Fox & the Hound's "Thanksgiving" Coin Contest '07

fox-and-the-hound

Cachers...start your engines!!!

That's right, it's another coin contest <_< This past year has been very good to our families and caching has been a big part of it. While I spent Thanksgiving thinking of all the goods things that have transpired this past year I thought I should do something to celebrate. I've enjoyed designing so many coins this last year and even more so that fellow cachers have been enjoying them as well. So I'm giving away a large collection of the "Mackey Made It" coins as a big Thank You to the many of you who have supported these projects.

Any coin I've designed (or helped design) that is activated and released after January 1st to travel is eligible to win the prize on Thanksgiving Day 2007. These coins include the Fox & the Hound, First to Find (geocoinstore), Last Cache of the Day (August GCC "Beer Mug" coin), any 5-Star Terrain Coin (geocoinstore), Cache Critters (geocoinstore), The Original Masters of Cache (October GCC "Dragon" coin), Night Caching (October Geoswag Coin and Pin Club), Crowesfeat30 personal coin (geocoinstore), Cache is King (geocoinstore), Merry Christmas Santa geocoin/ornament (geocoinstore) and Tempting the Fates (geocoinstore) coins. Any future Mackey Made It coin is also eligible for the contest (I'll keep adding them as we move forward into the year) provided it is released and travels before 12:01am Thanksgiving morning this year (2007).

JuneHoard.jpg

The prize will include all the coins pictured here (plus more that haven't been released to the public yet) and will include a number of Artist Edition coins that were never available before! The final pot should be over 20 coins!!! There will also be some great runner-up prizes so get out there and put some coins in caches for your chance to win. Winners will be determined by total number of miles traveled. Coins must be actual coins and not facsimile coins to be eligible.

So thank you to everyone who has taken part in the coin projects we've been so priviledged to be involved with this year. Thank you to those who have released and/or shared these coins with their fellow cachers everywhere. Thank you to everyone who continue to release coins everyday for others to enjoy. :tired:

Get to activating and placing those coins... "The Chase Is On" :laughing:

Edited by Eartha

Sorry, mailing coins won't count for mileage in this contest. All coins will be need to be carried in hand. They can even be carried in hand by yourself (as long as you're sharing them with other cachers while you travel <_< ). So if you have a tripped planned anytime soon (nudge, nudge... wink, wink) and you like to share your coins, just activate them to get them into the contest and don't forget to log them into a local cache! The whole idea is to get some coins out there and share them with the community :tired:

I don't know how anyone could enforce the no mailing rule so I'll just have to rely on honesty. I believe in the community though so I think it will be just fine :D That being said, a coin will not be ineligible if it gets mailed. I wouldn't want to discourage sharing a coin in any form! :laughing: By that I mean it may be mailed at any time either to start it traveling, return it to traveling, muggle recovery, etc. The miles by mail just wouldn't add to the total mileage of the coin for the sake of the contest.

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Oooh, I'm gonna have to activate some more one of my crow coins and get them out there. Too bad it is coins activated after the first of the year. I sent four of my activated coins to Australia. But that was last year. Boo.

CF30

P.S. Love seeing my coin in your bunch o coins!! :laughing:

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Ha ha! We have two significant trips coming up in the next 6 weeks. I have a fist full of coins that will qualify for this contest ready to go!

Yes its a shame that we send the Crowsfeat30 coins out on their travels already!

ah, I have a cunning plan that cannot fail......

If your CF30 coins were activated after New Year's Day then they can still be entered in the contest. Any qualifying coin with a release date after 1/1/07 has a chance to win. :huh:

Any coin I've designed (or helped design) that is activated and released after January 1st to travel is eligible to win the prize on Thanksgiving Day 2007. These coins include the Fox & the Hound, First to Find (geocoinstore), Last Cache of the Day (August GCC "Beer Mug" coin), any 5-Star Terrain Coin (geocoinstore), Cache Critters (geocoinstore), The Original Masters of Cache (October GCC "Dragon" coin), Night Caching (October Geoswag Coin and Pin Club), Crowesfeat30 personal coin (geocoinstore), Cache is King (geocoinstore), Merry Christmas Santa geocoin/ornament (geocoinstore) and Tempting the Fates

Chris, you helped us significantly with out first geocoin would you like one of ours to add to the pot? It would probably be the only non trackable one in there :huh:

Chris,

What a very cool idea! At the rate you design coins and the length of the contest run, I would think there will be close to 25-30 coins when all is said and done. Unless of course other coins such as the untrackable signature coins that are being donated to the pot continues!

