EasyGPS vs GSAK

waterbucks

Hi, I got a Garmin 60CSx for christmas. I downloaded the EasyGPS but noticed there is no info on the cache. I don't have the details the hider posted. I would like to be able to have the info on my computer so I can take my computer with me and know if I'm looking for something overhead or something in a bog and need hip waders etc... Does GSAK offer this ability?

Which program is most popular and has the least headaches?

And do they work differently with the maps on the screen?

Any info on this type of software is appreciated.

In this crowd, GSAK is probably the most popular.

EasyGPS isn't really a geocaching-specific program, so it doesn't offer geocaching-specific functions like the long description or hint. EasyGPS does have a commercial big brother called GeoBuddy that is a caching program.

Neither of them are mapping products.

At least two of the three are free to try. I'm not certain about Geobuddy.

In this crowd, GSAK is probably the most popular.

EasyGPS isn't really a geocaching-specific program, so it doesn't offer geocaching-specific functions like the long description or hint.

Does that mean that GSAK does offer the long description? Because it doesn't show that in the sample page. If it does offer that - that is what I'm looking for.

This is an example of a local cache on the screen of my 60CSx as installed from GSAK. One click to install the info for up to 1000 caches.

I have it set up to show: GC#### - Type/Size - Cache/Terrain (Difficulty) - TB? - Last 4 attempts - Date of Last Find. You have the option to load your choice of info.

One more click to download unlimited numbers of cache pages in their entirerty from GSAK to your PDA or PPC.

1d3e73e4-8de3-4ef4-8489-8f4c49089116.jpg

This is an example of a local cache on the screen of my 60CSx as installed from GSAK. One click to install the info for up to 1000 caches.

I have it set up to show: GC#### - Type/Size - Cache/Terrain (Difficulty) - TB? - Last 4 attempts - Date of Last Find. You have the option to load your choice of info.

One more click to download unlimited numbers of cache pages in their entirerty from GSAK to your PDA or PPC.

Thanks for the visual!

Quoddy, How did you set up GSAK to display that info in your GPS notes??

For loading waypoints into my GPS. EasyGPS is..well, easy. I use it for that single task and it does it well.

GSAK I use to aggragate all my finds into one larger GPX file. It does much more than that the only other thing I use it for is as an interface for GPSbable to tranlate GPX files into topo waypoint files on occasion. What I found is that for the task of loading waypoints into my GPS GSAK makes the process more complicated than I'd like it.

For me, both have their place.

Hello all, I have just purchased a Garmin 60csx and want to start downloading waypoints directly to it. I have been using GSAK for a few months basically to just load cache info in my PDA. I have been reading about EasyGPS and how easy it is to download waypoints so I thought that it might be the easier option for loading a few (e.g. 10-20) caches onto my GPS.

Whenever I click "DOWNLOAD WAYPOINTS" on GC.com, I get asked if I want to open or save the file, however it is defaulting to GSAK and not EasyGPS.

I haven't figured out how to get from A to B with GSAK yet, so was hoping to just use EasyGPS to quickly download waypoints. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks