2007 Pay It Forward Geocoins

pay_it_forward

:laughing: Yeah the coins have arrived from the Mint and they look even better than the sample coins. I have shipped the first batch today and will be shipping more in the days to come.

To those that have been nominated (Yeah I know you don't know who you are) please know that you have received this coin because your peers in this community wanted to recognise your contribution to not only the geocaching community but the world.

To those that have agreed to hide a coin for a nominee, thank you this project could get no where without you, and for that reason I have included a surprise in each package as my way of saying thank you for being part of the team.

For those that have not seen them, here is what I am talking about.

PIF_Sample.jpg

A limited number are still available, so if you know of someone that contributes to the community please email me the details.

L&L

PIF

PM sent....if you need more info let me know

Hundreds of coins are now jetting their way around the world we have had nominations from most of the contents on the planet. Our Elves have worked tirelessly to check Santa's Knotty and Nice list and cross check that data with Interpol to make sure that the people nominated do in fact pay it forward. So far we have not had to say NO to anyone nominated.

Are You nominated, well lets see the list... Sorry I have an elf giving me the evil eye I guess you will just have to wait and see like everyone else :D

I must say that through this whole project I do find it so heart warming how many people there are out there that already Pay It Forward on a regular basis.

Also you should know that the coins for 2008, 2009 and 2010 have already been ordered so if you are not paying it forward now, is a great time to start.

Love and Light

PIF

If these are meant for those people who truly make a difference, then I would hang on to the remaining ones and send/hand them out as new mentors/heroes/do gooders come along. Putting them in caches for random people to pick up seems to lessen how precious this idea is.

Would the geocoin fairy agree with that idea?

For more information about this project see: This Thread

If I've nominated someone, and indeed already placed the personal cache out for him or her, will he or she know I was involved? How will I know when he or she gets notified of the surprise waiting?

BTW - thanks for the surprise in the package. Waiting for an appropriately auspicious occasion to use it. :blink:

I set up a mini party to present OhJoy! her coin rather than hide it.

Got a Thank You card and contacted many local cachers ahead of time to sign it. Made a cache for her and folks pitched in goodies and coins. It made the whole thing more personal and from "all of us" who enjoy what she does for the caching community.

So yes, she has her coin :huh:

I hid one for a local cacher last week, and knowing he doesn't check his email all that often, I called him to ask about a previous email I sent to him. He finally saw the email and since he didn't have his GPS with him he asked if he could use ours, so we went out in the rain and found the coin together. He's still clueless about how he got it, or what to do with it! But he plans to read up and decide what the best plan of action is.

My husband was also nominated for one, we don't know who by, but think it has more to do with his volunteering outside of geocaching, with children who have or have had cancer, since he himself is a 3 time survivor. He asked me where to reply, so his thank you is here.

Got a Thank You card and contacted many local cachers ahead of time to sign it. Made a cache for her and folks pitched in goodies and coins. It made the whole thing more personal and from "all of us" who enjoy what she does for the caching community.

So yes, she has her coin <_<

Glad to hear she received one! She was the first person I thought of when these came out and I've never even had the pleasure of meeting her! You can just tell she does ALOT for the geocaching community around here!!

So yes, she has her coin <_<

Glad to hear she received one! She was the first person I thought of when these came out and I've never even had the pleasure of meeting her! You can just tell she does ALOT for the geocaching community around here!!

Yes, I agree. So, now is this cache open for hunting?

So yes, she has her coin :blink:

Yes, I agree. So, now is this cache open for hunting?

She took the cache we gave her and did place it here; Pay It Forward, Olympia. But had to pull it down about an hour ago for police activity. <_<

I'm quite certain its nothing to do with the cache, so no need to panic folks. :(

edit: just a note to say if I had been able to get it all arranged with lots of lead time, her party would have been a full on GC event. But she was headed to volunteer in Mississippi for Katrina related assistance. So was forced to rush things a bit since it was better to do it before the holidays it was decided. And I'd like to give a huge Thank You to PIF for sending a sample coin to present OhJoy! since in the rush to get this to her pre-holiday, the regular coins were not available yet. The sample was sent back and her regular one came later.

