Log Date Changed Spontaneously

Nemesis

I logged a maintenence visit on 3 of December 2006 on my Queen Elizabeth Park cache. I later noticed that one of my previous cache notes had ben changed so that it appeared to have been submitted on the 3 December 2006 also, even though it had been submitted on the same day about three years earlier.

I'm assuming that this is some kind of bug with geoaching.com. I hope my description is enough to track it down, because it is quite perplexing.

I logged a maintenence visit on 3 of December 2006 on my Queen Elizabeth Park cache. I later noticed that one of my previous cache notes had ben changed so that it appeared to have been submitted on the 3 December 2006 also, even though it had been submitted on the same day about three years earlier.

I'm assuming that this is some kind of bug with geoaching.com. I hope my description is enough to track it down, because it is quite perplexing.

You do realize that the date is "sticky", don't you? If you change from something other than the current date, it retains that date for subsequent logs. This is to assist people making multiple prior-date logs.

You do realize that the date is "sticky", don't you? If you change from something other than the current date, it retains that date for subsequent logs. This is to assist people making multiple prior-date logs.

Yes I certainly do. I didn't have a problem with the maintence visit I had just logged, it was just that the date of a note that I submitted about three years earlier was changed to the same date as my maintence log for no apparant reason (before I edited the note adding an explanation of the problem).

Can you change it back?

I could, but I'm not quite sure of the exact year it was logged. I would have to look it up in some notes I made years ago, and that will take a while. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of everyone, just in case it is a consistent bug that could potentially affect everyone.

Since logs are in no way directly connected to each other it would be highly unlikely to be a bug in the system. If we receive any additional issues to show a trend we'll look deeper into this. However, considering that we get around a log every second or so and it hasn't happend it was probably a freak occurance or a miss-click.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll keep it in mind if and when we receive similar reports.