GC10000

Regardless of whether it was first in timing or just sequence, it's still something to get excited about. The cache write-up is pretty interesting, and res2100 was pretty lucky to get it. It represents growth of geocaching, for which we can all appreciate. I for one am proud to have FTF of the first (numerically speaking) 7-digit geocache. :lol:

:lol: duhgee and I found this tonight. I get a call at 7:30pm and off we go. We met halfway and then drove up together to try and see if we couldn't find it. We were all fluttery inside with anticipation (how nerdy I know - but it was FANTASTIC). Once we found the spot duhgee was quick to find it being the first to open GC10000. WTG! What a fantastic night - thanks for the cache and the forum posts to let us know that this one was more or less in our backyard. Can't believe it wasn't attempted before this (almost 3 weeks out there before found).

In terms of it being luck that res2100 got the number - sure - but he, his wife and son would be considered local geocaching royalty and having hidden 111 published caches, he deserves it. Thanks res!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by flamejobgrrl

Yea, congratuations. :lol:

Pure luck he got that number, I'm sure.

Correct... cache numbers are automatically assigned when you hit the report new listing button. That has nothing to do with when it is approved. I have a couple that I have been working on that still have the 6 digit code. He just got lucky.

:lol:

Yea, congratuations. :lol:

Correct... cache numbers are automatically assigned when you hit the report new listing button. That has nothing to do with when it is approved. I have a couple that I have been working on that still have the 6 digit code. He just got lucky.

:lol:

That's not exactly true. I have a test cache page that has never been sent for review, but it has a GC#. If I was of the mind, I could have created a bunch of these and, perhaps, been the proud owner of GC10000.

Yea, congratuations. :laughing:

I detect a hint of sarcasm here, maybe it's just me. :blink: I live within range of this cache, hope to find it some day. Great job on the write-up.

I still wonder how many cache pages were snagged just prior to GC10000 that will likely never be submitted for review.