Trouble with usb drivers on Garmin 60c

I downloaded the lastest drivers and when I plug the mini-usb side into the unit it makes the found hardware beep on the computer. Then when i try to go into mapsorce or any program that talks to the GPS and I try to send or recive it just acts as if there is not gps units conected. Any ideas?

I will paypal 5 bucks to anyone that can help me with this. I'm leaving on a trip and I need the metroguide for that area.

btw the usb cable is brand new and the gps was bought off a friend in almost new cond. he does not have the CD's or owners manual he said.

May not help but...

I use my 60csx on both my laptop and my desktop.

On both, only one USB port will recognize the GPS. Maybe the first one I used on each but I don't know that.

Have you tried all your ports?

Also, if you haven't already, download and reinstall the latest version of Mapsource?

Good luck!

This is how I got my drivers to work.

Create a folder on the desktop - call it what you want

Download the USB driver from the Garmin website to this folder.

Open the folder and Extract the file to this folder

Plug in the gps, and hopefully you will get the Install New Hardware Wizard. Follow the steps through the wizard, but direct the search for the driver to your new folder on the desktop. That should work. Leave the folder there, as it seems that now and again i have to repeat this.

If you do not get the install new hardware wizard, you should open the device manager from the My Computer properties and uninstall the Garmin USB device. Then try again. works for me every time.

Also, from the device manager you may just be able to select the Garmin USB device and update the driver. Again, instruct it to look into your new folder. That might save a few steps.

Edited by GreatCanadian

Plug in the gps, and hopefully you will get the Install New Hardware Wizard. Follow the steps through the wizard, but direct the search for the driver to your new folder on the desktop. That should work. Leave the folder there, as it seems that now and again i have to repeat this.

If you do not get the install new hardware wizard, you should open the device manager from the My Computer properties and uninstall the Garmin USB device. Then try again. works for me every time.

Also, from the device manager you may just be able to select the Garmin USB device and update the driver. Again, instruct it to look into your new folder. That might save a few steps.

Got it up and runing

Thanks a million guys!!

Its amazing how quick everyone helps in this place.

Edited by Techcaching

Got it up and rnning

Thanks a million guys!!