Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
papatom2

Repeater lon/lat database

Just saw this ad for "TravelPlus for Repeaters" and it started me to wondering - Does this software export the station call sign + Lon/Lat + freq in a csv file or any file? Can one get latest licensed repeater info from the web with it?

And if that'sa no - Is there anywhere I could get this info on my own?

I was thinking of making a GSAK database of this info and uploading it to DeLorme maps so I could find repeaters as I traveled the wide world (or at lest the USA).

Try http://www.artscipub.com/.

Click on Repeater Database.

I got the TravelPlus CD for Christmas. It's nice and invaluable but it isn't the only source to rely on. I also have the Artsci Repeater book and it has some info that is different than TravelPlus. You have to weed it out and do tests. Find the repeater calls and then Google them to get even more info. TravelPlus has a very nice map function and it exports the info in several formats that can then be used in radio programming software.

Thanks for the reply Paul,

The main question I have is:

Does "TravelPlus for Repeaters" export the Lon and Lat for ALL repeaters in a file or printed form.

It's the Lon/Lat that I need for my project.

Thanks - Tom

Thanks for the reply Paul,

The main question I have is:

Does "TravelPlus for Repeaters" export the Lon and Lat for ALL repeaters in a file or printed form.

It's the Lon/Lat that I need for my project.

Thanks - Tom

Tom,

Sorry about not answering your question.

It doesn't appear that you can export the L&L from the software. However, the software does what you want to do I believe. You can lay out a route and the software will give you all of the repeaters on that route within a given radius. You can also export the repeater info into your radio programming software or Excel with a little work.

I have found that some of the info is lacking. Some of the tone info isn't there or is incorrect for example. I believe that is due to info changing after the CD has been produced. I don't believe that the database can be updated without buying the latest version of the CD. At least I can't find a update function.

I hope this helps.

Paul

I think it would be interesting (going along with the original idea of long / lats) of making it into a KML file for Google Earth on its own to show repeaters/freqs/PL's etc. Now if I could just figure out how to make a KML :unsure:

Hi,papatom2 I think this site (poi factory) has what your looking for.They have the file available for download.If I understand you correctly. Mike73 KB3LZZ