Where did you get your GPS?

wrz0170

Went on pricegrabber and found some decent prices on the Garmin 60 CSX, however, I also know how some of those places work. They either whack you with some outrageous shipping. They call you in an hour and try to hard sell you stuff you don't want or need. Then when you decline, it's suddenly not in stock and it's like pulling teeth to cancel the order....

So, any reputable places on Pricegrabber that can be recommended that did pretty good with price and quick shipping?

I'm guilty of being an Amazon fan. Just bought a Garmin 76CSx from them.

Price was reasonable, used Froogle for comparison. A couple of my other favorite vendors had the units for about a hundred bucks more.

Paid regular shipping, Ordered on a Thursday morning, GPS showed up Friday afternoon, but that was probably just a quirk of Geography. The distribution center they used was relatively close by.

If the price difference was enough, I probably would have ordered from someone else, but for a few bucks, I stuck with my old addictive standby...

I'm guilty of being an Amazon fan. Just bought a Garmin 76CSx from them.

Price was reasonable, used Froogle for comparison. A couple of my other favorite vendors had the units for about a hundred bucks more.

Paid regular shipping, Ordered on a Thursday morning, GPS showed up Friday afternoon, but that was probably just a quirk of Geography. The distribution center they used was relatively close by.

If the price difference was enough, I probably would have ordered from someone else, but for a few bucks, I stuck with my old addictive standby...

Amazon doesn't have a bad price........$359 delivered and with Prime, practically next day. I am a Amazon junkie myself. I see they have CN NT V8 for $120.

Just bought a Garmin 76scx from Offroute.com and I have had nothing but a good buying experience from them. This is the second one I have purchased from them and that is the reason I purchased from them again. Very reasonable price and shipping. I think they will also price match. Offroute was at one time ( years ago ) giving a small portion of its sales back to Geocaching.com to help with operation costs but I believe that is no longer the case.

Hi,

I got my explorist 400 from Canadian Tire. Was a pretty good deal at the time. CT want 379.00 and Wal-Mart wanted 267.00 so I got CT to pricematech Wal-Mart and got it for the same price plus 10% CT money of the cheaper price so ended up get it for 267.00 + tax and walk out with almost $30 CT money in my pocket. So I figured it was a pretty good price when I got it.

Amazon doesn't have a bad price........$359 delivered and with Prime, practically next day. I am a Amazon junkie myself. I see they have CN NT V8 for $120.

Yeah, It's just TOO easy to click on things in Amazon. :(

I also ordered the CN NT V8 and the US Topo. Ordered them last thursday as well, and the Topo Shipped today, no word on the CN NT V8 yet.

Also ordered a 2 gig chip for it as well. Figured my old III+ lasted, Sheesh, I'm guessing I've had it since it was the 'latest thing' and it's still ticking, so why not load the new one up with all the goodies to start with.

The only problem is I can't quite convince my wife that the old one is 'just as good'. First time we went out with it I made the mistake of using the new one and zooming in on the cache while she was still in search mode. Let's just say that was not proper etiquette and I paid for my mistake. ;)

Yesterday I got smarter and just gave her the new one and I concentrated on walking the dogs. Everyone was a little happier with that arrangement.... :)

I'm an old fan of the pawnbroker. Got both of my units at the pawn shop. Sent them both back to the manufacturer and got re-furbished models back just for the cost of one way postage. They are not brand new, but they do just fine for geocaching. We ain't splittin' the atom here, just lookin' for boxes in the bushes.

Went on pricegrabber and found some decent prices on the Garmin 60 CSX, however, I also know how some of those places work. They either whack you with some outrageous shipping. They call you in an hour and try to hard sell you stuff you don't want or need. Then when you decline, it's suddenly not in stock and it's like pulling teeth to cancel the order....

So, any reputable places on Pricegrabber that can be recommended that did pretty good with price and quick shipping?

Bought my Magellan Explorist 500LE from Wally World for $200, it came with the Mapsend Topo 3D USA for only $10. Bought the battery/AC adapter for another $20 while on sale at the site, bought the car adapter at Cabela's for another $20. I used velcro to attach it to the dash right between the radio and steering wheel, a lot cheaper than the $30 for a mount!

The cost comes to $268 w/tax and shipping for all the software and the battery...and this little beauty is really something!!

My first GPS unit. the Garmin Geko 101, was purchased on sale locally at a Super Target store. The Geko 101 is a good starter GPS, but it lacks a PC interface so you can't download waypoints into it.

My wife recently gave me a Garmin Etrex Legend for my birthday, which came from Amazon. Now if this weather here would just clear up so I can get out and try it!

RedStickHam