Phantom Cacher Coin

PedalPushin

Found a new coin today ... not sure who this cacher is as he/she only seems to have 11 finds but the coin is nice nonetheless. Anybody out there with info, would love a response.

Looks like he/she swung through Anchorage and Fairbanks ... I was just lucky enough to get to the cache after him.

Alright I am confused :D ? I am going to go on the limb and state that you know more about this coin than we do :) . If I had to make a guess since you know Cav Scout I am thinking he has explained it all to you :lol: .

PedalPushin and CavScout @ Between a Rock and a Hard Place :lol:

5421307a-c380-43d3-918a-9333f2bee68d.jpg

Edited by Damenace

Found a new coin today ... not sure who this cacher is as he/she only seems to have 11 finds but the coin is nice nonetheless. Anybody out there with info, would love a response.

Looks like he/she swung through Anchorage and Fairbanks ... I was just lucky enough to get to the cache after him.

Alright I am confused :D ? I am going to go on the limb and state that you know more about this coin than we do :) . If I had to make a guess since you know Cav Scout I am thinking he has explained it all to you :lol: .

PedalPushin and CavScout @ Between a Rock and a Hard Place :lol:

5421307a-c380-43d3-918a-9333f2bee68d.jpg

I guess now I am confused ... yep, I know Cav Scout and have cached with him since he returned from Iraq. In fact it was in one of his caches that I found the coin but am not aware of any connection as a cacher, Phantom Cacher, visited the cache prior to my arrival. The cache is about 40 west of my location and we weren't able to get out there for the FTF due to the very cold temperatures the week before (-20 during the day and -40 degrees at night).

FYI: TMA told me the phantom account logged two caches in his area over the weekend. Both were checked by local cachers. No siggy in the logs and no coins in the caches.

It seems he's looking to drop a coin there sometime this week. Log from somewhere in Ohio Tribute to Bob Sacamano

Here for work and a break from Skull Cave. Quick find and Devil Dog likes hides of this sort. I will be around over the next week. Need to find a good cache for one of my Phantom coins

Maybe a picture of someone actually holding the coin might be nice . . . . . . :laughing:

Here are a couple of pictures proving the coin exists ... in my hand ... with a newspaper dated for this last Sunday. The coin really does exist ... if you haven't seen it yourself, we are going to the Coinfest event in Temecula, CA in February as well as the Mega Event the following day.

95c2b6a6-ef0b-4840-81b9-a6695b207718.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/8ba272...c0362344948.jpg

Edited by PedalPushin

Maybe a picture of someone actually holding the coin might be nice . . . . . . :laughing:

Here are a couple of pictures proving the coin exists ... in my hand ... with a newspaper dated for this last Sunday. The coin really does exist ... if you haven't seen it yourself, we are going to the Coinfest event in Temecula, CA in February as well as the Mega Event the following day.

95c2b6a6-ef0b-4840-81b9-a6695b207718.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/8ba272...c0362344948.jpg

Sweet, thanks. I can't wait to see it in February at CoinFest. See you there.

<_< We had heard of the ever elusive Phantom Cacher in the past. We have even searched for his coin in the past only to be spoiled by cacher’s that were up and at it quicker than we were. We noticed on the evening of November 17th that there was something going on when the Phantom Cacher posted a log on one of our other caches saying he was spending the night there with an Indian couple. As we have another cache in a pioneer cemetery that has a history of an Indian couple with child that perishes. We watched very closely the activities surrounding this. On November 18th we noticed that the Phantom Cacher had an epic battle with the MARs only to be saved by the great Oak Ents. The cache is Byrneville Pioneer Cemetery (GCK50R). A coin had somehow been taken in the scuffle that ensued. We were up and out before sunlight on November 19th in search of the elusive coin. As the dawn broke Sparhawk found the coin nestled in the beard of the Oak Ent. The scene of retrieval was surreal as he was standing on the bluff covered with moss with a 40 foot drop down into the Indian Creek. He had searched this area once but it took the dawn of the day for the coin to be realized. It was well worth the adventure to have one of these great treasures within the Geocaching community and the Phantom Cacher is thanked immensely for the adventure that he creates. It is a very cool looking coin.

What an awesome story S & S!! I can just imagine the battle. I love it when there's a great memory attached to a coin, you have a beautiful memory to last forever!! A coin as this is special by itself, but with the memories...PRICELESS!

Congrats on the find, glad to see the Phantom is still out and about!! Keep up the great memroy making Phantom...you are special!!

Congrats indeed S&S and Cav Scout too! Great Stories here. I just remember hearing of the Phantoms Travels at Geocoinfest!!! Never even saw this thread till now!

Looks like he has been doin a little bit of cachin latley! Go get em!...One in Wisconsin that aint been grabbed yet~Should I get a plane ticket???? :anibad:

That Phantom sure made the rounds down South, But he aint seen Northern Cali Caches Yet! They get really Scary, so Scary its like you need a Trusty little Dog, just to keep you safe........

ec96b4da-eae1-4f64-8a14-c456f95d0ad6.jpg...Yeah Like that one!!!-Oh and a gun dont hurt, but not needed! Unless to scare off BigFoot!

