Custom POI Icons with Pink Border

Hey,

I know this has been beat around before, but I never could find an answer......

I load Custom POIs into my 60CSx. The icons I use to upload from POILoader are the same as I have installed as Custom Icons on the unit. The Custom Icons do not have the pink border so I know that the background color is transparent, however when using the same bmp file to give Custom POIs their own icons the border shows up.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the border. It's not a huge thing but a real anoyance.

Thanks

Joe

Hey,

I know this has been beat around before, but I never could find an answer......

I load Custom POIs into my 60CSx. The icons I use to upload from POILoader are the same as I have installed as Custom Icons on the unit. The Custom Icons do not have the pink border so I know that the background color is transparent, however when using the same bmp file to give Custom POIs their own icons the border shows up.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the border. It's not a huge thing but a real anoyance.

Thanks

Joe

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. The "background" can change depending on location, type of map, etc. For example, you may have a POI that can be in a marsh area, a park area, on "plain" land, in an industrial (grayish) area, or on/near water. All of those backgrounds will be different.

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. The "background" can change depending on location, type of map, etc. For example, you may have a POI that can be in a marsh area, a park area, on "plain" land, in an industrial (grayish) area, or on/near water. All of those backgrounds will be different.

My GPSr is set to use a different color scheme during daytime hours than during night hours, so choosing one color to try to match the background wouldn't work for me, either.

--Larry