Hurricane Cache-cadia style

Patudles

Looks like we're in for another round today/tonight. Not looking forward to this! Again! Everytime they say High Wind warning, I hightail it for the Navy Lodge with my toddler. Trees around my house are at least 10+ feet circumference (sp?), a couple hundred feet tall & about 20 feet from the house. This is getting really expensive...and <_< I don't own a laptop!!

My parents still do not have any electricity. I haven't had a phone line since 8pm last night. Not very safe, since our cells do not work where we live.

I had an interesting time disabling one of my caches yesterday. :laughing:

We feel your pain. <_< I didn't have power for 3 days in December, no cell phone, and no land phone line after the first day. Tons of trees down everywhere, and every time we clean up, another storm comes through and knocks down more. Like right now....big winds again. After all the rain, landslides are now a concern, there was a big one in Seattle the other day on Rainier Ave. My backyard goes down a steep slope, I'm a little nervous myself.

Thanks for the pics of Washington Park, Ambrosia, we are fairly familier with it :laughing: . We cached in Bellevue just before the New Years and the parks showed lots of damage although city crews had done an amazing amount of clean up already. We are glad we live up here where traffic lights not working isn't at problem and even power outages are somehow enjoyable. Sunday evening it was Irish Coffee by candel light. Hydnsek, you should head this way.

K&A

I know our major windstorm outages are small compared to what you all in the city have had to deal with. Our main concern here now is the cold that is coming and the few that are still without eletricity could have major problems with pipes freezing. Here are the pictures that I had in my first post that seemed to get blown from the thread.

What goes up must come down!

PICT6247.jpg

Only knocked the cache on the ground, so I was able to rescue it

PICT6220.jpg

So much for that Little League dug out!

PICT6218.jpg

Edited by Patudles
Thanks for the pics of Washington Park, Ambrosia, we are fairly familier with it . We cached in Bellevue just before the New Years and the parks showed lots of damage although city crews had done an amazing amount of clean up already. We are glad we live up here where traffic lights not working isn't at problem and even power outages are somehow enjoyable. Sunday evening it was Irish Coffee by candel light. Hydnsek, you should head this way].

K&A

Are you kidding? Haven't you read about the wake of atmospheric turmoil she's already stirred up on the West side AS WELL AS New Mexico??? We love you Abby and no offense, but stay home! :laughing:

What goes up must come down!

Only knocked the cache on the ground, so I was able to rescue it

PICT6220.jpg

Here I thought I was going to have to chase down that cache all the way to Rock Island since the "container" was less wind resistant than the trees. I thought for sure this one was a goner.

Are you kidding? Haven't you read about the wake of atmospheric turmoil she's already stirred up on the West side AS WELL AS New Mexico??? We love you Abby and no offense, but stay home! :ph34r:

But if she goes to the Methow Valley, maybe the weather on the wet side will finally calm down... Abby, don't you need to break in those new snowshoes? :D

Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago? :laughing:

J/K Abby! :ph34r:

Are you kidding? Haven't you read about the wake of atmospheric turmoil she's already stirred up on the West side AS WELL AS New Mexico??? We love you Abby and no offense, but stay home! :ph34r:

But if she goes to the Methow Valley, maybe the weather on the wet side will finally calm down... Abby, don't you need to break in those new snowshoes? :ph34r:

Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago? :laughing:

J/K Abby! :D

...looking through weather paraphernalia....lessee....turbo fans, rain-makers, snow drifts...ah yes, lightning bolts! Now to tune the guidance systems...what are the coords for Kent and Wenatchee again? :D

Are you kidding? Haven't you read about the wake of atmospheric turmoil she's already stirred up on the West side AS WELL AS New Mexico??? We love you Abby and no offense, but stay home! :laughing:

But if she goes to the Methow Valley, maybe the weather on the wet side will finally calm down... Abby, don't you need to break in those new snowshoes? :ph34r:

Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago? :ph34r:

...looking through weather paraphernalia....lessee....turbo fans, rain-makers, snow drifts...ah yes, lightning bolts! Now to tune the guidance systems...what are the coords for Kent and Wenatchee again? :D

Just don't miss Kent and hit Auburn!!!!

Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago? :D

If you do, you may never get a cache approved again.

:D:D:laughing::D

Are you kidding? Haven't you read about the wake of atmospheric turmoil she's already stirred up on the West side AS WELL AS New Mexico??? We love you Abby and no offense, but stay home! :)

But if she goes to the Methow Valley, maybe the weather on the wet side will finally calm down... Abby, don't you need to break in those new snowshoes? :)

Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago? B)

...looking through weather paraphernalia....lessee....turbo fans, rain-makers, snow drifts...ah yes, lightning bolts! Now to tune the guidance systems...what are the coords for Kent and Wenatchee again? :)

If you do, you may never get a cache approved again.

:DB):D:D

OK, I relented and just dumped snow instead, on both towns. Ain't it purty? :D

Edited by hydnsek

I uploaded my pictures from the storm in Wenatchee 4 days ago. Let me tell you a few things about Flickr if you haven't used it before, so that you can get a better experience. I'm still just learning the site, so there may be even better pearls of wisdom out there.

The slideshow is a nice feature, it shows the pictures in order in a small/medium format. But you cannot see the comments that a person makes for their pictures, which can limit your understanding of what you are looking at. To see the pics small/medium with the descriptions, go to the bottom of the main description on the main page and click on the link "Detail view". This shows the photos from beginning to end.

When you click on a picture, it takes you to a page where the picture is in a medium format. At the top of the picture you have options to view it in larger sizes. You can make comments on the pics as well.

A really cool thing is that you can look at a map that shows where my photos were taken. That link is also at the bottom of the main description on the main page, click "Map". I put all the pics on the map that I remembered the location of, and weren't in a sensitive place.

I think that's about it. The only place that I did not take pictures was above my house, where some of the really serious damage was, with roofs gone and upper stories gone. One of the fire stations was just blown away completely, the building's gone. I'm frustrated that I did not go there, but I'm just happy that I was able to go out the next day after the storm and get what I did.

Here's a couple pics from the link, one is from my neighbour's house, and the other is from my parent's house with my mom in it.

351009862_e667e18ed3.jpg

354293426_481c64b9d9.jpg

Edited by Ambrosia
Wasn't she in Thailand for the holidays two years ago?

J/K Abby! :wub:

Ah, but that was caused by an earthquake, not the weather. :D

Yeah, that's right. So there. :D

Don't make me tell you how she did it. :ph34r:

So Abby, would you stop freezing everything now? I've been stuck in my house for two days! :D On the plus side, I have a new stack of puzzle caches solved. ^_^