Geocoin Artisans Guild

UOTrackers

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and see if there is any interest.

As many of you may know I play a game called Ultima Online, in the game there are guilds. Groups of people with common interest basically. For some there are crafter's guilds.

I was thinking about this, and thought perhaps it would be nice for those who design the coins to form some sort of guild. I'm honestly not sure how well it would work, but thought it would be nice to be able to talk to others within the craft of coin design. Have the ability to show your designs and get honest criticism and hopefully helpful opinions without having a sense of competition, but more so admiration for each others work. Also as a way to help others who are just getting started in design. There is so much creativity here in these forums, and plenty of places to direct that creativity. I've noticed several people recently with great ideas! They just need more info on how to implement them and having a group who can help would be nice.

Anyway, it's just an idea...let me know what you think.

So what's wrong with this forum? Would you only allow access to those who have produced coins?

I think being able to read discussions from others about what they do to produce a coin inspires others to take the plunge.

You haven't had an idea of yours produced by someone else, have you? Thus the idea for a seperate spot.

Edited by joefrog

I was also thinking of what Joefrog said. Sharing ideas early in the general forum could also lead to ideas being taken (though I'm not sure how often this has actually happened; it usually seems to be more that two people with the same idea at the same time).

I'd be interested in joining. The last 6 months I've been involved in a bunch of the local coin designs, but I have a lot more to learn.

All valid points. I would love to be able to share it with only a select few to nit pick a design before it makes it to the forums. I posted my first one on the forums and I think ended up making 4 or 5 changes to it. Be nice to get a group consensus from others that have made coins and have the insight.

Jayman11

Well it's just an idea for right now, and it's not meant to be some elite group or anything. Kinda like, ok I'm a massage therapist, so I have this client who has this thing...and I've tried this and that and it doesn't seem to be working, so since I work with 5 other MT's it's nice and easy for me to be able to go to them and get some ideas without feeling like they are going to take my client. The idea of the guild, well straight from wikipedia,"A guild is an association of craftspeople in a particular trade." It might not be a good idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

At my workplace there is no shortage of acronyms ... couldn't help but notice this one would be "GAG". :laughing:

I like the idea of a thread in this forum because it would be nice to learn from others. I have also picked up tips from some of the design-oriented threads that I have been able to use in other areas.