Who Do You Agree With?

I'm still new to this thing called geocaching, so a lot of the "dead horse" debates are still somewhat fresh for me. Even though I don't necessarily have well-formed opinions about a lot of the topics that come up, I generally find myself nodding along (no, not nodding off!) the most when I'm reading posts by:

Briansnat

Criminal

Coyote Red

I absolutely love the fact that I'm not on ANYONE'S list. :D

You were on Trailgator's list up above, so don't feel bad :wacko:

I'm afraid to put anyone's name down, because then they'd probably disagree with me.

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

Because I've been suspended by them and I also agree with them most of the time :D

You do realize that Keystone and CYBret are the same person, right?

I tend to agree with folks that post intelligent, meaningful comments that support my views :D

That said - I have only ever had one "argument" on the forums - and that was when I was young and the topic went Waaaaaaay down the garden path....oh....and I was called a troll.

Otherwise, I actually tend to agree with most folks - which is odd, because it means I agree with folks that have differing opinions - I just don't share their opinions.

I date back to Krisandmel's day I think :wacko: Haven't heard the term "BBS" in a long while. I've been there, done that with forums too - and I have owned and maintained a forum on another subject for about 8 years so I've seen my fair share of board wars, cat fights, flame throwers and trolls.

By and large, forums can be a wealth of information - and sometimes "mythinformation" (pardon my lithp!) - and it usually doesn't take a seasoned forum veteran too terribly long to figure out who's who after reading a few posts.

And yes, sometimes meaning can be lost or misconstrued, particularly if the reader does not fully understand the sense of humour or the mindset of the poster. Sometimes something meant to be funny or sarcastic comes across as rude or insulting when it isn't meant to. I've seen a lot of miscommunications in my day too.

I'm new to this sport and these particular forums, so I haven't really made friends or enemies yet.

I read posts, and comment based on what I know. A good dose of common sense works well too. Since I'm a newb to the hobby, I do more reading than answering, but I'm not shy to chime in if I think I have something constructive to say.

So far, the posts I've read here, for the most part, are informative and humourous, and good-natured.

I'm comfy here :D

Jenn

Edited by JennM

You were on Trailgator's list up above, so don't feel bad :D

I'm afraid to put anyone's name down, because then they'd probably disagree with me.

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

Because I've been suspended by them and I also agree with them most of the time ;)

:wacko: Say it ain't so Joe!!! :D:yikes::wacko:

You were on Trailgator's list up above, so don't feel bad :yikes:

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

Because I've been suspended by them and I also agree with them most of the time :wacko:

Really? I did not know that :D Well, I guess that adds credibility to my list then eh?

I must be the real oddball here. I can't think of a single person that I "usually" agree with, or that I usually disagree with. Each person has said some things I would support and some I would disdain.

However, I have enjoyed every post a certain Weasel ever made.

Hmm... with whom do I agree most of the time? MadMarty comes to mind. :wacko:

I'm not sure which people I most often agree with, but I tend to more carefully read posts by:

Jeremy

Keystone

Briansnat (Nearly a full time job! :D )

ParentsOfSam

Snoogans

Auntie Weasel (Where HAS she been?)

Lep

Markwell

Sbell111

CoyoteRed

Renegade Knight

CarleenP

Edit: Added CarleenP!

Edited by Trinity's Crew

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

Because I've been suspended by them and I also agree with them most of the time :yikes:

Really? I did not know that :wacko: Well, I guess that adds credibility to my list then eh?

LOL!!! :wacko:

Don't believe everything you read in the forums!

Any tally on our popularity contest yet? Have we figured out who got voted for student body president?

It's only a popularity contest if you're not one of those cool enough to get named. :D:D:D Just kidding. No I wasn't![/colorOKAYYYY I really was kidding.

There is one person that wins my popularity contest. I always unfailingly AGREE with this person.....REALLY! If I know what's good for me. :D:D

Any tally on our popularity contest yet? Have we figured out who got voted for student body president?

It's only a popularity contest if you're not one of those cool enough to get named. :D:D:D Just kidding. No I wasn't![/colorOKAYYYY I really was kidding.

There is one person that wins my popularity contest. I always unfailingly AGREE with this person.....REALLY! If I know what's good for me. :D:D

Smart man!

Life will be so much easier that way. :D

When I grow up, I wanna be just like Auntie Weasel. :D

Seriously, she has had me rolling on the floor, gasping for breath, more times than I can remember. Her pithy, insightful comments are something that some day, I hope I can aspire to reach.

Not to mention, you just gotta love a weasel....

I don't think there is anyone I agree with all the time. There are however some that make me stop and think and it's those people I respect the most.

Briansnat. As he pointed out we disagree on some things and have had fun debates about them. Once we got to talking though, we discovered we agreed on the majority of things. I admire him a lot.

Keystone...aka..Lep. I prefer Lep over Keystone. Lep is a lot of fun. Keystone can cut to the bone with just a few words.

mtn-man. As his name indicates, he is rock solid and holds my respect.

Criminal. Well Criminal is just Criminal. He's a very up front and isn't afraid to state his mind. I think we share a lot in common.

Renegade Knight. He's a lot like Criminal, just more tactful.

CR. He's a combination of Criminal and RK.

CarleenP. The calm among us.

Markwell. I always pay attention to his posts.

There are many more but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

El Diablo

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

Because I've been suspended by them and I also agree with them most of the time :D

Really? I did not know that :D Well, I guess that adds credibility to my list then eh?

LOL!!! :D

Don't believe everything you read in the forums!

Do I have gullable written on my forehead today or something? :D

If anybody is curious, here is the tally so far. Numbers might not be 100% accurate, some posts were hard to decipher, especially when it came to Jeremy. Sorry if I misspelled your name btw. Number to the left of the name, is number of times appearing on some body's list thus far.

10 - Brainsnat

9 - Renegade Knight

7 - Criminal

7 - Auntie Weasel

7 - The Leprechauns

6 - Jeremy

6 - Coyote Red

6 - CarleenP

6 - Keystone

5 - Snoogans

4 - JamieZ

4 - Fizzymagic

4 - CYBret

3 - Tozainamboku

3 - Ambrosia

3 - Markwell

3 - Mnt Man

2 - sbell111

2 - Mopar

2 - Stunod

2 - ParentsofSAM

2 - Tailgators

1 - Miss Jenn

1 - Mitsuko

1 - ReadyorNot

1 - Captain Clorox

1 - Clan Riffster

1 - Kealia

1 - Cornerstone4

1 - Robertlipe

1 - sept1c_tank

1 - El Diablo

1 - The Alabama Rambler

1 - Kit Fox

1 - PigPen4x4

1 - Starbrand

1 - MadMarty

1 - CR

edit: typo

Edited by Woodlit

Just to note: CR is the same person as Coyote Red.

Well, following that logic, the "votes" for Keystone should be added to the votes for my CYBret account, thus putting me in a tie for first place. I do thank everyone for their kind words.

As a moderator, I of course agree the mostest with posts from :D Hydee :D

If anybody is curious, here is the tally so far. Numbers might not be 100% accurate, some posts were hard to decipher, especially when it came to Jeremy. Sorry if I misspelled your name btw. Number to the left of the name, is number of times appearing on some body's list thus far.

10 - Brainsnat

9 - Renegade Knight

7 - Criminal

7 - Auntie Weasel

7 - The Leprechauns

6 - Jeremy

6 - Coyote Red

6 - CarleenP

6 - Keystone

5 - Snoogans

4 - JamieZ

4 - Fizzymagic

4 - CYBret

3 - Tozainamboku

3 - Ambrosia

3 - Markwell

3 - Mnt Man

2 - sbell111

2 - Mopar

2 - Stunod

2 - ParentsofSAM

2 - Tailgators

1 - Miss Jenn

1 - Mitsuko

1 - ReadyorNot

1 - Captain Clorox

1 - Clan Riffster

1 - Kealia

1 - Cornerstone4

1 - Robertlipe

1 - sept1c_tank

1 - El Diablo

1 - The Alabama Rambler

1 - Kit Fox

1 - PigPen4x4

1 - Starbrand

1 - MadMarty

1 - CR

Great I am on no one's list. I think that's just because I am a teen.

Some very insightful posts.

I do want to clarify, though: I realize there's no one that you'd always agree with. You'd be a mindless automaton then, and these forums are full of free thinkers. (that's why I like it here! :D )

This is just to discuss the folks who seem to have similar thought processes as yourself.

No need to declare your individuality here. We all understand and appreciate your uniqueness!

I agree with most of the Power posters (markwell, sbell, briansnat, Crim, the weasel, TAR, Jeremy, Carleen, Snoogs, etc, etc, etc) but I am kind of suprised that embra hasn't popped up yet. While he generally lurks around in the equipment/software area helping folks out, I always perk up when he posts some help or tips to folks. He has helped me out many more time than I could ever repay. Mr. lipe is another fav. But I guess that has nothing to do with who I agree with, so...

nevermind.

and if I don't list the others, then they may feel left out:

RegKnight, Coyote, keystone, JamieZ, Ambrosia, Septic and the diablo...

and yes TAR may seem like a contradiction, but it is always good to come at problems from multiple directions. He always give me a fresh look at a topic.

