Crayons? You want Crayons!

UOTrackers

This is a notice of intent

So it seems that everyone is loving this whole community effort thing right now. Someone mentioned Crayons...well ok you got it! There are 64 colors in a crayon box, or so I am told. So I guess we're going to make some crayons! Jolene aka CrazyCaveLover and I are going to go ahead and co-lead this group. We will post more information as we have it. The main concern we have in starting this is shopping a vendor first. This is a HUGE project, and we want to be sure we have someone to cover the minting before telling you all that you are in!

PLEASE DO NOT POST COLOR REQUESTS AT THIS TIME

You may post that you are interested in participating, but we are NOT accepting participants yet. Once we have a few things figured out we will update you in this thread. Thank you for understanding.

Jennifer & Jolene

I am very interested in this project!

Crayola actually sells a box with 120 colors.. A lot of them within the same color catagory though..

From their website:

"Crayola crayons currently come in 120 colors including 23 reds, 20 greens, 19 blues, 16 purples, 14 oranges, 11 browns, 8 yellows, 2 grays, 2 coppers, 2 blacks, 1 white, 1 gold and 1 silver. Although Crayola crayons come in 120 different colors, the labels are only made in 18, which cover the full color spectrum"

Trying to find a list of all 120 colors specifically. I don't think that you could do that many different colors on coins though! (or that you would want to).

Interested? Yes! But what exactly is a participant expected to provide?

CF30

Your first born. Oh no wait, Mustang Joni found out you can't give away people. Darn. :anicute:

If this goes anything like the Vinyl coin or the community coin Brea is working on I would not worry too much. Brea & Jolene will get back to everyone with all the necessary info. At the least, expect to put up some money. :huh:

Sounds like a fun project. We'll watch for more info.

They also renamed a lot of the colors. I'm not sure what it means to have a 64 pack of crayons with 100 names for the 64 colors. Heck I don't even know what your project is other than it's in the geocoin forum...

Speaking of renaming colors, here's some history.

That's too bad about Prussian Blue. Ack! They retired one of my favorites colors!

Edited by Renegade Knight

I'm interested initially, pending cost. I don't eat at restaurants with no prices and likewise can't commit to a project where a blank check is the order of the day. If I had unlimited funds, I'd have my own coin by now. Just a quick question. If we participate and put our money in, do we get our nick on our coin? Just curious. I'll be watching the thread for details and it's good I have until summer to save my money. Thanks for starting this project.

Answering some questions:

Heck I don't even know what your project is other than it's in the geocoin forum...

This will be a project to produce 64 Crayon Geocoins - Geo crayons if you will

Found a list of all 120 colors with basic shades. Again, I would think that 120 colors would be WAY to many, but the list covers the small number of boxes too.

I'm a bit worried about doing 64...so 120 is deffinately out of the question!

Interested? Yes! But what exactly is a participant expected to provide?

When we are ready for it, we will want to know your color preference for your own personalized crayon, you will need to approve your artwork, and pay for a minimum of 50 of your own coins as well as any art fee's and die fee's. I do not have any prices yet, vendors are just now contacting me with their interest.

Just a quick question. If we participate and put our money in, do we get our nick on our coin?

YES! I've already been given a couple of options. A. Have one side be the same with all coins, and the obverse personalized, like the LP project, using 1 common die (split cost among everyone) and 1 personalized die (the personalized side would be your responsibility alone) OR B. Both dies the same, with lase etching for names on the obverse. The color would then be the difference. Option B is obviously cheaper, but may not be as nice, so we'll see.

Would there be any customization of the coin, or only color choice?

See above answer!

Cute I *may* be in depending on timeline and price.

No kidding! Me too! I am leaning towards end of summer August/Septemberish. I will be looking for the best quality for the best price!

Once I've got the baby down to bed tonight (around 10 EST) I'll be able to get working on this project, durring the day it's too hard to juggle her and forums, so I jump in when I can then get right back to her. For anyone planning to email me dirrectly for now please put crayons somewhere in the subject line. I will likely create a seprate email account for this project in the nextr couple days, so if you can hold off on emails until then it would be good!

for some reason the forum will not go past the 29th post on my computer. So I am not sure what all is going on with this coin past that part. So if the owner can email me back whenever all details are figured out. like exact date for coins to be made and how many each has to order min. and so on would be cool.

Your first born. Oh no wait, Mustang Joni found out you can't give away people. Darn. :(

I was just told you can't sell them either. I wonder if I can lease them out? :)

Do the lessees have to get renters insurance first? Ya know, in case the kids misbehave or get sick or something and the deal uhm, falls through. 'Cuz I ain't giving the money back! ;)

I would like to maybe get in on this if it is cheep.

It won't be any less than the record coins. In fact it should be a bit more since the coin is a larger size.

I think the only way it would be cheaper is if everyone ants their names lazer etched versus in the coin itself.

Lazer etched = same dies, different colors In the coin = different dies for everyone

Did that make sense?

If the die for the front of the coin is the same, we get less than 50 made, and it is only 1.5 to 1.75 inches, it should not be that much.

What if they track them with an icon? That just bumped the price to a possible $250 and $300 perhaps.

All things will need to be considered. Even though this is a new project, with a timeframe around 6 months from now we will have to actually have participants. Once we figure a couple things out, we will open up registrations, but if we don't completely fill registrations some things will be changed. Right now we're talking about 64 versions, I don't know if we will get that many. So we'll see. Don't worry I will update in this thread frequently! Keep posting questions, I'll keep answering them! Or Jolene will if I am away from the keyboard!