Found Camera

briansnat

I found a digital camera on Sunday in Ramapo Mtn State Forest not far from the new Weathernowcast cache on Skyline Drive. I doubt it was a geocacher because there were no logs for that day on the cache, but perhaps somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who lost a camera.

Judging from the photos the owners are a 30 something family with a toddler and a boy of about 7 and they hiked recently at a Nature Conservancy preserve in CT. They are ATVers (yuk) and big Jets fans (even yukier).

Hey, on second thought maybe I'll keep this. Serves those ATVing Jets fans right.

Maybe post a pic see if anyone recognizes them?

Any subtle forms of ID, like plate on a vehicle or maybe a registration sticker on the ATV?

Yep, there was a license plate in the background of one photo that I was able to zoom in enough to read. I was thinking of calling the state police. I need to get USB cable for the camera in order to upload photos though. Its not the standard fitting.

Or use a card reader (assuming it has a removable data card)

Duh why didn't I think of that? :laughing:

OK, I downloaded the pix and it looks like they are geocachers - or at least know geocachers. I think that these geocaching photos might have been taken at the Poquetanuck Cove Preserve in CT since Christmas. Anybody know of a ammo box cache there? If they logged online I'd have a point of contact.

9a8c065f-eaa7-4782-abab-435c0f57bd00.jpg

80ed7e0c-7af6-4e4b-af55-a240fea9d0eb.jpg

I suspect these are of the owners of the camera. The bottom photo was likely taken the day the camera was lost, as it was taken in RMSF.

32bb3f1c-1846-4552-8390-19cf7436299a.jpg

de78b9a3-23dd-4f0b-9b6f-f44e95ea6d79.jpg

Anybody look familiar??

Edited by briansnat

It's gotta be someone in that group. Here's one of the logs on a cache they did:

December 26, 2006 by NJVelociraptor (7 found)

We found it and took a great picture with the whole family (17 of us)! Really fun.

Though I only count 15 plus the photographer, that's gotta be it.

If you find them, ask them where they were in that last picture. That stone building looks very interesting.

That is the water tower between the Lakeview cache and my Castle Point cache. There were several photos taken there and at Castle Point.

Who logged the Lakeview Cache the day you found the camera, that is the tower at Lakeview.

Nobody had logged the Ramapo caches near where I found the camera on that day. Not even the paper logs. That's why I ruled out geocachers at first.

Judging from the photos the owners are a 30 something family with a toddler and a boy of about 7 and they hiked recently at a Nature Conservancy preserve in CT. They are ATVers (yuk) and big Jets fans (even yukier).

for a second there I got excited since I'm a 30 something family with a 5 year old boy and recently lost my camera, but have no idea how it would have ended up in Connecticut.

Glad you found them. I'll be they'll be thankful.

I don't watch the news or read the newspaper anymore because all they ever report on is people being killed, raped, kidnapped, houses burning, etc. But this, now this is a good story. I'm glad to hear everything worked out well, and i think i'll have a drink to that. Cheers :)

I don't watch the news or read the newspaper anymore because all they ever report on is people being killed, raped, kidnapped, houses burning, etc. But this, now this is a good story. I'm glad to hear everything worked out well, and i think i'll have a drink to that. Cheers :D

Now how do you know when the owner comes to pick up the camera he isn't going to rape or kidnap me?

I don't watch the news or read the newspaper anymore because all they ever report on is people being killed, raped, kidnapped, houses burning, etc. But this, now this is a good story. I'm glad to hear everything worked out well, and i think i'll have a drink to that. Cheers :D

Now how do you know when the owner comes to pick up the camera he isn't going to rape or kidnap me?

We're willing to take that chance.

42.gif