The Country With the most Geocachers

tangerineman

We live in a country where were unlikely to be ravaged by bears or moose or beavers or Shania Twain everytime we leave the house...

oh and were not under 15 metres of snow all the time...

and we like being outdoors and active.. not sitting about drinking a cold Molson Canadian and watching pointless ice hockey games....

and there's loads we can do besides caching... but give me sometime to think what it is!

Goes to drink my cup of tea.. nibble my crumpet and relax to my Barenaked Ladies CD..... (They're Canadian??? surely not?)

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

They live on an island, it rains a lot, what else is there to do.... LOL

DD

I have been to Alberta 3 times..................GOD it was desolate!!!!! Had to leave the army to stop them from sending me again. :lol::lol:

Seriously though, as Hazel has said we have a diverse country, that is rich with history. I think we also have a different approach to caching from your side of the pond??

I blame the falling standards of British television. In another 50 years it'll be as bad as what passes for entertainment in America*. :)

*I know Canada isn't the USA, but as they say, you can tell a lot about a country by the company it keeps. I would say something about Canadian TV if I'd ever seen any. You don't seem to export much of it. Keeping all those famous Canadian Comedians to yourselves eh? :lol: :lol:

P.S. I live next door to some Canadians. They're very fat, but seem like nice people. :D

We live in a country where were unlikely to be ravaged by bears or moose or beavers or Shania Twain everytime we leave the house...

Errr, I wouldn't mind being ravished by Shania to be honest :lol:.....................(Oh, you said ravaged! :lol:)...............Still same answer though!

Edited by Nediam

Back on topic though,

We have a pretty much consistent climate i.e. wet! But we don't have to contend with really extreme weather conditions or dangerous animals that may put some people in other countries off.

I went to Canada last year, a couple of friends were skiing/snowboarding. I thought I'd tag along and keep the local bar tender happy and might get the chance to grab a couple of caches. We went to Whistler, First day, absolutley freezing! -20 deg celcius or something, the rest of the week? ......rain! didn't get chance to do any caches but did take a nice walk up tho the "Lost Lake". Got there and noticed the signs..."Do not feed the bears!" Just what I wanted to see whilst surrounded by eerie mist! :D:lol::)

Seriously though, I/we had a great time over there, thanks for the hospitality :D:D

(I seem to be taking over this thread so I'll shut up now :lol: )

Edited by Nediam

*I know Canada isn't the USA, but as they say, you can tell a lot about a country by the company it keeps.

*What are you trying to say Paul?? :):D

I just noticed the numbers on the main page - under Topics and Replies. If you check out United Kingdom, there must be a huge number of cachers in the UK. Any one here with some hands-on UK experiences or thoughts on why it's such a phenomenon there?

It helps them keep their minds off the cricket.

dave

The OP said UK, the cricket is very much just England on their TOD, mainly because we can't play it up here, too cold!! :lol::lol:

*As you may have guessed I am Scottish and the company we keep are the English. :D:D

The OP said UK, the cricket is very much just England on their TOD, mainly because we can't play it up here, too cold!! :lol::lol:

Pedantic mode on....

Its the England and Wales Cricket board.... so not techinically England on it's TOD....

Pedantic Mode off..

And Scotland have a developing team - I saw them play Pakistan last year!

I just noticed the numbers on the main page - under Topics and Replies. If you check out United Kingdom, there must be a huge number of cachers in the UK. Any one here with some hands-on UK experiences or thoughts on why it's such a phenomenon there?

I think it's just that we spend far too much time posting messages to these forums when the rest of the world is outside hunting boxes :lol::):lol:

I blame the falling standards of British television. In another 50 years it'll be as bad as what passes for entertainment in America*. :D

*I know Canada isn't the USA, but as they say, you can tell a lot about a country by the company it keeps. I would say something about Canadian TV if I'd ever seen any. You don't seem to export much of it. Keeping all those famous Canadian Comedians to yourselves eh? :lol::)

P.S. I live next door to some Canadians. They're very fat, but seem like nice people. :lol:

All the canadian comedians work in the US! Wikipedia even has a special entry for it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Canadian_comedians

Aykroyd, Dan - Actor (Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers), formerly of Saturday Night Live

Bullard, Mike - former late night talk show host

Candy, John - Actor (Uncle Buck, Home Alone), from SCTV

Carrey, Jim - Actor (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Dumb and Dumber)

Cullen, Seán -

Gagnon, André-Philippe - Impersonator

Green, Tom - formerly of MTV

Hartman, Phil - formerly of Saturday Night Live & Simpsons

Levy, Eugene - Actor (American Pie), from SCTV

Little, Rich - Impersonator

MacDonald, Norm - formerly of Saturday Night Live

Mandel, Howie -

Mercer, Rick - Host of Rick Mercer Report, and formerly of This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Mochrie, Colin - from Whose Line Is It Anyway and formerly of This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Moranis, Rick - Actor (Ghostbusters, Little shop of horrors, Honey, I shrunk the kids), from SCTV

Myers, Mike - Actor (Austin Powers, Shrek), formerly of Saturday Night Live

Nielsen, Leslie - Actor (Airplane!, Naked Gun)

O'Hara Catherine - Actress (Home Alone), from SCTV

Short, Martin - formerly of SCTV

Smith, Steve - aka 'Red Green'

Thomas, Dave - Movie Actor, from SCTV

I might even add Captain Kirk, William Shatner to the list too. If you've seen any of those insurance and bran commercials he's doing you'll know what I mean :-)

If I were you I'd conveniently forget about Eugene Levy, Tom Green and Jim Carrey. Mike Myers is British (sort of - well we claimed Greg Rusedski we might as well claim Mike!)

Colin Mochrie, Leslie Neilsen and Dan Ackroyd fair enough.

Can't say I've heard of many of the rest!

The OP said UK, the cricket is very much just England on their TOD, mainly because we can't play it up here, too cold!! :huh::laughing:

Pedantic mode on....

Its the England and Wales Cricket board.... so not techinically England on it's TOD....

Pedantic Mode off..

And Scotland have a developing team - I saw them play Pakistan last year!

Oh, is Scotland a country? As far as cricket is concerned I thought it was a Minor County (like Hertfordshire) :blink:

Cricket? Bleurgh...I would have more fun watching paint dry. I prefer rugby and the Canadians have a good Rugby team :D

I hate tea too, does that count? :)

Would love to cache in Canada one day but sadly I cant afford the flight over, so one day...

Here is a list of our top rated caches in the UK so you can see the sort of things we get up to :huh: