IP?

avslpfan81085

OK... here is my example...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...fa-03bac909269e

It is in the first sentence right after the warning for the disclaimer. I am assuming that the closest answer is what NightPilot said with 'Initial Point' which is what i figured.

In that context - I would agree it means "initial point". Though I must confess to never seeing anybody else use it.

It's a very common term in the military. If you have no military experience, then it may not be familiar. I certainly didn't write the cache description, but at least on a first reading I would take it as Initial Point.

Believe it or don't, I rarely, if ever heard it in 22 years in the Army. But I just must have been in the wrong types of units. :) But it definately pops up on a DOD list of military terms: Initial Point

As far as a cache description, I can safely say I've never seen it. Have you seen it by anyone other than this cache placer? A moot point I guess, since Initial Point was pretty much everyones first guess.