New MapSource BETA v6.12.0, Has new Geocaching Icons!

Jim W

I don't know, I haven't tried yet, I usually use GSAK, but I noticed when I loaded a PQ GPX file into MapSource beta v6.12.0 that all the icons show up on the map as regular cache icons, so guess you have to change them manually?

72973459.jpg

72974223.jpg

Edited by Jim W

Jim, where did you get the hunting icon? and do you know how many icon you can load on a 60csx

thanks!

Edsfind, the hunting icons are in the new MapSource Beta v6.12.0, just load a waypoint into MapSource, then bouble click on it, a window will pop up, and click on the Symbols drop down arrow and there they are.

I would imagine there will have to be a firmware update to your GPS before the new icons can be used, and since the Beta version expires in March that's when the new firmware updates will come out. :ph34r:

Jim

Edited by Jim W

Jim, where did you get the hunting icon? and do you know how many icon you can load on a 60csx

thanks!

Edsfind, the hunting icons are in the new MapSource Beta v6.12.0, just load a waypoint into MapSource, then bouble click on it, a window will pop up, and click on the Symbols drop down arrow and there they are.

I would imagine there will have to be a firmware update to your GPS before the new icons can be used, and since the Beta version expires in March that's when the new firmware updates will come out. :ph34r:

Jim

That is a lot of firmware updates, considering all the models that are out there using these symbols. I sure hope they do!

The symbols you are seeing in Mapsource are for use in Mapsource (on your PC), not necessarily available in the various handhelds.......

Jest for grins....take a look and notice how many others (other than just the new ones) that you don't have, and never have had, available in your units also......

sorry to pop your bubble.....

thanks!

Jim

No, that just means the final MapSource v6.12.0 will be out before then. It's no guarantee of new GPS OS releases. MapSource has always included more icons than are available on any of their GPS units.

thanks!

I would imagine there will have to be a firmware update to your GPS before the new icons can be used, and since the Beta version expires in March that's when the new firmware updates will come out. :blink:

Jim

No, that just means the final MapSource v6.12.0 will be out before then. It's no guarantee of new GPS OS releases. MapSource has always included more icons than are available on any of their GPS units.

Sad, but true, there may never be a new firmware update, that's why the :o face, about all MapSource is good for is loading maps to your GPSr (that's my opinion) GSAK has it all over MapSource :blink: