Famous Cachers!

Donmoore

I was thinking about this the other day. i don't know why either so don't ask.

So do you know anyone with any celebrity who caches? The lowest conntection should be local commercial radio or TV after that feel free to go right to the A list.

Me i don't know any. So how about this for a caching resolution.. if you don't know anyone famous try this year to make at least one new famous cacher.

Oh go on you know you want to! :laughing:

After reading the other thread it looks like the Roving Rangies are winning at the moment - as they have been on telly and are cachers as well........ :laughing:

......have to confess that as I have no interest in Range Rovers and don't have Sky telly I haven't heard of them though. Sorry guys! <_<

The bloke out of Star Trek is Wil Wheaton who played Wesley Crusher, he was the reason we started Geocaching.

... and he's a cacher?

Excellent.

Not sure if he caches anymore though but he did.... interview the force.net

Did a bit of digging and Wil Wheaton last visited the GC.COM site on 5th Dec 2006 having joined in 2002. Hasn't done a lot of caches though.

His profile

Oss!

A number of caches in the London area were logged by this person before Christmas, but I don't know if it is the same Alison Lapper (artist) whose statue is in Trafalgar Square or not.
As one log says she found a cache on the way back from the Bedford half marathon, possibly not? Unless she was cheering folks on, in a support role, or taking part in a race for the disabled - which I don't think the Bedford run has. I could be wrong though...

As one log says she found a cache on the way back from the Bedford half marathon, possibly not? Unless she was cheering folks on, in a support role, or taking part in a race for the disabled - which I don't think the Bedford run has. I could be wrong though...

Yes you're wrong. We did two geocaches "Steganocache - GCN72P" and "St James Round the Bend - GCJC3B" on March 19th 2006 having both run in the Forest of Dean Half Marathon that morning. It all depends on how fit you are. :D

Yes you're wrong. We did two geocaches "Steganocache - GCN72P" and "St James Round the Bend - GCJC3B" on March 19th 2006 having both run in the Forest of Dean Half Marathon that morning. It all depends on how fit you are. :D

In what way is Paul wrong? He's not saying that the cacher 'Alison Lapper' couldn't run a marathon, I think he is trying to discount that she isn't the artist? Now I could be wrong, but you are now the person to clear this up. Is it the artist or someone using the name to cache under?

This person may well become famous of some sort, then many Scottish cachers can claim to know a famous person who caches.

In what way is Paul wrong? He's not saying that the cacher 'Alison Lapper' couldn't run a marathon, I think he is trying to discount that she isn't the artist? Now I could be wrong, but you are now the person to clear this up. Is it the artist or someone using the name to cache under?

This person may well become famous of some sort, then many Scottish cachers can claim to know a famous person who caches.

I thought he meant that she couldn't do a cache after having run a half marathon (assuming exhaustion) . She may well be famous I don't know? :D

The artist of the same name has a considerable disability. Being a regular reader of "the disabled press" I have never seen the artist reported as being an athlete; but she could be for all I know. Somehow, I don't think so, but I really don't know.

I guess we'll have to wait for someone to bump into the cacher of the same name to discover if it is one and the same person or not.

A number of caches in the London area were logged by this person before Christmas, but I don't know if it is the same Alison Lapper (artist) whose statue is in Trafalgar Square or not.

Well errrm, yes, if she said, on the way back from taking part in the half marathon ... I go to Wimbledon most years, but I do nothing but spectate! Oh, I do some essential elbow exercises too, usually with a glass of Pimms! :grin::grin::unsure:

You may well be right though ... however, if it is not one and the same person, what an odd name to choose to cache by!

I took the straight forward step and emailed Alison Lapper - the cacher. She is not the artist.

Oss!