Old lady called police on me!

I would suggest you contact the local constabulatory and make them aware of this hobby.

I would too suggest you speak with the D.T.O. (Departmental Training Officer) and have him review his training practice of permitting officers to shout "Stop or I will shoot... ?" :ph34r: That command is not currntly a phrase taught to officers whom are investigating a complaint... a complaint involving a public park.

(tsk tsk)

Education of our hobby is a good place to start.

At the edge of the park is one old house and its impossible to hide from the view of that house's windows.

I hate caches like this for the very problem you ran into. They're too close to where people live and I don't like looking over my shoulder for the cops. So I try to stay away from these and cache in the woods or in a park far from prying eyes. If I wind up in the first situation, I have often bailed out because I felt uncomfortable.

Whilst I dont personally have an affection for authority figures, and being told what to do, how to do it and when to do it, I dont personally see what the problem is that SOME seem to have with the police turning up, unless they are wanted criminal/s, or have just done something wrong (turned up to the cache in a stolen car, killed someone who was in the way of the cache etc)

If you simply explain why you are there, and what you are doing, then the liklihood of you not being persued whilst sneaking away, or driving off is a hell of a alot less!

My Aussie $0.02 (including GST)

Well it's a marvelous cache for a moonbat,

With the cache finder skulking outside.

And fantabulous posts which reveal that

The OP has a very thin hide.

My apologies to Van Morrison.

Love it. love it! LOVE IT! :D:ph34r::wub:

Mind if I add some?

Well it's a marvelous cache for a moonbat,

With the cache finder skulking outside.

And fantabulous posts which reveal that

The OP has a very thin hide.

Oh, the moonbat is stressing the staffing

And the bell of the 9-1-1 phone

And all the cops at the station are laughing

Cuz the bat’s reputation is known

But you inviiiiiiiiite trou-ble when you whisper and hush

And all your soooooooooft guilt-face seems to shine in your blush

Can I just offer some advice to you, OP

Can you chill out? You weren’t guilty. Don’t hide, OP

Well I wanna to make clear that it’s your right

To be wand’ring around in that park

And that you shouldn’t be ‘fraid to be forthright

To a cop, rent-a-guard or a narc

The idea of the brochure’s a good one

Keep one handy to quickly produce

Don’t misinterpret this thread as a big shun

To quit now there just ain’t no excuse

We’re really niiiiiiiiice people, and we hope that you’ll stay

And all the scoooooooooffing you’ve read shouldn’t turn you away

Can you give caching one more chance with you, OP?

Can you not let one wack moonbat beat you, OP?

Of course they are treated differently. One is scrawny, while the other is large. A large person is often perceived to be a greater threat than a smaller person. Through the perception of an increased threat level, the second person would probably be treated in a more guarded fashion. Or are you implying that Minnesota cops are a bunch of racists who would treat the second person differently than the first because they were a different shade of brown? If that's the case, then I feel really bad for anyone living there. Can anyone else from Minnesota confirm if your cops are a bunch of racists? Being a cop myself, (and subsequently knowing a whole chit load of other cops), I can tell you that the vast majority of us treat folks in accordance with their actions and their attitudes, not the degree of tannin present in their dermis.

Well we would like to think so.. but unfortunately racism is alive and well in the US. Not saying everyone.. but still a significent number. BTW glad to see you are a Cop and not a chemist. :ph34r:

I am Pinster56 and the owner of the now infamous cache in question. I have been having a good laugh at all the postings so far. NuttySquirrel is the first to have the Moonbat problem at this cache. If she did call the cops because of his caching presence there, I do understand his reaction, although it should be viewed more from the humorous side. Each week in our local paper my wife and I enjoy reading to each other the police logs in regards to our local "moonbat" calls. Every week it's something like, "Police receive call of man acting suspicious in yard at xx Street. Police report the man was the homeowner mowing his lawn." Always source of entertainment, but I do feel sorry for the poor cops who have to waste their time on these ridiculous calls. Much ado about nothing, IMHO. Kinda like Arlo Guthrie in the song "Alice's Restaurant" when he had to sit on the bench with the mother rapers and father rapers all because of throwing the garbage....

For anyone who has done this cache, it is actually a three stage multi, and it really surprises me is that it hasn't been the first two stages that should bring out the cops, since both stages require the cacher to poke around for clues in the local graveyard behind a church!

While caching myself, I have had only one "inquiry", which was by a burly security guard while looking for a micro hidden at a bus station. After I explained my strange behavior, he joined in the hunt and we looked for it together. Turned out to be a good time.

Edited by Pinster56

...... For anyone who has done this cache, it is actually a three stage multi, and it really surprises me is that it hasn't been the first two stages that should bring out the cops, since both stages require the cacher to poke around for clues in the local graveyard behind a church!

Graveyard searches are easy to explain... you are looking for the grave site of a long lost relative.. named "Smith" or "Jones or whatever..

The one and only time I've had a LEO encounter I had just found a micro hidden on the back side of a "Road Closed" sign on a Dead End street and was walking back to my car to sign the log since I forgot to get a pen out of my backpack before looking.

As he rolled in I walked straight over to him and greeted him with a smile. He asked why I was loitering around. I handed him the cache and showed him my GPS and gave a brief explanation of Geocaching. He said that he'd heard of it but didn't know much about it. We chit-chatted for just a bit and got a call and left.

Mission accomplished!! :D

Stealthness at it's best!

Probably the only time in my life (hopefully!) that I used a Search & Stealth activity like Geocaching to cover for something else!! :ph34r:

The car I was in was one that I had just got running for my dad, after being broken down for months, and it had an expired tag and no insurance!! ^_^

WHEW! I was more nervous that he'd run the tag than what he thought I was doing hanging out by myself at the end of a dead end street!! :D

D-man :wub: