Red Cross Geocoin

2bugs

We have a new coin in the works. All net proceeds will benefit the Mount Rainier Chapter of the American Red Cross. The coin is trackable and will have a distinctive icon. My question for this group is: Do you think $12 including domestic shipping is too much to ask considering the circumstances? We are debating if this price is too high and will discourage sales of all 200 coins but we would like to make as much money as possible for the chapter.

We also want to raise awareness that every cacher should get trained in first aid and CPR. You never know when this training could save a life, especially when you are on your own out in the woods looking for tupperware.

your comments are appreciated

1e312536-8661-4507-97a2-090e2c020710.jpg

I think you should sell them at different levels like......

$25 -- Platinum Buyer

$18 -- Gold Buyer

$12 -- Silver Buyer

$10 -- Bronze Buyer

Give each level a certificate saying they bought a coin at such & such level and thanks for you sponsorship....or something.

That way the people that want to donate the most can and the people that really just like the coin but can not afford the higher price can have one too.

Just a thought. :laughing:

Are they trackable?

From the OP:

"The coin is trackable and will have a distinctive icon."

Although I can see the confusion since the artwork doesn't reflect this.

Something to think about:

Make more coins (thus getting a price break on the coins) and sell them cheaper to make more money overall.

With all the coins coming out these days most folks are selective about what they will buy and this will allow more people to buy the coin resulting in more money for the Red Cross.

That is a great idea. we have official Red Cross Certificates at the chapter. I could easily print the buyers name on the certificate and send one with each coin bought at a level above $12. The certificates costs about seventy five cents or so plus additional postage but that would work

Chuck

$25 -- Platinum Buyer

$18 -- Gold Buyer

$12 -- Silver Buyer

$10 -- Bronze Buyer

Give each level a certificate saying they bought a coin at such & such level and thanks for you sponsorship....or something.

That way the people that want to donate the most can and the people that really just like the coin but can not afford the higher price can have one too.

Just a thought. :)

$25 -- Platinum Buyer

$18 -- Gold Buyer

$12 -- Silver Buyer

$10 -- Bronze Buyer

Just a thought. :D

That is an absolutely brilliant idea! Good thinking. I will have to remember that for if I am involved in anything similar!!

Did not get in on this discussion at the start...was busy with work and family issues. I would like to be included for at least 3 of these fine coins.

the final artwork was approved and the order placed on January 19th. the coins should arrive in late February. Thanks to all for the kind words

ed34cdda-8f2e-4216-a510-76a482625c84.jpg

I am in for 1 in each metal if you decide to make different metals. (If gold only, I will take three)

After all, the Red Cross was very very helpful to us after Katrina made a visit in our neighborhood.

Do you have any more info about size, metal, thickness, finishes? etc?

Thanks

Edited by OshnDoc

Regarding the questions about the Red Cross coin, it is 1 1/2", it will be trackable and the price will be $12. There will be 200 standard issue coins, of which 175 will be offered for sale and 25 kept for chapter use. The LE Metals (15 of each) will be available on eBay. All profits benefit the American Red Cross Mount Rainier Chapter. If you have questions I can be contacted at the chapter using this address: chammonds @ rainier-redcross.org. I will post the artwork for the icon tomorrow.

we plan to offer the first 5 standard coins on eBay before a general release in late February. I think it would be appropriate to honor the orders placed here before opening it up for sales to everyone. How does that sound?

Mr Bug aka Chuck Hammonds