GPS 200

meije

My husband and I had just been introduced to geocaching last week. Few days ago we baught a GPS Magellan 200. After reading the manual we still don't understand how to enter the site code ex: N33 42. 438 w 116 24.233

UTM: 11S E 555238 N 3729862

there is no # key pad??? Thanks for any help

Meije

Would this be a Magellan eXplorist 200? If so, that is the exact one I have.

1. Hit "Mark" from any screen. Doesn't matter where the cursor is, just hit it.

2. Highlight the coordinates, then press straight down on the trackpad controller thing. I can't think of the official name right now. <_<

3. One number will be highlighted. Use up and down on the trackpad thing to select the number to be used for that digit, and left and right to select the digit.

4. Once you finish with the North/South row, press straight down on the trackpad thing to move to the East/West row. Follow step 3 again.

5. Press straight down on the trackpad thing to highlight all coordinates, then scroll down to save.

6. Press straight down on the trackpad thing to select save.

That's all. It may seem like a lot, but it's not. Just make sure you input the coords correctly!

If you have any other questions about it, assuming you have the eXplorist 200, feel free to PM me.

My husband and I had just been introduced to geocaching last week. Few days ago we baught a GPS Magellan 200. After reading the manual we still don't understand how to enter the site code ex: N33 42. 438 w 116 24.233

UTM: 11S E 555238 N 3729862

there is no # key pad??? Thanks for any help

Meije

Thank you. In the next day we will try your suggestions and will let youknow. We reach 50 and technology is like talking chineese!! Meije