Freemason Geocachers

D24G0N

Wow. Been caching barely two weeks and already making a geocoin.

Yup.. didn't take long for me to be addicted. Couldn't even help hitting a cache in the dark on the way home from work tonight. :laughing:

... didn't I see you make the exact same comment to another person earlier this week too? \:]

Any masons out there interested in making a trackable Freemason Geocoin? I haven't been able to find one, and I thought that was a little unusual. I'm going to put a 'blurb' in our newsletter, but thought I'd put a post on here as well.

If someone would be so inclined to perhaps give me some mroe information, I'd be interested. A mere search on the net gives all sorts of conflicting information. I worked with a guy once who was a "mason" I asked him what it was, and he said it was a secret. I asked how you became one, he said you had to know one. So here you all are...even a PM would be nice!

It's no secret. :laughing:

Freemasonry is a club or fraternity dedicated to the good of people everywhere... which isn't nearly as hokey as it sounds. :ph34r:

If you'd like information regarding the masons, I urge you to check out this website. You will find a lot of misinformation on the web, so take anything you read with a grain of salt. :D

http://www.torontomasons.ca/flash_content/flash_content.html

Getting a great response about the coin! If you are interested be sure to leave a post here so that I can use this as a pre-ordering gauge. :ph34r:

CHEERS!

It's no secret. :wub:

Freemasonry is a club or fraternity dedicated to the good of people everywhere... which isn't nearly as hokey as it sounds. :D

If you'd like information regarding the masons, I urge you to check out this website. You will find a lot of misinformation on the web, so take anything you read with a grain of salt. :ph34r:

http://www.torontomasons.ca/flash_content/flash_content.html

Getting a great response about the coin! If you are interested be sure to leave a post here so that I can use this as a pre-ordering gauge. ^_^

CHEERS!

WOW, what a great website design! I finally had a chance to view it -- great work to the Brother who designed and produced it!

Any artwork yet?

I think we are all going to have to wait till he has the approval from the Masonic Lodge to use the design. I know I am willing to wait to ensure it is done correctly.

So long as the art isn't inappropriate, I don't see why they would refuse! There are THOUSANDS of graphics out there.

Any artwork yet?

I think we are all going to have to wait till he has the approval from the Masonic Lodge to use the design. I know I am willing to wait to ensure it is done correctly.

So long as the art isn't inappropriate, I don't see why they would refuse! There are THOUSANDS of graphics out there.

I agree 100%. I just would hate to see this end up like some other coins that have used names and such without permission, then have to delay it while they scurried to get the permission after the fact. I would rather see us take the high road and do things right from the start.

Since there is no National Grand Lodge..

it becomes difficult to see who you really need permission from..

I guess it would be the jurisdiction in the state the coin designer resides in

I know the square & compass used by the Grand Lodge of Pa is copyrighted ..unsure about other juristictions

No kiddin! Good Job Ranger! I've got 3 years before I get there. S.D. right now. Anyone else?

Ohh I have it bad..

currently secretary of Lodge..

Past HP of RAC

Past GTC of Tall Cedars of Lebanon

Past DD of Tall Cedars of Lebanon

EC of Knights Templar

Director of Work Valley of Bloomsburg

and about 20 other things...lol

..surprised I have time to get on here... lol

Ohh I have it bad..

currently secretary of Lodge..

Past HP of RAC

Past GTC of Tall Cedars of Lebanon

Past DD of Tall Cedars of Lebanon

EC of Knights Templar

Director of Work Valley of Bloomsburg

and about 20 other things...lol

..surprised I have time to get on here... lol

NO DOUBT! I was just thinkin, "Man, shouldn't you be somewhere right now??"

<_<

Hello to all the brothers and all others. I had the same idea about a year ago and contacted Beo. Joefrog but we never proceded to the design phase. With all the symbols available it would just about design itself ( just check the belt buckles, lighters, etc that are out there).....I just designed my own coin and I can't draw a box. I simply roughly scetched my ideas and Aaron & Tess @ Coins and Pins did the rest.

Put me down for at least 3.

I was raised about 30 years ago in LA's first...Perfect Union #1....the book I signed was signed by Andrew Jackson ( Old Hickory )