BIKEDOGS smashed penny- anyone?

007BigD

I have just placed a cache for Bikedog (BIKEDOG LIVES-GC10B9T)in Ukiah ca, to honor his 1 year early departure with us :blink: , it should be reviewed soon (posted yesterday).

It would be a great addition to the cache if I could find one of his smashed pennies to place in with the items that will not be removed.

I have a Bikedog Geocoin in there and other items that relate to bikedog, but it would complete this cache to have a signature item, whether it is one of his smashed pennies, a smashed nickel or anything he may have dropped in to say "bikedog was here"

If anyone has one - This would be a good, safe home for it! :o -----Thanks for your help---007BigD

Should this have been posted in General Discussion? :blink:

I don't think his pennies were trackable, so perhaps if you post this in the regional forums where he lived. Someone may have picked one up where he cached. I don't know if they would have traveled far and wide.

Yeah, I thought that out after posting(sorry) :laughing: , I logged on to Socalcachers this morning and I registered, but could not log on-there may be a problem. I sent an email to the moderator and we'll see. If I turn up with something I will post so we all can have a happy ending.-Thanks-------Oh and they were trackable, but through his website.

Edited by 007bigd

WOOHOO- Well no smashed penny yet, But I got the hook up on some of Bikedogs memorial cards that will be hand delivered to the cache---------AND------I emailed a guy that I got some Bikedog coins from a while back to get some more for FTF and NTF prizes and low and behold it was Cornerstone4 (a pillar of our community-get it :D )-I know I know DUH-dang newbie) But anyways I was gonna get a few more and he said he will send some for the cache :D ---What a guy!

SO THERE -an actual geocoin in this discussion to boot-how bout that! :D Thanks---007BigD

DONE DEAL :P - and better than ever, Not only did I get the Bikedog coins that Cornerstone4 sent, and the confirmation that Thunder4 will be hand delivering the Bikedog memorial Geocards this spring, BUT Howling Wolf sent me -not 1, not 2 but :P -10 Bikedog smashed pennies taped on a mailing card!!!!!!!! :huh:

The cache was found the day I found out about the smashed pennies and the day the Geocoins got here, they didnt get a Bikedog coin as FTF, but they did get a Desert Cachoids to represent Bikedogs journeys that took place mostly in the desert, of which I have offered them a trade for a penny and a coin.

So I guess my quest is complete, and I said if I was able to find one I would list it here for a happy ending for all....So here it is....The Happy ending!!!! Thank you- Dave

----I tried to upload a couple images of the coins and pennies, but could not figure out how- I didnt know what the URL# was.