Phantom Cacher Coin

PedalPushin

Shortly after posting that there was no word of the Phantom Cacher I went out to see if our mail person had delivered the new GPSr we're expecting.

Much to my surprise, waiting on my back doorstep were two lake pygmies! I knew that eventually living on a lake would lead to trouble! They had caught me by surprise and wrestled me to the ground and I feared the worst, but mightyzinn had witnessed the assault and rushed to my rescue, lightsaber in hand! He disabled one, the other escaping. mightyzinn had certainly saved my skin.

We interrogated the little devil to find out what prompted such an attack. While we are always on the lookout for random attacks from trolls, dragons and the occasional alien, we'd not had trouble from pygmies before.

He revealed nothing as to why I was attacked but in the course of things did reveal that the Phantom Cacher and Devil Dog would soon be in action once again. Why he knew this, I do not know, but before we could find out, as mightyzinn and I rejoiced over news that the Phantom Cacher and Devil Dog were alive and well and would soon continue their adventure, the he slipped away, cursing the both of us!

We headed back in to tend to my wounds, which seemed to bother me less knowing that we would soon have the adventures of the Phantom Cacher to look forward too again!

Actually, I think it's pretty cool to see one of the original "mystery coin" people sending out stuff like that. Just adds to the mystery!

I agree and especially this coin which is such a nice one.

So this coin in one of the originals, eh - I don't want to derail this thread but I was wondering where a person could find out about all the various mystery coins and a bit of the history behind them? Is there such information available?

Good to hear the Phantom is ok.

Fiabus (my husband) is a collector of the Phantomcomics and has every number from 1980, I think, or was it 1978? Many magazins I can tell you. :P The latest years he hasn´t even taken the plastic from them.

Thats his thing, I collect coins :D

Hope the Phantom comes visiting caches in Gothenburg sometime, would be nice to find one of those coins.

RUN PHANTOM!!!...The Intolerable Washington Pygmy is hot on your trail!! :) ...If he doesnt see mystery in his caches I am afraid he will reign his furry upon thee!!! Devil Dog will have a rough go with this fella too...Trust me, it may be better off for the well being of yourself and Devil Dog to ensure this one is taken care of!!!

Sneek in in the dead of night...MightyZinn will be sleeping and the Intolerable Washington Pygmy wont know what hit him!...Just be aware, this guys tricky! :rolleyes:

Good Luck...and remember~Phantom Phorce is No Phorce to be reckoned with! :D

Looks like the Phantom Cacher is on the move again!

GC101KZ

Oddly enough, it looks like he encountered The Shadow coin, and right after I thought someone was referring to the Phantom Cacher coin when they meant the Shadow!

That is quite the Log! That took quite a lot of effort!

And as for the coin: I know where he hiiid iiit! :D But, alas, I don't think I'll ever get up that way! :)

Any of the other times we've checked on our ISQ - Permanent Farlow, we've never had any issues with the local prairie pygmies. But last Sunday something was different. Sure we'd see the tall grass rustle as we got near the cache, but this time a pack of the red-headed, teeth gnashing beasts surrounded our ankles and demanded we give them a lift to a place called New Hope. We decided we better do as they asked, besides it wasn't far.

When we got there the little devil pygmies immediately divided up and began climbing up poles and harassing the wildlife hidden in the strange little dwellings at the top of the poles. They didn't seem to be finding what they were after. We lost interest and began looking around the place. Suddenly a creature appeared before us and announced it was a Fawn God. It told us that a phantom ghost walker had asked it to guard the treasure. We'd never heard of this mysterious phantom guy, but we suspected it was his treasure that the pygmies were after.

We returned the pygmies back to their kingdom and returned home to ours. But the message of the fawn god kept ringing in our head. We did some research and learned about a Phantom Cacher whose main mission was to defend the planet from the hoards of evil pygmies threatening our peace and way of life. We discovered a message from the Phantom himself revealing the location of a secret coin and decided we should make a return visit to New Hope.

No sooner had we set foot on the hallowed grounds again than the full fury of the Devil Pygmy God was unleashed. Apparently he was watching over this place now too. Lightning bolts flashed, the wind roared and trees came crashing down. Not being used to fighting evil forces on a regular basis, we beat a hasty retreat.

But we had a mission and we are not easily discouraged, so the next night we made our third visit to New Hope. The Devil Pygmy God must have been sleeping. Suddenly the Fawn God appeared and told us that if we could find and defeat the dreaded wooley snake, the treasure would be released into our hands for safe keeping. Little did we know that this was an arboreal serpent. But finally we saw it hiding 25' up a tree. Itchy began his ascent and after a wicked battle the evil snake was conquered and the treasured coin fell from its grasp into Scratchy's waiting hands below.

