Legend motorcycle mount

thumbs1

Ram mounts make mounts for just about any device, to mount them to just about any surface. One of theirs is a handlebar grip, then you add the arm, and the appropriate cradle. The best part is you just buy any new mounts only, and move the arm and cradle to wherever you want. Thats the way I am going for transferring between 4wd windscreen mount, and motorbike handlebar mount.

I have the garmin mount on my mountain bike, it doesn't really work well for me on my motorcycle though. I am much happier with the ram mount there. Lots more options to mount it where it's visible but not in the way. And I also look the lanyard over the mirror "just in case".

albumpicjf6.jpg

(the GPS and the ugly red windshield have both been upgraded since this pic)

Edited by Mopar

I would like to mount my Legend on my motorcycle. Has anyone tried a mount for a motorcycle? How well do they work and does the gps take a pounding? Also can you see the thing while rideing or is it really a wast of time? How do you guys ride with a gps?

thanks

I have the garmin factory handlebar mount with my Garmin VISTA CX and it is awesome on my ole GS750 suzuki from the mid 70's. It works very well, it is awesome, my ole GS has the speedo error of a 30 year old bike, I almost lost my licence from speeding fines (I lost 11 licence demerit points out of 12) before I had the GPS, since I have had the handlebar mount I have NOT lost 1 point on the bike!

I got 2 points back and then lost 1 point because I also usually have the GPS in the car with me but recently lost 1 point when I was speeding at 64Kmh in a 60 zone, lucky it wasnt in the hollidays or it would be double demerits!

I have the Garmin handlebar mount on my Drz400.

Was a bit tricky to get it positioned just right but works well.

I used it with my Etrex Legend and now use it with my 60Cx.

I always loop my lanyard around my mirror just to be sure.

I also loop my lanyard around the handlebar just for security and peace of mind because IF the mount broke, loosing $600+ isnt really fun!

I placed my mount as close as I could to my tripple tree and I keep the GPSr light set at low, when it is night it is very easy to view and I find myself using it more than the original speedo!

Ok thanks guys. I saw the Garmin mount that grips to the handle bars and then has battery cover with a clip that attaches to the mount on the bars. It just slips in and clips. Is this a good mount or should I be looking for one that cradles the gps for better support. I will be using the gps on my bicycle and one a dirt bike(motorcycle). I didn't know if the garmin mount would have to much vibration.