OshnDoc 2007 Coins

OshnDoc

Thank you everyone for their orders.

I am down to a few coins which I want as travelers.

For now I will hold all new trades and sales,

as I would like to be able to take a few coins with me to the coin fest in Temecula in February.

Thanks so much for all the nice comments about the coin.

I really appreciate it.

Edited by OshnDoc

Invoices have been sent. Please check your inboxes and let me know if if you have preordered and have not received and invoice.

The coins are expected to ship from the factory on 1/31. Cross your fingers that there are no problems in customs. Once I have your payment I can process the shipping labeks which should get the coins out within a couple of days after I receive them.

Thanks

Just an update: A friend of mine, ModelCitizen, did a test-jump, with my two-tone coin proof/sample.

Result; the coin has been qualified as being fully flight worthy.

(The coin is velcroed to a strap around his glove) :D:laughing:

126347860-O.jpg

Edited by OshnDoc
Are these still available?

Still waiting to hear from a few people. Once I have the final count on paid orders, I have a better knowledge as to what is still available. I have a few people on a waiting list for the coins.

baelrati

Droo

freespirit1402

danidu

Roboknight

Team OleOmi

Sunrayers

nooks

Sunny Gina

mohr11

Mystery Ink

Stuck on WGS84

Rubiconlwb

creacher

mark&beth

slippery_1

cainrcc

I would have a general question to people who have bought this coin.

I had quite a few requests for some of the coins after the total number of 300 in the 3 metals for sale and the 2-tone (trade only) was reached. I also promised not to mint any more in those metals.

Would it be legitimate to order some in lets say in Antique gold as a version 1b or something like that?

I need input please. Thanks

Edited by OshnDoc

I would have a general question to people who have bought this coin.

I had quite a few requests for some of the coins after the total number of 300 in the 3 metals for sale and the 2-tone (trade only) was reached. I also promised not to mint any more in those metals.

Would it be legitimate to order some in lets say in Antique gold as a version 1b or something like that?

I need input please. Thanks

Would those who have already purchased get an oppourunity to purchase the new minting? - so that we could still have complete sets.

It's your coin, so as long as it was not the same as those in the first minting, and did not cheapen them in anyway - then I don't see why not.

Just my 2c worth.

keewee

Well I received the the coins. That is where the good news stops.

Here is the problem, the antique finish on the penguin side is at between 50 to 70% of the coins messed up and not acceptable to me (nor to anyone who has purchased the coin) as it is different from the samlpe coins and not anything what I wanted.

I was told that it has something to do with the mint and holidays in the new year and people taking vacation over there and only part time workers are being used to fill in and get those orders out at the mint in China. Well they got mine out, however, ......

Anyway, now it gets worse. Since the chinese New Year is coming up the mint will not have replacements finished until the 1st of MARCH! I / we have to wait enother entire month. I am very sorry about that, but believe me no one is as disappointed as I am. I however, will not accept a low quality product.

If anyone who paid for the coin wants their money back and get out of the order, feel free to e-mail me and I will refund you the money asap.

Otherwise we all will have to wait for another month. ANd I had thought I had the payment and delivery timeframe figured out pretty close. Again I do appologize for the delay, but it was not in my hands.

Edited by OshnDoc

Hello,

I wanted to personally give everyone an update to this coin. This coin has been delayed much longer than expected since its initial inception. There have been many complications which developed due to the plating process. We are working diligently to correct the plating issues so we can supply the coin with a quality finish. We are conducting another test run of the coin at this time.

I know several of you have already paid for your coins and are eagerly awaiting delivery, but please understand the delay with this coin is not the fault of OshnDoc. I want to reassure everyone the coins will be made and delivered, but will take a little while longer before they are completed. While this coin is very special to OshnDoc and those who have pre-ordered it, it is also very special to CoinsAndPins as we are also eagerly waiting to have completed a beautiful coin like this with an Antarctic subject.

Please hang in there and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Aaron, thanks for the update. ;)

Hello,

I wanted to personally give everyone an update to this coin. This coin has been delayed much longer than expected since its initial inception. There have been many complications which developed due to the plating process. We are working diligently to correct the plating issues so we can supply the coin with a quality finish. We are conducting another test run of the coin at this time.