The coin has been secured and is in safe keeping - away from the evil pygmies. This was an adventure we will not soon forget. Thanks to The Phantom Cacher for enlisting our help in this exciting mission.

Team Itchy & Scratchy

Wow.

Any of the other times we've checked on our ISQ - Permanent Farlow, we've never had any issues with the local prairie pygmies. But last Sunday something was different. Sure we'd see the tall grass rustle as we got near the cache, but this time a pack of the red-headed, teeth gnashing beasts surrounded our ankles and demanded we give them a lift to a place called New Hope. We decided we better do as they asked, besides it wasn't far.

When we got there the little devil pygmies immediately divided up and began climbing up poles and harassing the wildlife hidden in the strange little dwellings at the top of the poles. They didn't seem to be finding what they were after. We lost interest and began looking around the place. Suddenly a creature appeared before us and announced it was a Fawn God. It told us that a phantom ghost walker had asked it to guard the treasure. We'd never heard of this mysterious phantom guy, but we suspected it was his treasure that the pygmies were after.

We returned the pygmies back to their kingdom and returned home to ours. But the message of the fawn god kept ringing in our head. We did some research and learned about a Phantom Cacher whose main mission was to defend the planet from the hoards of evil pygmies threatening our peace and way of life. We discovered a message from the Phantom himself revealing the location of a secret coin and decided we should make a return visit to New Hope.

No sooner had we set foot on the hallowed grounds again than the full fury of the Devil Pygmy God was unleashed. Apparently he was watching over this place now too. Lightning bolts flashed, the wind roared and trees came crashing down. Not being used to fighting evil forces on a regular basis, we beat a hasty retreat.

But we had a mission and we are not easily discouraged, so the next night we made our third visit to New Hope. The Devil Pygmy God must have been sleeping. Suddenly the Fawn God appeared and told us that if we could find and defeat the dreaded wooley snake, the treasure would be released into our hands for safe keeping. Little did we know that this was an arboreal serpent. But finally we saw it hiding 25' up a tree. Itchy began his ascent and after a wicked battle the evil snake was conquered and the treasured coin fell from its grasp into Scratchy's waiting hands below.

The coin has been secured and is in safe keeping - away from the evil pygmies. This was an adventure we will not soon forget. Thanks to The Phantom Cacher for enlisting our help in this exciting mission.

Team Itchy & Scratchy

Here is a something amazing that happened to us while we were at the MWGB in Kendallville. On our way back to our capsite to get ready to go to participate in whatever was on the schedule for the rest of the day after we had just had a group photo taken at 5pm at the grandstands. I felt a real weird feeling someone touched my hand and put something in it, looked back after it all happened and no one in sight that we knew, once I opened my hand to see what it was I yelled " I Love You" how in the world could someone bless me with this coin? What Have I done to receive such a Mystery Coin that I dont hear much of in the forumns or anywhere else. Whoever blessed me with coin all I could think is that someone must think highly of us. I wanted to Thank You Mystery Phantom For making my Day X-tra special. This coin will remain in our collection for a lifetime.

I seen my dear friend got blessed with one of these coins to at MWGB, Guess we both are lucky Jackie.

We had a blast at MWGB, seen alot of old friends, made alot of new friends, and great time, alot of fun trading geocoins, area 51 was a blast. Cant wait until next year.

Barry and Valarie and Bella of sweetlife

I got a Phantom Cacher Coin! :P

At the area 51 fires on Friday night at the Midwest Geobash, I looked down next to me on the bench, and saw a Phantom looking back up at me. ;)

I had already found a Coin Dropping Fairy earlier in the day, so everyone was amazed that I had found another mystery coin. I spent the rest of the night teasing Mr Vegas Gamblers. Every time the peanut girls came around, I would run over to him and say "Oh look I found another mystery coin!" and I gave him my peanut. :P

Thank you Phantom Cacher, and congrats to everyone else who has found one!

DSC_0403.jpg

:ph34r:

Congrats indeed S&S and Cav Scout too! Great Stories here. I just remember hearing of the Phantoms Travels at Geocoinfest!!! Never even saw this thread till now!

Looks like he has been doin a little bit of cachin latley! Go get em!...One in Wisconsin that aint been grabbed yet~Should I get a plane ticket???? <_<

That Phantom sure made the rounds down South, But he aint seen Northern Cali Caches Yet! They get really Scary, so Scary its like you need a Trusty little Dog, just to keep you safe........

ec96b4da-eae1-4f64-8a14-c456f95d0ad6.jpg...Yeah Like that one!!!-Oh and a gun dont hurt, but not needed! Unless to scare off BigFoot!