Lunchtime Gang Geocoin Presale

danieloliveira

The Lunchtime Gang Geocoin is finally a reality!

Lunchtimegang%20Artwork1.gif

Pre sales are taking place through My-Geocoin

Minting has been limited to 250 coins (Nickel (RE) -125 pieces; Gun (LE) -75 pieces; Gold (SE) -50 pieces) trackable on Geocaching.com with own icon. Coins will have a soft cloisonné finish which will really make the colours stand out.

We hope that you will enjoy this coin as much as we have enjoyed creating it and that you embrace the spirit of lunchtime geocaching.

DanielOliveira and Bargao_Henriques

The history of the Lunchtime Gang:

The Lunchtime Gang was constituted a while ago when two geocachers who work together in the outskirts of Lisbon joined forces and started geocaching in their only free time, i.e. their lunchtimes.

The lunchtimers’ reputation grew such that many an FTF was and is claimed by the Lunchtime Gang and every cache approved before 12H30 had its minutes counted. As a result the gang suffered many a teasing by other cachers who themselves started to "create their own gangs".

The lunchtime geocaching expeditions gave rise to a strong camaraderie and friendship that will surely outlast all the caches in the world.

This geocoin is a celebration of this camaraderie and friendship that the Lunchtime Gang share between them and want to share with friends, acquaintances and the geocaching community.

Yes, although this is a personal geocoin, it's the first Portuguese personal geocoin, and just the second Portuguese geocoin… :wacko:

Portugal cachers are now awake for geocoins and our country is a great entrance door to Europe, trough the very active national geocaching community and all the tourists that visit us, lead by our beautiful towns, beaches, general sceneries and, of course, the (fast) growing number of geocaches. :D

Why don’t you visit us too? :D

Will you be trading any.

Team Sand Dollar

Personal Coin Trade?

We can't promise any trades at present because the number of coins will be limited to the stated numbers. if sales go crazy we may increase the number by 50 but no more.

For those interested in trades, I ask you to please be patient until we have final sales figures, which should be soon.

Order placed; love the design :blink:

We would like to have some opinions on the theme of the coin. Does anyone else out there also cache on their work breaks? :huh:

If I had a "real" job, I would do a little caching during lunch. The last time I had something like a "normal" job, I did some lunchtime caching, until I found or gave up on the close caches :laughing: I know several cachers who cache during their lunch breaks. A lot depends upon where you work, I suppose.

Order placed; love the design :grin:

We would like to have some opinions on the theme of the coin. Does anyone else out there also cache on their work breaks? :grin:

If I had a "real" job, I would do a little caching during lunch. The last time I had something like a "normal" job, I did some lunchtime caching, until I found or gave up on the close caches :unsure: I know several cachers who cache during their lunch breaks. A lot depends upon where you work, I suppose.

I know what you mean but I suppose it's easier in a large city with lots of nearby caches. Also, the easy access to any point is another plus.

Order placed; love the design :grin:

We would like to have some opinions on the theme of the coin. Does anyone else out there also cache on their work breaks? :grin:

If I had a "real" job, I would do a little caching during lunch. The last time I had something like a "normal" job, I did some lunchtime caching, until I found or gave up on the close caches :unsure: I know several cachers who cache during their lunch breaks. A lot depends upon where you work, I suppose.

I know what you mean but I suppose it's easier in a large city with lots of nearby caches. Also, the easy access to any point is another plus.

A funny thing has happened with this coin. :(

The manufacturing process has been delayed until the new year; in this case the Chinese new year, which happens on the 18th of February, because the factory has exceeded its pollution quotas for the year.

Has anybody else had this sort of message coming from factories in the east?