I know several of you have already paid for your coins and are eagerly awaiting delivery, but please understand the delay with this coin is not the fault of OshnDoc. I want to reassure everyone the coins will be made and delivered, but will take a little while longer before they are completed. While this coin is very special to OshnDoc and those who have pre-ordered it, it is also very special to CoinsAndPins as we are also eagerly waiting to have completed a beautiful coin like this with an Antarctic subject.

Please hang in there and let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Even though I posted something similar on another thread - Ill say it again.

Waiting for quality is never a bad thing. Too many people rush for the sake of time, and let quality slip. (In general! Not coins specificially!)

I personally would never be upset waiting for a better product.

Good for you guys... very nice to see people being patient for the sake of an outstanding coin.

Do you have any left? .....

At this point there are no more coins available, as all ordered coins have been spoken for.

However, if there is interest, I might, after delivery of the initially ordered coins to the final recipients, consider another run of this design in a different finish like Antique Gold or something different from the currently existing metals as a version 1.5, as I promised everyone who ordered before, that the numbers minted in the existing finishes are the final numbers for those.

If interest is there, please e-mail me with how many you are interested in so I can gauge of how many I would have to order.

I do not have a new update on these coins. I am waiting, as stated by Aaron (cinsandpins), on the new production samples from the mint. I will post more info as soon as I have it. If anyone who ordered, wants to back out and have their money refunded, please email me and I will do so asap. I do understand. For everyone hanging in there with me, I thank you for your patience. I appologize for this delay.

Hello everyone:

Here is the promised update about my coin.

The mint has achieved the look in the coin samples as promised and the coins are finally in "re-production".

The mint will ship them directly to CoinsandPins for Quality Control and they will then send them on to me.

So hopefully in just a little more than 2 weeks from now I should see them at my house.

Once I have them I will get them packed and shipped out asap.

For those who have not been able to make it in on round one with these coins, I have added a few more coins to the order.

These additional coins will have the same design, have individual serial numbers on them and will also be trackable on GC.com, however, they will be finished in ANTIQUE GOLD, which was not an option for version 1. Anyone interested in getting one of those, please let me know.

Prices for these will be $8.75 per coin plus shipping of $2.50 for the first and $0.75 for each additional coin (I had to increase the price by 25 cent per coin as I am paying extra out of my own pocket in most small orders for the shipping charges of the first set of coins. Paypal fees are quite high, and I had miscalculated the first round). These prices will be only for the Antique Gold coins. (The coins will be 2" diameter 3.5 mm thick, both sides 3D, on a bronze base, with an antique Gold plating, no colors).

Thanks again for being so patient. I believe, that the coins (if they are being mass produced the way the samples look) are going to be worth your while waiting for. Thank You. OshnDoc

Here are the latest sample images I received from the mint.

(The lighting is poor in a couple of them)

dd71540a.jpg

5724f7de.jpg

83109f6c.jpg

526ca708.jpg

bc7c879c.jpg

For those who have not been able to make it in on round one with these coins, I have added a few more coins to the order.

These additional coins will have the same design, have individual serial numbers on them and will also be trackable on GC.com, however, they will be finished in ANTIQUE GOLD, which was not an option for version 1. Anyone interested in getting one of those, please let me know.

Email sent.

An update to the whereabout of my coins:

Based on my latest e-mail from CoinsandPins, the coins are scheduled to arrive at their facility on April 3rd for quality control. ("Hello, It looks like I will receive these on April 3rd. Thank you, Aaron ")

Once Aaron has checked the quality of these coins to be satisfactory, he will then ship them to my house for distribution.

This is the status for the original coins (Version 1) in Antique Silver, Antique Copper and Antique Bronze, and the additionally ordered coins in Antique Gold (Version 1.5).

I do have the Two-Tone versions in hand and have traded with a few people for them, as they were not affected by the initial mint problem.

I am hoping to get the coins before Easter, as I am out of town for the week after Easter (starting 4/5) , on a long planned family trip and will not be able to ship them during that time. Once I have a fixed arrival date of the coins at my house, I can and will prepare as many envelopes/shipping lables to ship before I leave, but again, it all depends on when I get the coins. I do appologize for this delay, and again offer a refund to anyone who wishes to not want the coins any more (Simply send me an e-mail and I will take care of it asap).

Believe me, that there is no one out there more disappointed in the timing of this project than me. However, I can assure you that the coins, once produced in the correct way, will be worth waiting a little bit longer for.

Thank you for your understanding.