Edited by mudsneaker

I still have about 50 of the 2007 coins left, if you have anyone you would like to nominate please do so, or I will start dropping them in caches around the world.

L&L

PIF

Hang on to them for their purpose. Putting them in random caches would both defeat the purpose, and devalue them for those who did get nominated and earned them. My two cents.

The last batch of coins is bundled up and ready to go out, if you have someone to nominate now is your last chance for the 2007 coins.

Nominations for the 2008 coins (yes they are different) will begin in November, with coins shipping In Jan.

I do have a question for those that hid the coins, is there anything about the process we can make easier or better for next year?

Love and Light

PIF

Edited by pay_it_forward

I still have about 50 of the 2007 coins left, if you have anyone you would like to nominate please do so, or I will start dropping them in caches around the world.

L&L

PIF

Hang on to them for their purpose. Putting them in random caches would both defeat the purpose, and devalue them for those who did get nominated and earned them. My two cents.

Don't worry the remaining coins will stay here so that if I get contacted throughout the year I can fire one out.

L&L

PIF

I do have a question for those that hid the coins, is there anything about the process we can make easier or better for next year?

Love and Light

PIF

I would say add confirming that the email was sent to the recipient, or perhaps bcc the hider in the finders email so that they know they were alerted. This is great if you want to catch them finding it on camera, and also because not everyone checks their email all the time, so the hider can come up with a way to let them know to check their email.

WOW!!! :wub: My biggest thanks to Pay It Forward, I was lucky enough to have one of these truely beautiful coins left for me :wub:

In the spirit of the coin I will be releasing it here in New Zealand to be shared with my fellow Kiwi's :rolleyes: (As I understand this is only PIF coin here). The coins mission will be in the true spirit of Pay It Forward.

Chelmo's Pay It Forward Geocoin

Once again Many Thanks :wub::wub::D:D:D

Mark (Elmo)

Oh I forgot to add, the hider placed the PIF cache/coin before the HUGE snowstorm we had on the 15th. Even though the coin was only about 10 or 15 feet from a plowed road I had a terrible time getting to it and finding it. One of my caching friends went with me and had to pull me (not my car) out of a snowbank because I got stuck and couldn't move. It was great fun though when we found it!!

Can I nominate myself?

Last time I looked, you hadn't done anything to help the community QJ. :P

If there are still coins for nominations, I would nominate WildWigglyBeanz for their cache placements, webstore, and event hostings. Also Scruffster, as the leader of the BCGA, and hoster of many events.

GT

Edited to add second nominee.

Edited by general_tupperware

My two nominees found their coins today, and both really appreciated the surprise! Thanks so much for helping people find a way to say Thanks to others who really do make a difference in their lives, and may never even know it! This is a wonderful project!! I hope you were nominated by a lot of cachers!!! lol

Hi,

I just had to tell a small story. I didn't get one of these coins but I wasn't sure where else to write this but it does relate to the mission.

I won't mention the person here because I don't want to embarrass him. I received a small package in the mail today and when I saw who it was from, I knew what I was receiving. So driving down the road, I'm opening up the package and a coin falls out in addition to the expected item. I was wondering if I had won a contest that I forgot about (chat room....lol). Anyhow, I couldn't think of anything, I tossed it back in the envelope and forgot about it while I ran my errands. When I got home, I took out the coin to look at it (a Hogwild traveler w/ keychain). That's when I saw a little piece of paper for the Random Acts of Kindness and the web address for the PIF mission. Now I'm not really a baby but I have to admit besides the smile it put on my face, it actually made me shed a few tears. I guess I was just really touched that someone thought I deserved a Random Act of Kindness. I thought about setting it loose but that little coin keychain means alot to me and I plan on attaching it to my keys as a reminder of the positive things, no matter how small, that happen in life.

One more thing, this person also helped me find someone who could make one of my geocoin dreams come true (a coin I have lusted after for a long time....lol). They actually sought this person out and talked to them for me, so I could make a trade for it.

2 wonderful things from my geoangel :) May you be blessed 10 fold.

tsunrisebey

Edited by tsunrisebey