New Coin

kimba off track

This is a great design . Love the fact it starts with pencil and paper as well. I would be interested if you mint them.

One side note. Both sides of the coin are shown rolling up. To be more realistic the back should just show the curl edges as a back view of map instead , get it flip it over :lol: It looks like a mirror at this point is this planned ? If not and you are seeking design input this thought would also allow for more room for the back canvas of the coin allowing more detail and larger font etc. , Just some friendly thoughts.

Glen

Wish the design would have incorporated Glenn's recomendation about the rolled up edges. Looks a bit off with both sides rolled. Could you still change the design?

edited for spelling

Edited by Atwell Family

Again, thanks to everyone. I realize that some very valid points have been made. There is no doubt that the scrolls on the back of the coin may have looked better if they rolled into the front as to make it look more realistic. Due to my inexperience, the art work was submitted as shown. I appreciate the input from everyone. As this was the first coin I have drawn , I now realize that I may have rushed the project. There is no doubt that while waiting to see what the finished poduct looks like, you have tons of time to think of a million things you could have done different!

My apologies to everyone that posted an opinion as to what may have improved the coin, only to find the suggestions were ignored on my part. :blink: In my defense, I would like to add that I had no idea what the cost of such a project would cost with all the great ideas both in my head, and the ones posted here. It was scary just thinking about it.

The geocaching community has been so amazing, and being the rookie that I am at all of this, I can only ask everone to see the coin for the idea itself, and if you like it, watch out.... the next one I do will be even better! Next time, I will actually LISTEN to your suggestions... I promise.

Lastly, while I am busy thanking Hogwild for taking the idea I had on paper and making it a reality, I feel it important to thank several other people/companies for their offer to make this happen. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I will refrain from listing them individually.

I expressed interest in this coin when you were first developing it. Didn't get word until yesterday that Hogwild had it. By then it was sold out. Not much sense in offering support on a new coin if you get left out.

Thanks.

I know what you mean. They were sold out when I went to get one too. Wonder how many were made?

I expressed interest in this coin when you were first developing it. Didn't get word until yesterday that Hogwild had it. By then it was sold out. Not much sense in offering support on a new coin if you get left out.

Thanks.

I know what you mean. They were sold out when I went to get one too. Wonder how many were made?

Go to Hogwildstuff.org The first paragraph on their home page tells you how to preorder for the next batch of these coins.

Thanks.

On the popular coins, you pretty much have to be at your computer when the email arrives, or they will be gone. It's amazing how fast some coins sell out. Having said that, I was one of the lucky ones, and I believe I bought 2 sets. I honestly can't remember though. Too many coins, not enough memory. I'll look at my order when I get home. If I did indeed get more than one set, you're welcome to my extra set if you are interested. :P

Edit to add: [begin Pirate voice]

Arr matey! I jiust checked my booty and I did indeed scavenge two sets of ye ole treasure maps. Ye got a set o' them maps a comin' to ya ye scoundrels! Arrr!

[end pirate voice]

Edited by rasj

It always amazes me at how unprepared these coin manufacturers are for the coins to be sold. This coin has been in the works for a couple months at least and there has been a huge response and it was obvious to me that many, many coins would be sold. Apparently HogWild Stuff had no clue because it appears they didn't make nearly enough coins. So now we have to sit around and wait who knows how long for the next batch to be made and hopefully there will be enough coins that time. It is very discouraging to anticipate a coin for so long and then miss out on it. I personally would prefer to preorder (not pay up front but preorder). That way I have a reservation for the coin and when it comes out, they invoice me and I am happy. The manufacturer makes a couple hundred more than the preorders indicate for emergencies and those who missed out can blame nobody but themselves. As I always say, just my $.02 worth.

Yes, but I can sympathize with the coin manufacturers as well - sometimes what seems like a great idea on paper, may, or may NOT translate into something people want.

Sometimes I see coins that Im CRAZY about that are relatively easy to obtain, while others - some I may not be interested in at all, sell out almost immediately.

I can't blame the coin companies for playing it safe - its easier to re-order for demand, than to overextend themselves and have tons of coins left over, possibly taking a loss. (Which may delay, or even prevent ANOTHER new coin from getting done.)

Id rather be safe than sorry if it was my bank account funding the coin production.

Hmm . . . Sometimes it is hard to win. :P

You produce to many coins and people are unhappy because they don't retain their value. You produce to few and people are unhappy because the can't get them.

I will admit, this is my very worst underestimation. More tracking numbers have been ordered and if things go according to plan at Groundspeak will be in my hands this evening. Additional coins were ordered last night. I am shooting for about 10 days to have them back in stock.

I have also started a priority wait list for early notification that the coins are in stock. If you want on that list send an e-mail to info@hogwildstuff.org and put in the subject line Pirate.

While this is not an ideal situation for anyone, I have never had to bargin basement sell any coin I have produced and I hope to maintain that practice.

S

I personally like the way most coins are done. It keeps it interesting. There's nothing like the adrenaline rush you get when you see a coin going up for sale, and you are trying to get in there quick before they are all gone. :P It just isn't smart business to mass priduce a coin if you don't know how well it will sell "in the real world" Take the magic 8 ball coin for example. It wasn't minted in a large quantity at first, and they sold out FAST! So they made some more of them. That has been quite a long time ago, and they are STILL for sale on the website. To me, that means they made too many the second time and could possibly be stuck with no telling how many coins.

Don't get too frustrated if you miss out on a coin's initial sale. There's a very good chance you can strike a deal with someone who has one, and make a trade later on. Just visit the coin trading sites. You'll find what you are looking for eventually.

Edited by rasj

Hmm . . . Sometimes it is hard to win. :anibad:

You produce to many coins and people are unhappy because they don't retain their value. You produce to few and people are unhappy because the can't get them.

I will admit, this is my very worst underestimation. More tracking numbers have been ordered and if things go according to plan at Groundspeak will be in my hands this evening. Additional coins were ordered last night. I am shooting for about 10 days to have them back in stock.

I have also started a priority wait list for early notification that the coins are in stock. If you want on that list send an e-mail to info@hogwildstuff.org and put in the subject line Pirate.

While this is not an ideal situation for anyone, I have never had to bargin basement sell any coin I have produced and I hope to maintain that practice.

S

I am not complaining about you guys, just about how slow I was to get to these. :P

Sorry about getting on the foum so late. Down with the flu but making a slow recovery.

First: Thank you Steve (Hogwild). Excellent job and happy that they have sold so quickly. It will take me a day or so, but I intend to go back through the original messages in the fourm and try to make trades with some of the people that posted and showed interest. If anyone feels left out, please remember that I am dealing with a numbered amount of coins to deal with.

I don't expect to get my coins until the end of this week or begining of next, so please be patient the process. I really don't wish to make any deals until next week when I know exactly what I am dealing with.

Thank you EVERYONE for your input/suggestions and comments. All was greatly appreciated. I can't thank Steve enough, but I can assure you that I am very pleased.

Due to the limited numbers of trades I can offer, please get on the Hogwild pre-order list to assure your coin(s).

Thanks agian.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time :huh: Because of my work (as a fridgy) I'm out and about all day, but yesterday I was home for lunch and checked the e-mails, found these cool coins were finally on sale and ordered 1 of each. At that stage there was 90 silver and 63 gold left. I know someone else that went to buy there's less than an hour later and they were Sold Out! :huh:

To hogwilds credit they have now realised the demand for this coin is high and as a result are doing another run, meaning that everyone who wants one can get one :D

Shows that "kimba off tracks" design is very cool :D Well Done!