Record days for a posted cache to get a FTF

uminski

I was wondering what the record is for the maximum number of days a Geo cache goes until a first to find?

I am in New Joysee, and it seems most newly posted caches are found within a few days.

However there is one cache I am working on (GCZ8FD) that has been unfound for almost 1 month now.

This particular cache is named (Take Me Out to Another Ball Game) with a difficulty of 3.5 and a terrain of 5.

I think one has to be a baseball statistician to sovle it.

Just curious if anyone knows of a cache with more than 1 month without a first to find?

I was wondering what the record is for the maximum number of days a Geo cache goes until a first to find?

I am in New Joysee, and it seems most newly posted caches are found within a few days.

However there is one cache I am working on (GCZ8FD) that has been unfound for almost 1 month now.

This particular cache is named (Take Me Out to Another Ball Game) with a difficulty of 3.5 and a terrain of 5.

Just curious if anyone knows of a cache with more than 1 month without a first to find?

This one put out in 2004 was never found before being archived

T507

This cache was placed more than 6 years ago, and as of today, no one has logged a find.

The cache is located about 1700 miles from Joysee, but with the right boat and a good tail wind, you might be able to be the first to find it and still be back at work on Monday morning! :)

edit: missing word

Edited by cache_test_dummies

Twoforone or another cache by the same user was hidden back in November and the last I have heard it has not been found yet. The other caches in the area by this user, I believe it took over a month until they were finally found. Some of the more difficult or remote ones do seem to take longer until the first person finds them.

This cache was placed more than 6 years ago, and as of today, no one has logged a find.

The cache is located about 1700 miles from Joysee, but with the right boat and a good tail wind, you might be able to be the first to find it and still be back at work on Monday morning! :)

edit: missing word

Wish I was in Belize now.

G'day

We have about 24 unfound caches here in the state of Western Australia. Good opportunity to boost one's FTF ratio :laughing: .

The oldest, Nichols Knob was placed on April 20, 2003. I am a bit surprised it hasn't been found yet as it is only 850 km (528 mi) from Perth, the capital of Western Australia, were most local geocachers are, but it is in pretty desolate county and involves a good 30 km (19 mi) return walk where one would need to carry around 9 to 12 litres of water and camp overnight. I am assuming that the terrain in the area would not allow for off-track 4WD driving.

Now I may have to consider an expedition to get this cache this coming winter. Way too hot to go for it at the moment. The mean temperature at the nearest town for January is 37 C (99 F) and the highest recorded maximum is 47.8 F (118 F). Oh and no shade :) .

Mind you fours year out there. Might not be much to find anymore.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

With apologies, as these are admittedly a bit beyond the Jersey Highlands...

Ridgeseeker's apt moniker means you'll find yourself in the high country chasing his caches.

I admire the stunning photographs he places in his cache galleries. His yet unfound caches:

"The Top of Tiehacker", "Bear Mountain Summit Cache", and "The Castle Table" cache.

Here's my favorite Ridgeseeker photo, of his caching pal Geo looking down on mountain goats

at the twice-logged "Godwin Glacier Overlook".

a3ddf0dd-5717-4495-afbc-1dbbcd26db42.jpg

Other unfound Alaskan adventure caches include: "The Denali Fault Cache", "Ridgeseeker's Holy Grail",

"Ivan's Eye", and Northpeak's trio outside Prince William Sound on the Gulf of Alaska, exemplified by

the "That's Swell cache". Here's a Northpeak photo from the latter location:

4c7a709b-a935-47c7-8088-b3940146a3f2.jpg

Like the caches StarBrand listed, these are locations off the beaten path (FAR off!),

and represent some pretty awesome trips to earn that 'FTF' log.

My hat's off to anyone who can log any one of these caches!

Alaska - see it B4UDIE...