Travel Bug data in pocket queries, Travel Bug data in pocket queries

shadowjig

I think it would be nice to have the goal for each TB included in pocket query data. Not all goals for all TBs, but goals for TB's in caches returned by your query. I use Cachemate and it would be nice to see the goal for each TB in a cache, so I can decide to take it or not.

What does everyone think?

I think Im really glad that there is a limit to the length of a title in this forum <_<

Sorry, not sure what happened there.

Here's an idea, if a TB has a specific goal the owner prints an info sheet/tag and attaches said sheet/tag to the TB so when you have it in your hands at the cache, all you have to do is read what the goal is... :laughing:

We know that all TB owners don't add a tag. So it would be nice to have the goals accessible in the PQ.

I think it would be nice to have the goal for each TB included in pocket query data. Not all goals for all TBs, but goals for TB's in caches returned by your query. I use Cachemate and it would be nice to see the goal for each TB in a cache, so I can decide to take it or not.

What does everyone think?

I like it

If I can paperlessly (!) read a cache description, why not the goal section of a travel bug?

I'll throw in my vote for this too (I would guess it's about 30-40% of the time I find a TB that doesn't have a mission sheet with it).

Hopefully TPTB at GSAK and Cachemate would update their programs to take advantage of this info too, but that's probably a given.

It would also be nice if we could get some more info about the TB also, such as when it was put in the cache. I will take TBs that have been sitting in a cache a long time, even if I can't help them along in their mission other than to move them to a busier cache.

Pocket Query data is overdue for an update, including attributes for caches. We have had this request before (although not in the same manner :anicute:) and will consider it as part of the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've search for "pocket query attributes" and found this message. Sorry to bring back an old thread.. but, when would be the next update?

Like a lot of people, I'm really looking forward for this new feature!

Pocket Query data is overdue for an update, including attributes for caches. We have had this request before (although not in the same manner ;)) and will consider it as part of the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've search for "pocket query attributes" and found this message. Sorry to bring back an old thread.. but, when would be the next update?

Yes, I agree! Attributes are an awesome feature, being able to do our own sub-filtering would be great.

Pocket Query data is overdue for an update, including attributes for caches. We have had this request before (although not in the same manner :unsure:) and will consider it as part of the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Still no news about this overdue Feature?

The Attributes are available Online since January 2005 and still not available in the GPX-Files to be Used via GSAK.

So they are still nearly useless to me.

The attributes would be nice, but as a TB and Geocoin owner I can get behind the TB info in the PQ's.

I make tags for all my travelers, but I know they break, get ripped off, etc.

And I'd say that at least 50% of the TBs I find don't have tags stating their goals.

Pocket Query data is overdue for an update, including attributes for caches. We have had this request before (although not in the same manner :anicute:) and will consider it as part of the next update. Thanks for the suggestion.

I know I am following up to an old response but I have been thinking about this one recently. In a thread in another forum someone was talking about (but appeared to lack the programming chops) building a Travel Bug Race web site and was going to grab the "mileage" from the TB listing somehow.

It seems to me that capturing data about trackable items could be "similar" to Pocket Queries but as the information about trackables is quite different than for caches, the gpx format would not be able to represent the data in xml for a TB as it does for a cache.

Has there been any thought about developing a "trackable exchange format" (tbx?) and a schema to go with it?