South Eastern New Brunswick Coin

paulandstacey

Hi all,

We're doing a pre-order of the South Eastern New Brunwick geocoin that we have designed. The coin will be trackable on gc.com with a unique icon.

On the front, the spokes point to to various communities throughout the maritimes where caching is well represented. South Eastern New Brunswick encorporates communities such as Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe, Sackville and others. The back is representative of the Acadian flag, which can be seen throughout S.E. New Brunwick due to its rich Acadian history.

Each coin costs 9.75 CAD plus shipping. Currently the only paymen option is to contact us through gc.com and make arragnements. The coin will be ready sometime in mid-late February for shipping.

There are three editions of the coin, however all antique copper coins are sold out. There are antique gold and antique silver editions available in limited quantities. If there are any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,

Paul

coinfront.jpg

coinback.jpg

Thanks to everyone who has contaced us so far!

There are still a limited number of antique gold and antique silver coins available to pre-order. The total minting for each coin is 30 antique copper (sold out), 75 antique gold and 145 antique silver. Contact me through gc.com if you are interested!

Cheers,

Paul

The coins are being shipped on March 10th from the mint, so I should have them in hand on the 13th or 14th. They will be all shipped by the 16th presuming delivery from the mint is on time!

Thanks for all of your patience to all of those who have pre-ordered/pre-paid.

There is a small amount of coins still remaining for sale or for trade.

Cheers,

Paul

HI all,

We are very close to being able to order the coins. If you have reserved any coins and have not yet made arrangements to pay, please do so as soon as possible. The sooner those payments are received, the sooner everyone will have their coins in hand!

I emailed in mid-January for a set, but I don't recall receiving an invoice or an email. Am I on the list?

Woo hoo!

Coins arrived yesterday in Nova Scotia and I will have them in hand tomorrow. They will start shipping on Monday!

There are several people who have reserved coins and have not paid, and there are coins still available for sale or trade.

I will post pics tomorrow night!

Cheers,

Paul

Got some pics from the 3 geeks!

Gold

Silver

There was also a fourth metal, that was not for sale. 15 chrome coins were minted for gifts or special trades.

Chrome

<Images removed at the request of the OP to protect the tracking numbers. The OP will post new photos.>

Edited by Eartha

:rolleyes: Ok, so am I the only one dying to see pictures of the coins? :lol:

They're in one of the otherthreads too, but it makes sense to post them here as well, it seems :P

In descending order of minting;

Had to remove as the tracking numbers are there...dang...will post later today... :rolleyes:

Edited by paulandstacey

:lol: Ok, so am I the only one dying to see pictures of the coins? :P

They're in one of the otherthreads too, but it makes sense to post them here as well, it seems :lol:

In descending order of minting;

Had to remove as the tracking numbers are there...dang...will post later today... :rolleyes:

Nevermind then :rolleyes: I dug them up in one of the many other threads about this coin. They look great!

Just an example of when you should have one thread for each coin, and revive it when there are good things to report :lol:

I have merged the three threads that were opened for this coin. Please use one thread per coin. Moderators can update and change the thread title for you to reflect what step you are at in the process.

Thank you,

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

I have to ask why this is named South Eastern New Brunswick?

Charlottetown is in Prince Edward Island

Sydney, Halifax & Yarmouth are in Nova Scotia

Bathurst is Northern New Brunswick

Fredericton is Central New Brunswick

Saint John I'll give you but I concider it more South West as it's usually grouped with Saint Stephen and Saint Andrews.

So Again why SENB???????????

I have to ask why this is named South Eastern New Brunswick?

Charlottetown is in Prince Edward Island

Sydney, Halifax & Yarmouth are in Nova Scotia

Bathurst is Northern New Brunswick

Fredericton is Central New Brunswick

Saint John I'll give you but I concider it more South West as it's usually grouped with Saint Stephen and Saint Andrews.

So Again why SENB???????????

My guess by looking at the coin would be..... SENB is the" HUB" of Maritime geocaching and the other cities are just on there to represent the Maritimes .. ????

just my .02 cents :)

Moncton (which is in SE NB) is often referred to as the "hub" of the Maritimes or the "hub city". Also, the spokes of the hub, all point (albeit roughly) to the maritime cities with the corresponding names. But we didn't want a moncton coin, as we live elsewhere in SE NB - so we went with a "regional" coin.

The hub represents the region, the spokes represent the cache friendly areas accesssible (or relatively so) from here.

In terms of centrality and access to the maritimes, we're fairly central.

Not sure if this explains it or not

Edited by paulandstacey