Rebate Check from garmin

texas1

I got my Garmin 60cxs for christmas as a gift from a family member,got a tracking # and notice from garmin that the rebate was denined because of no receipt,all other documantion was send in.The family member that bought it has since moved over sea's, know way to get in touch with him. Is there anything i can do or will i have to just eat it? you would think that since i register it with garmin and fill out all paper work ,and send in the bar code of of box that they would most likely know that it was bought from them .Thanks for any info. on this matter.

texas1

One of the ways companies are able to offer a large rebate on an item like this and still earn a profit is because many people never get around to sending them in, and others do not submit them EXACTLY as instructed, so they are able to deny them. This significantly reduces the average cost of the rebate per unit. Get the reciept, or you're screwed.