To those that feel this thread is off topic:

Sometimes we just let threads like this run. Although it's less about geocaching than other threads we've closed, it's still a strong benefit to the geocaching community and thus it has been allowed to remain open.

Thanks folks

While some view this as a popularity contest, I hafta say you make the stronger point.

I find it extremely interesting to see who folks identify with when discussing geocaching issues.

I find it amazing that anyone would agree with me, because I'm just a sock puppet operated by Coyote Red. I tell ya. The man is a genius. :D

I will put:

Lep

Keystone

CyBret

:D

I always thought CYBret and carleenp were the same person...

The forums are amazingly interesting. I think the 80/20 rule applies twice over. We spend 80% of the time debating over the 20% of the things we disagree on. Of that 20% we are 80% in agreement but the focus is where we disagree. Angst gets our attention in a forum. Real life is different. Happy happy joy joy topics don’t get a lot of play. But in real life more than a few of us would share a beer and talk about adventures, great caches, and maybe even make light of all the forum angst. The formus are just a slice. Life is bigger than this.

Nobody is 100% for agreement, but I’ve come to respect every poster in this thread. Especially when we do disagree. It makes for good conversation and it’s about the only way to learn things. Some I wonder why we don’t agree more, and some I’m amazed we agree as often as we do. More than a few people in this thread can cause me to stop a scan of a topic and read their post.

Juggler and CR are two I’d like to thank for taking point on counterpoint patrol. Of the people who I’ve disagreed with the most or the hardest those two would get a firm handshake if we ever met. Then I’d give Sissy a hug just because. When I’m dense I’m really dense, and both take their time to explain however many times it takes, and in however many ways it takes.

I was going to make a list but I decided not to. I would likely forget to name people and I hate when that happens.

Generally I am very wishy washy. It is an occupational hazard. So in any given debate I often find myself agreeing with many different points, and if I post myself, it is often (but not always) pretty middle of the road or non-argumentative.

So, I agreee with many people. When I disagree with people, I still tend to enjoy reading what they have to say. Some of my favorites to read are those that I probably agree with the least.

So I guess just about everyone makes my list.

10 - Brainsnat

9 - Renegade Knight

7 - Criminal

7 - Auntie Weasel

7 - The Leprechauns

6 - Jeremy

6 - Coyote Red

6 - CarleenP

6 - Keystone

5 - Snoogans

4 - JamieZ

4 - Fizzymagic

4 - CYBret

3 - Tozainamboku

3 - Ambrosia

3 - Markwell

3 - Mnt Man

2 - sbell111

2 - Mopar

2 - Stunod

2 - ParentsofSAM

2 - Tailgators

1 - Miss Jenn

1 - Mitsuko

1 - ReadyorNot

1 - Captain Clorox

1 - Clan Riffster

1 - Kealia

1 - Cornerstone4

1 - Robertlipe

1 - sept1c_tank

1 - El Diablo

1 - The Alabama Rambler

1 - Kit Fox

1 - PigPen4x4

1 - Starbrand

1 - MadMarty

1 - CR

I'm amazed at how many well known sock puppets have made this list! :)

10 - Brainsnat

9 - Renegade Knight

7 - Criminal

7 - Auntie Weasel

7 - The Leprechauns

6 - Jeremy

6 - Coyote Red

6 - CarleenP

6 - Keystone

5 - Snoogans

4 - JamieZ

4 - Fizzymagic

4 - CYBret

3 - Tozainamboku

3 - Ambrosia

3 - Markwell

3 - Mnt Man

2 - sbell111

2 - Mopar

2 - Stunod

2 - ParentsofSAM

2 - Tailgators

1 - Miss Jenn

1 - Mitsuko

1 - ReadyorNot

1 - Captain Clorox

1 - Clan Riffster

1 - Kealia

1 - Cornerstone4

1 - Robertlipe

1 - sept1c_tank

1 - El Diablo

1 - The Alabama Rambler

1 - Kit Fox

1 - PigPen4x4

1 - Starbrand

1 - MadMarty

1 - CR

Wow, I didn't even make the list as a zero.

I think puree of humus tastes like the color red. Agree with that one! I figure I'm bound to achieve a negative number if I really try.

I'd like to be the Mtn-Man when I grow up.
mtn-man. As his name indicates, he is rock solid and holds my respect.
Oh my. You both get a geocoin!

Mtn-Man (Able to shoot down 5 paragraphs of carp with a single, well aimed sentence)
You sir... you get all three of my coins! ;) You might find a gold coin in your package too.

I haven't laughed that hard all week. Thanks. I needed that after a tough work week. :laughing:

I have to say I agree with carleenp in that making a list is tough. I agree with so many on different points.

I will say that I agree with the puppymonster the most. :P:) Hydee is a close second. :)

And no more coin awards of course.