GPS Crazy

mrb277

:D My wife ordered a Magellan Explorist XL and Mapsend Topo from this company in November. They offered a special shipping deal fron Airborne and the unit was delivered "overnite". Kudos for GPS Crazy. Unfortunately, they sent Garmin Mapsource instead of Magellan Mapsend software. I sent "William" three E Mails and placed three telephone calls before I was sent a RAN so I could send it back for credit. It was returned via USPS on Dec 12.

Since then I have been assured that the funds would be refunded on Dec 27, or soon after. I admit that one or more E Mails I have sent have been snide, but I really don't understand why the order of TWO items was bungled to begin with, or why this guy can't answer inquiries timely, or just keep his word and refund the money.

Looking back... I should have offered the Garmin software for sale on E Bay rather than trusting this guy. Right now I am out $89.95 and see no possibility that I"ll ever receive my money. Adding $90 to the advertised price makes this one of the most EXPENSIVE offers on the internet.

Bottom line...

I have no dispute with those who have had a more positive experience , but I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company... there appears to be good reason they have been removed from Bizrate and Pricegrabber. You are much better off paying a few dollars more and deal with an honest ( competent) company.

To be fair, I don't think the GPS Crazy management are shady. They just don't seem to have the experience, business acumen, and resources that are necessary. Internet commerce has reached a level of maturity where it simply not acceptable to run a business in a slap-dash fashion, and expect customers to be satisfied with it.

My opinion only, of course.

Call your credit card company. Contesting the charges freezes the funds and forces the seller to address the issue with you and the bank. Send follow-up by mail, copy to the vendor.

USPS was used in part. Although they may not do much, nothing wakes up someone like a query from the Postal Inspector. (Read Federal Police Officer)

Write the review, be strictly business. JUST THE FACTS, SIR!

Check out this thread for a previous discussion about GPS Crazy and my experience with them. If you used Paypal to pay for your purchase, you have resources through them. I got an immediate refund when I threatened to make a Paypal complaint. No apology or explanation, mind you, but I did get my money back.

I think their "GPS Facts and Things To Consider When Purchasing A GPS Unit" on their homepage should be a tip-off. Much of it doesn't make sense - like when you translate something through 2 or 3 different languages, then back to the original. A few examples:

"If you have ever worn map and compass, you will understand a little about how the GPS works."

I have to admit, I've never worn a map, so that may impact my understanding of GPS.

"Satellites orbiting the earth emit sole signals that can be usual by a GPS."

Huh?

"Drivers can find their way through city streets, long void trekkers use the technology to irritable unfamiliar terrain, mariners and pilots use GPS enhanced data to irritable the seas and skies."

Yes, and my hovercraft is full of eels.

FYI....it was not GPS Crazy who posted the review! Also, we do not accept items back after 2 months!! It was clearly states on our website at time of purchase. Some people are just unbelievable! Your software was sent back to you. Again, you cannot hold us liable because you chose to notify us of the mistake almost 2 weeks after you received the merchandise, "hold" the software for over a month before sending it back, and issue no form of communication with us during the 8 week process of sending the item back.

My apologies if you think we should make an exception for the exceptional delay in returning the product, but that is not our policy.

By the way, the article is a work in progress and did get a little of course due to on our website engineers changing it for SEO. We are extremely fluent in English(only language, actually).

Thanks,

GPS Crazy, Inc.

FYI....it was not GPS Crazy who posted the review! Also, we do not accept items back after 2 months!! It was clearly states on our website at time of purchase. Some people are just unbelievable! Your software was sent back to you. Again, you cannot hold us liable because you chose to notify us of the mistake almost 2 weeks after you received the merchandise, "hold" the software for over a month before sending it back, and issue no form of communication with us during the 8 week process of sending the item back.

My apologies if you think we should make an exception for the exceptional delay in returning the product, but that is not our policy.

By the way, the article is a work in progress and did get a little of course due to on our website engineers changing it for SEO. We are extremely fluent in English(only language, actually).

Thanks,

GPS Crazy, Inc.

This is in response to the GPS crazy E Mail of Jan 15.

I was in error when I reported that I had returned Mapsource Topo to this company on Dec 12, it was actually Dec 8.

This is the actual timeline:

Nov 25... item ordered

Nov 27... item received via Airborne

Dec 2... Wife phones CS number... a recording

Dec 3... I request RAN

Dec 6... I re-request RAN

Dec 6, PM, I receive RAN with this E MAil

---------------------------------------------------

Yes, please send it back to:

GPS Crazy, Inc.

RMA BP120501

468 Telluride Drive

Gilberts, IL 60136

We will immediately issue credit upon receipt.

Thank you,

William

GPS Crazy, Inc.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dec 8 ... Item returned via USPS

Dec 27... I ask when I will receive the refund, and receive this reply...

Gene,

We are processing RMA's today and yours should be

processed today or early tommorrow.

Thank you,

William

The fuzzy math employed to justify this particular failure is amazing.

Nov 27 to Dec 3=Two weeks

Dec 8 to Dec 27=two months

On my calendar it hasn't been two months since it was ordered! much less, since I returned the item.

The claim that there was no attempt to communicate with this company is false.

Dates E Mail have been sent by me... Dec 3,6,27 Jan 2,4,5. The final three have yet to be responded to by GPS Crazy. Phone calls are a waste of time because the recorded message directs one to the website.

I am anticipating the redelivery of my software (MapSource Topo) as has been claimed to have been sent in the GPS Crazy E MAil to this Forum. I am so sure it hasn't been sent, that I pledge the proceeds from my future sale of this software to the Disabled American Veterans. Finally, I could have offered no argument or complaint that could have illustrated the lack of entegrity envolved here better than their factually challenged E Mail has proven.

I suggest that a portion of the time spent debating the posters on this forum be redirected into productive Customer Service resolutions.

Now, I think I will go find a cache.