Good job and good luck with the contest! Now... where did I put that Cache Critter? I need to get them moving! :huh:

Well it's been a couple weeks so I gave the ol' cauldron o' coins a stir to keep it fresh tonight. :blink: Suddenly it began to rumble and hiss with a great clatter! It frothed and bubbled and with a mighty metalic belch the hoard had suddenly grown quite a bit larger :blink: The latest picture of the Hoard is here for your viewing. Don't let the lighting fool you, there are no two of the same kind, but instead are multiple metals, collectors and travelers, Artist Editions and new arrivals. So join in the fun and set some of your loose for your chance to take home The Hoard this holiday season. Check the first post for the rules and get'm moving for your chance to win! :D

TheHoard3.jpg

Well it's been a couple weeks so I gave the ol' cauldron o' coins a stir to keep it fresh tonight. :blink: Suddenly it began to rumble and hiss with a great clatter! It frothed and bubbled and with a mighty metalic belch the hoard had suddenly grown quite a bit larger :blink: The latest picture of the Hoard is here for your viewing. Don't let the lighting fool you, there are no two of the same kind, but instead are multiple metals, collectors and travelers, Artist Editions and new arrivals. So join in the fun and set some of your loose for your chance to take home The Hoard this holiday season. Check the first post for the rules and get'm moving for your chance to win! :D

TheHoard3.jpg

That is one sweet pot!!!

Is there somewhere to register activation of a Mackey coin as we go (other than the obvious), or just a posting towards the end of the year. Just to add some friendly (hopefully) rivalry. Most of my qualifying coins I activated and released last year, but just about to set #2 off and about. Ah just checking - this maybe the first this year :-(

Do miles travelled count or just total coins out there ?

Thanks

Sue

Is there somewhere to register activation of a Mackey coin as we go (other than the obvious), or just a posting towards the end of the year. Just to add some friendly (hopefully) rivalry. Most of my qualifying coins I activated and released last year, but just about to set #2 off and about. Ah just checking - this maybe the first this year :-(

Do miles travelled count or just total coins out there ?

Thanks

Sue

I think the easiest solution will be to just start building a list in this thread as the holiday draws closer. The total mileage of an individual coin counts for the grand prize. There will be RUNNER UP PRIZES for Most Released, Most Logs (Discovereds and Found Its) from other Cachers, Best Log Entry (most comedic or entertaining to be determined by Fox, Moun10Girl and myself) and maybe a couple more categories before too long.

We've seen coins travel farther in two weeks than in two years so it's never too late to get some out there into caches. There are at least a half dozen more designs coming out soon and the list of qualifying coins is growing all the time. These now include Moun10Girl personal, the new Round Tuits, the MWGB Bridge Coin, the Retro Hypnocoin (GCC Feb.) and any of the other 12 coins currently available at geocoinstore.com like the Crowesfeat30, 5star Terrain and Cache Critters coins. The hoard will continue to grow right up to teh holiday so I can only imagine what (and how many) might be included by then :rolleyes:

So get out there at Tempt the Fates by setting loose a coin to travel today. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I wonder if he is going to post a notice like most contest that relatives and "employees" He doesn't have any that I know of will be excluded...I have purchased every coin he has designed but since I am "mom" he may not let me enter :huh: Oh well, I will still enjoy reading all the psots and hearing about all the travels of each persons coin, maybe I'll help come up with more ideas for prize catagories Edited by Frozen Buns

:D Your chance to get in to win has never been better! Geocoinstore.com has just moved a bunch of my older designs to the bargain bin. Cacher Critters for $4.25 trackable with custom icon!!! :huh: 5 Star Terrain Coins and Dear Santa coins have all got to go to make room for new designs coming up for the summer. Here's your chance to get them for putting in caches, activating and getting in the race for The Hoard or just trading with your friends. Every coin activated and sent loose is an entry for your chance to win the hoard. :D Don't forget there will be runner up prizes for various feats of coin infamy ;) So get'm while you can, set'm loose and stake your chance to win. :lol:

Don't forget to check in at post #1 to see the current size of The Hoard and to check out the rules.

:o Your chance to get in to win has never been better! Geocoinstore.com has just moved a bunch of my older designs to the bargain bin. Cacher Critters for $4.25 trackable with custom icon!!! :blink: 5 Star Terrain Coins and Dear Santa coins have all got to go to make room for new designs coming up for the summer. Here's your chance to get them for putting in caches, activating and getting in the race for The Hoard or just trading with your friends. Every coin activated and sent loose is an entry for your chance to win the hoard. ;) Don't forget there will be runner up prizes for various feats of coin infamy :o So get'm while you can, set'm loose and stake your chance to win. :D

Don't forget to check in at post #1 to see the current size of The Hoard and to check out the rules.

Three more coins sent out to join the race for miles :D

Silly me, I can't believe that I never read this until today!!!! I send all of my coins out to travel. I will just have to send a few more of yours out!! I wonder if any of those coins I gave to an other cacher who wanted to set some free in Australia where any of yours and when I activated them........... I guess I will have to check on that!!! (Oh they wouldn't count because I mailed them to him :o I will have to see if he has left yet, maybe I can make a quick hand delivery :blink: . Thanks for the contest!!

Silly me, I can't believe that I never read this until today!!!! I send all of my coins out to travel. I will just have to send a few more of yours out!! I wonder if any of those coins I gave to an other cacher who wanted to set some free in Australia where any of yours and when I activated them........... I guess I will have to check on that!!! (Oh they wouldn't count because I mailed them to him ;) I will have to see if he has left yet, maybe I can make a quick hand delivery :sad: . Thanks for the contest!!

