Groundspeak Headquarters

popop

If geocachers are in the vicinity of GS headquarters and would like to pop in and say Hi/Thank You etc - is this encouraged? Must be a busy place at times and wouldn't want to distract folks but at the same time it would be neat to be able to stop in if in the area.

I saw the snail mail address and realized I was within a few blocks back at Thanksgiving visiting fam on Queen Anne! I defininately would have stopped in had I known.

Edited for spelling

Edited by popop

I believe there is a virtual cache there. I was on the phone with the Mother Ship just the other day, talking to the marketing guy. He noted while we were talking that someone had just shown up to claim their find.

I just did a search for all virtuals centered near the snail mail address. Under 20 within a 50 mile radius and none seemed like the one you mentioned. Provide a link here please?

Edited - Thanks Snoogans for the link

Edited by popop

ok, i'll edit it out :(

.. if one wanted to make a puzzle out of it, one could easily find the physical Groundspeak address by looking up their business license ... It's there, only took me 30 seconds. (4 addreses even, 2 PMBs and 2 physical locations)

Edited by benh57

I think that just having the address will not get you a visit. The beauty of their only allowing people come in by appointment is that their offices are not constantly flooded by people wanting to visit. No work would ever get done if they just allowed any of us to drop by whenever we wanted.

I think that just having the address will not get you a visit. The beauty of their only allowing people come in by appointment is that their offices are not constantly flooded by people wanting to visit. No work would ever get done if they just allowed any of us to drop by whenever we wanted.

Couldn't agree more - exactly why I posed the question - to find out the proper ettiquette for such a visit. Now that I can see the "archived" cache page I know how to go about it. Thanks all for your contribution to the topic - going to close now.

Um, if I could figure how.... I don't start too many topics and can't seem to find the place to close a topic you started :( Would have thought it'd be one of the options on the opening post.

Edited by popop
... Thanks all for your contribution to the topic - going to close now.

Um, if I could figure how.... I don't start too many topics and can't seem to find the place to close a topic you started :( Would have thought it'd be one of the options on the opening post.

Hit the report button just below your last post and ask that the thread be closed.

Edited by sbell111
... Thanks all for your contribution to the topic - going to close now.

Hit the report button just below your last post and ask that the thread be closed.

D'oh! The ONLY button I didn't try earlier! Thanks Closing now - really!

ok, i'll edit it out :(

.. if one wanted to make a puzzle out of it, one could easily find the physical Groundspeak address by looking up their business license ... It's there, only took me 30 seconds. (4 addreses even, 2 PMBs and 2 physical locations)

None of those are correct.

Also, you are welcome to visit the Groundspeak Headquarters. However we do request that you have an appointment by emailing the contact address beforehand. Like it has been said in the thread it would be very difficult to get work done if we had an open door policy to geocachers who wanted to visit. We usually try to get groups together on Friday to come into the office.