2007 Midwest GeoBash (GCZRVY)

Bjorn74

When the page goes live, this will be it. (If it isn't active, the page will say so.)

Links to be watching:

Midwest GeoBash Web Site

The Midwest GeoBash Forums

Noble County, Indiana Tourism information

Lodging

Restaurants

Other Camping Options

Airports

Ft Wayne, IN - Fort Wayne Baer Field (FWA)

South Bend, IN - South Bend (SBN)

Toledo, OH - Toledo Express Airport (TOL)

Kalamazoo, MI - Kalamazoo (AZO)

Indianapolis, IN - Indianapolis (IND)

Kalamazoo, MI - Kalamazoo (AZO)

Chicago, IL - Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)

Train

Amtrak Station in Waterloo, only 13 miles East of the fairgrounds You should be able to arrange pickup with someone.

Alternate Transport

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Local Caches

Notes:

This forum topic will likely not be watched by the organizers. All discussion should be directed to the MWGB forums.

We hosted roughly 800 Geocachers in Michigan last summer. We expect to have several hundred in addition this time around. Make plans early to attend.

Some local hotels are offering discounted rates. Call the hotels for details. The hotel next to the fairgrounds may fill before the end of January.

Ample camping will be available at the fairgrounds for the length of the GeoBash only. If you would like to stay longer, before or after, there are other camping options as close as a few blocks that can accomidate longer stays.

The Three Day Schedule will be similar to 2005's schedule. Information sessions will be Saturday with some organized activities at other times.

Catering has been arranged. Details forthcoming.

There will be Tshirts and Coins. Details forthcoming.

There will be ducks, ducks, and more ducks. Penguins and Flamingos are always encouraged to attend.

Hello everyone! Registration is NOW OPEN for the Midwest Geobash. Registration is free. This year we are doing our "will call" a little differently by offering "registration pacakges". Camping is also a registration package. The process of adding people and packages should be pretty straightforward, but if you have problems please email us at info@midwestgeobash.org for assistance.

The Link:

http://www.midwestgeobash.org/registration.php

I plan to attend and luckily I have family near the event that I can stay with.:D

Wimp!

You MUST camp!!!! :D

Call Carleen & I wimps....we booked a room at the hotel next-door.

Warm showers and A/C...ahh....

I'll be in the hotel too :lol: Booked my room yesterday. It's only for sleeping and showering though. Or for Ben and I to barricade ourselves in if the going gets really tough.

Incidentally, we have a group rate at the hotel so if you did not tell them you are with MWGB, call 'em back for a discount. I think it's like $15 or $20 a night. Not shabby.

I plan to attend and luckily I have family near the event that I can stay with.:lol:

Wimp!

You MUST camp!!!! :D

Call Carleen & I wimps....we booked a room at the hotel next-door.

Warm showers and A/C...ahh....

I'll be in the hotel too :D Booked my room yesterday. It's only for sleeping and showering though. Or for Ben and I to barricade ourselves in if the going gets really tough.

Incidentally, we have a group rate at the hotel so if you did not tell them you are with MWGB, call 'em back for a discount. I think it's like $15 or $20 a night. Not shabby.

the discout, or the price of the room, being 20 bucks?

Looking for podcasters interested in being part of the radio station this year.

Email have been sent to:

Podcacher

Jersey Geocaching

Geocaching Podcast

Cache-A-Maniacs

Twin Cities Geocaching Podcast

SLAGA's Podcast (St. Louis)

Granite State Geocachers

GeoTalk

Contact me or suggest others on the MWGB Suggestion Forum

203 Will Attends

594 Registrations

If you like to meet new people, learn a few things you never would have imagined, or want to see what caching in rural Indiana is like, make your plans now.

www.MidwestGeoBash.org

Edited by Bjorn74

June 20th is the day that a lot of registration packages will be removed from the system. The three main reasons you want to place your order before then are:

1. You won't miss out on the best deals on the packages.
  2. There may be some personalized goodies.
  3. If you don't register by then, you could miss out on a goodie bag altogether.

Shortly after the 20th will be the cut off date for having everything paid for. If items are not paid for by that time, the items will drop into general inventory to be sold at the event.

The last date to purchase Camping: July 13th.

All of these items will be available in limited quantities and sizes at the event until they run out, for a higher cost. Consider yourself warned.

June 20th is the day that a lot of registration packages will be removed from the system. The three main reasons you want to place your order before then are:

1. You won't miss out on the best deals on the packages.
  2. There may be some personalized goodies.
  3. If you don't register by then, you could miss out on a goodie bag altogether.

Shortly after the 20th will be the cut off date for having everything paid for. If items are not paid for by that time, the items will drop into general inventory to be sold at the event.

The last date to purchase Camping: July 13th.

All of these items will be available in limited quantities and sizes at the event until they run out, for a higher cost. Consider yourself warned.

I SO wanted to find a way to get there! Almost had myself convinced that I could buck the deadlines, cache my way over from St. Louis, sleep in the back of my truck and participate in the Cache-A-Maniac / Podcacher podcast 'show'. Then I woke up and realized that I'm not 20 years old any more, I need to be at the SLAGA summer picnic on 7/21/07 and spend more time looking for a paying job.

Then again ...

Did I miss it?

I think you missed alot this weekend :lol:

contact Leaddog to buy the rights to the photos :P

:P:(:P:P:huh::P:o

Did I miss it?

Not as much as Torry. He arrived at 4:30am today. :P

Wulf

At least there was a welcoming committee in place for him!!! It was such a fun 4:30am!

Y'know what's awful? I would have loved to go to this event, even though I'm brand new to Geocaching. The awful part is, I was IN Kendallville from the 20-21st, and had no idea this was happening there (like I said, brand new, never checked regional forums before today).

ARGH!

Well, at least I'll be able to attend next year, hopefully.