:grin: We had heard of the ever elusive Phantom Cacher in the past. We have even searched for his coin in the past only to be spoiled by cacher’s that were up and at it quicker than we were. We noticed on the evening of November 17th that there was something going on when the Phantom Cacher posted a log on one of our other caches saying he was spending the night there with an Indian couple. As we have another cache in a pioneer cemetery that has a history of an Indian couple with child that perishes. We watched very closely the activities surrounding this. On November 18th we noticed that the Phantom Cacher had an epic battle with the MARs only to be saved by the great Oak Ents. The cache is Byrneville Pioneer Cemetery (GCK50R). A coin had somehow been taken in the scuffle that ensued. We were up and out before sunlight on November 19th in search of the elusive coin. As the dawn broke Sparhawk found the coin nestled in the beard of the Oak Ent. The scene of retrieval was surreal as he was standing on the bluff covered with moss with a 40 foot drop down into the Indian Creek. He had searched this area once but it took the dawn of the day for the coin to be realized. It was well worth the adventure to have one of these great treasures within the Geocaching community and the Phantom Cacher is thanked immensely for the adventure that he creates. It is a very cool looking coin.

Oh, how awesome, S&S!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope to see The Phantom Cacher in our area someday!!

I picked up the Wisconsin coin that was dropped on Thanksgiving, coin #13. I drove 90 min one way hoping it was still there waiting for me. I owe a great thanks to my friend from Washington (Intolerable) for emailing me that the Phantom had been to Wisconsin.

Way to go. I don't know if you remember, But, we met at the geocoin event you were also at the "pirate" event earlier. I got to meet your adorable daughter, Emily. She is So smart for her age. You know she's gonna want one of these for her collection :anicute:

Antways, congratulations ! ! !

It looks like the Phantom Cacher has moved onto Illinois!

Black Hawk 4: Dickson (Pioneer) Cemetery (GC14C06)

Yep, the ghost that walks had been there. I was running a PQ late last Wednesday night for a weekend caching trip that I was planning to the Moline area when I noticed an rather interesting log on one of the caches in Black Hawk Park. Vaguely remembered some stories and posts about the mysterious Phantom Cacher, but didn't really know of the mystery coins that sometimes could be found near the cemeteries that he had visited. After reading the log and looking up his profile, I realized that this may be ones of those times. I almost jumped the car right then. Still, it was the middle the night and the cache was over an hours drive away. Plus, I knew the area wasn't one that anyone wanted to be searching at night with the temps in the single digits. I also figured that there was just no way that I could get there before the local cachers. I conceded to defeat. About mid-morning I checked to see just who had got it and saw that there was still no log. You all know how it goes. That did it. Not much of a chance, but I still had to go for it. The drive to the Quad Cities had my heart pumping faster than any of my FTF hunts or even the quests for Geocoin Fairy coins. To my dismay, I arrived to find the cemetery being guarded by band of pygmies grilling something that smelled like chicken over a fire. Slipped by them with a little stealth to the out-of-view far side of the tree that the Phantom had noted that he and Devil Dog engaged the wooley snake in battle. Found the carcass of the wooley snake still hanging in the tree. Searched all over but didn't find the coin. Beginning to believe that I was too late, my heart sank. Gave the original search area one last look over before I left when.. EUREKA!!! The lost treasure had been found! It had been hidden much better than I had expected. Wow, Thank you Phantom Cacher! A very cool coin. Now one of the most prized in my collection.

Yep, the ghost that walks had been there. I was running a PQ late last Wednesday night for a weekend caching trip that I was planning to the Moline area when I noticed an rather interesting log on one of the caches in Black Hawk Park. Vaguely remembered some stories and posts about the mysterious Phantom Cacher, but didn't really know of the mystery coins that sometimes could be found near the cemeteries that he had visited. After reading the log and looking up his profile, I realized that this may be ones of those times. I almost jumped the car right then. Still, it was the middle the night and the cache was over an hours drive away. Plus, I knew the area wasn't one that anyone wanted to be searching at night with the temps in the single digits. I also figured that there was just no way that I could get there before the local cachers. I conceded to defeat. About mid-morning I checked to see just who had got it and saw that there was still no log. You all know how it goes. That did it. Not much of a chance, but I still had to go for it. The drive to the Quad Cities had my heart pumping faster than any of my FTF hunts or even the quests for Geocoin Fairy coins. To my dismay, I arrived to find the cemetery being guarded by band of pygmies grilling something that smelled like chicken over a fire. Slipped by them with a little stealth to the out-of-view far side of the tree that the Phantom had noted that he and Devil Dog engaged the wooley snake in battle. Found the carcass of the wooley snake still hanging in the tree. Searched all over but didn't find the coin. Beginning to believe that I was too late, my heart sank. Gave the original search area one last look over before I left when.. EUREKA!!! The lost treasure had been found! It had been hidden much better than I had expected. Wow, Thank you Phantom Cacher! A very cool coin. Now one of the most prized in my collection.

Woo hoo! An adventure almost as exciting as the Phantom Cachers adventures! Congrats!