They're still good for the contest!!! ;) According to the rules, any mileage accrued not counting "mileage-by-mailing" is still applicable for the contest. I included this for just this kind of thing and in the event a coin was mailed during the year back to an owner to be released, returned by muggle, etc. If your coin travels by mail at anytime during the contest, just subtract the mileage accrued by mailing and keep it traveling for you chance to win. :huh: (Subtraction isn't possible through the website, but that's why I said we'd have to rely on the honesty factor to make it work. Just subtract your mail-mileage at the end from the final mileage reached by Thanksgiving when you post back here.)

Looks like Moun10girl and my 5-star kayakcoin will be coming to Belize ;) I'm glad you bumped this thread up.

tsun ;)

Edit: How are you keeping track of which coins are in the contest? Do we submit everything to you at the end of the contest (pass on links)? I'm not too clear on this part.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Edit: How are you keeping track of which coins are in the contest? Do we submit everything to you at the end of the contest (pass on links)? I'm not too clear on this part.

tsun

I'll post a general alert and keep updating it as we approach the fall season. We'll post them here similar to the "non-angst mileage" thread :laughing:

Anybody wanting in on this contest on the ulta-cheap can find the 06 xmas coins in the geocoinstore bargain bin right now for only $4!

Sorry for the long delay in updating the photos folks, but we're back on track! I've added a little over a dozen new coins to the main pot. TeamLegend4, TUITs, GeoPoker Challenge Markers, Java Junky Caching and more! :oI know some may be apprehensive about joining late so we'll have a random drawing from all the entries to win some coins, too. So it's never to late to get in on the fun. If all goes well we should have well over 50 coins in "The Hoard" and 30 or more additional coins for the alternate categories :ph34r:

new photo at post #1

Dont forget the alternate categories in post #23 :D

Sorry for the long delay in updating the photos folks, but we're back on track! I've added a little over a dozen new coins to the main pot. TeamLegend4, TUITs, GeoPoker Challenge Markers, Java Junky Caching and more! :lol:I know some may be apprehensive about joining late so we'll have a random drawing from all the entries to win some coins, too. So it's never to late to get in on the fun. If all goes well we should have well over 50 coins in "The Hoard" and 30 or more additional coins for the alternate categories :sad:

new photo at post #1

Dont forget the alternate categories in post #23 ;)

We're coming close now to the big day! More coins are now eligible, too. The new Team A.C.E. coins, the MWGB Bridge coins, MWGB Event coins, MWGB Poker Marker coins, the Path Tag Sherpas and a few more new coins to be announced in the next few weeks!!! Don't forget there are Alternate Cointest Categories including Best Coin Log, Most Exchanges and more (post #23). Now's a good time to start looking over your traveling (Mackey Made It) coins and keeping a close eye. We've still more coins being added (ALREADY 53+ in the main pot including never before seen AEs) as we draw close to Thanksgiving '07 and the big Hoard Giveaway :D

Heres the ones I have released!

First to find~Was a FTF prize and the finders had me activate it and set its goal to place new caches with!!!

Crowsfeat30

Tempting the fates

I have also Gifted:

2 Cache critters- One as gift for the hider who got bit by a snake placing a cache on my behalf...He has yet to find it.

2 Cache is King- One was the recievers first Geocoin and chosen by me as one of my favorites when I started, other is still sitting in a unlisted cache as FTF.

1 Merry Christmas Ornament-Blue-to complete a young little guys set he was so proud of.

1 5Star Kayaking gifted to the guy I go Kayaching with.

2 Tempting the fates-1 to my Mamma who saw it and sent me a pic of how cool it was...Little did she know~I had 4 of em! and 1 as FTF in a cache at a gravesite.

I think my favorites are the Masters of cache...This was my very first Geocoin ever owned!...Bought it off ebay shortly after discovering caching. Tempting the fates, and FTF...I just love the eyes peering through the leaves!

Edited by 007BigD

Silly me, I can't believe that I never read this until today!!!!

And I just found out about this one today :D

But good luck to everyone in the game

Edit: By the way,what date is ThanksGiving? Nov 22?

In that case I still have a chance to join. I can´t win any of the grand prices but it would be fun to take part anyway.

Let me know if someone is interested to make a trade with me (as I have none of the fox-and-the-hound coins)

I released 2 coins today at an event in NC (not in person though)

Edited by Solan109

Looks like you're the lead for the Most Released Category :mad: Good job!

Silly me, I can't believe that I never read this until today!!!!

And I just found out about this one today :)

But good luck to everyone in the game

Edit: By the way,what date is ThanksGiving? Nov 22?

In that case I still have a chance to join. I can´t win any of the grand prices but it would be fun to take part anyway.

Let me know if someone is interested to make a trade with me (as I have none of the fox-and-the-hound coins)

I released 2 coins today at an event in NC (not in person though)

PM me and I will trade, just let me know if you have a preference of his coins:)

I have seen coins travel thousands of miles in a few weeks.

I put a cute note on mine and folks are really doing a great job racking up the miles:)

Wow, I thought I had a bunch traveling but you have me beat hands down:) Good Luck