre in Ontario, Canada. I am putting together a proposal for a gps program for intermediate and highschool students. I NEED A COOL CATCHY NAME!!!

That's where you come in. Help me name the program.

Students will learn basic GPS history and use as well as hide and seek caches.they will be able to design and hide caches for other classes to find. They will also be able to track caches on our website. eventually we will release the caches to the public...via geocaching.com of course.

Lost and Found was the original thought for the program...but now it seems kinda lame.

please help me, I said contest....so what you win is pride. GLORIOUS BRAGGING PRIDE.

Thanks in advanced to all you groovy people who help me out!! you rock!

Shawner.

• Cache Me If You Can :laughing: (assuming that you pronounce it "cash" and not "cashay" like some do)
  • CoordiNUTS

Scott

How about "Hunting for Tupperware in the woods using Multi-Billion dollar space technology"

You may laugh at this at first, but if I didnt know what geocaching was, and saw this advertised in the events calendar I would certainly be intrigued! Of course you could shorten it with an acronym: "Huftiwum BDST", pronounced "hoof-tee-wum B D S T" :laughing:

How about "Hunting for Tupperware in the woods using Multi-Billion dollar space technology"

You may laugh at this at first, but if I didnt know what geocaching was, and saw this advertised in the events calendar I would certainly be intrigued! Of course you could shorten it with an acronym: "Huftiwum BDST", pronounced "hoof-tee-wum B D S T" :laughing:

I prefer to use: Tupper... where!?

I am putting together a proposal for a gps program for intermediate and highschool students.

Not sure if this is entirely appropriate but I couldn't resist this sure way to have a full class.

Modern/21st Century:

SEXtant & Introductory chronometer Course.

(Subtile: For the young explorer)

More seriously

-Outdoor Exploration/Explorers

-Treasure Pirates (perhaps too young)

-Using Math for fun (a sure winner)

Call it XBox, or whatever the hot new gaming platform is today. That's all it seems to take to get the kids drooling these days. Of course the shock to their system from actually being outside might kill them, unless you reframe the outdoors as a "totally immersive, 3-D, surround sound gaming world".