Largest actually traveling TB

txoilgas

Ok what is the largest item that someone has set loose as a travel bug. The means something that is actually handed to a new holder. Not someones cachemobile that has a tag attached.

My vote is for Miss Proppens. I saw this one at Geowoodstock4 and signed it. This is one half of a propellor from a turbo prop airplane.

cfbd8719-64ec-4e5d-b397-0fe6921d121d.jpg

Ok what is the largest item that someone has set loose as a travel bug. The means something that is actually handed to a new holder. Not someones cachemobile that has a tag attached.

My vote is for Miss Proppens. I saw this one at Geowoodstock4 and signed it. This is one half of a propellor from a turbo prop airplane.

cfbd8719-64ec-4e5d-b397-0fe6921d121d.jpg

There are 44 pictures of Mary Proppins on her page but you had to put that picture with our ugly mugs on here didn't you? :(

It did travel and make it into the wilderness. It went to several events and even hit a few caches. Recently, Flyingmoose hauled it way up in the mountains to a cache and Lpyankeefan went out the next day and drug it back out.

I have signed Mary Proppins, and I have lugged a bowling ball around.....but I have seen a great dane with a travel bug tag as well as somebody's Geomobile with a travel bug bumper sticker equiped with the 6-digit tracking number.

In my opinion...cute ideas, but I'm gonna stick with travel bugs actually moving through caches.

I'm not sure the name of it, but there was one cache that locally got a TB that was imbedded into a bowling ball. LOL How would you like to lug that around?

Your wimpy bowling ball weighs nothing compared to 115#/yd :laughing: . It was half a yard long, which should give you some idea as to how much it weighs.

To stay on topic, the largest bug I've personally seen is Spare Tire.

I've been thinking about attaching a travel bug tag to myself and plopping down beside a cache somewhere with the hopes of someone taking me on vacation with them. I got this fantasy after my TB-Goldie the Fan-Tail wound up in Hawaii and I didn't. *scratches head* I wonder if my plan would work...

Nerissa

I've been thinking about attaching a travel bug tag to myself and plopping down beside a cache somewhere with the hopes of someone taking me on vacation with them. I got this fantasy after my TB-Goldie the Fan-Tail wound up in Hawaii and I didn't. *scratches head* I wonder if my plan would work...

Nerissa

:blink:

I don't think anyone is brave enough to touch this one, but nice try.

Nerissa

Now, now. Some people would be happy to travel with a fellow cacher. It's not as far-fetched as you might think. Well, except that sitting at a cache part, you might want to scheduled that ahead of time :o

Nerissa

:o

Now, now. Some people would be happy to travel with a fellow cacher. It's not as far-fetched as you might think. Well, except that sitting at a cache part, you might want to scheduled that ahead of time :o

I think the biggest problem that I'd have to contend with would be bugnapping. I am pretty cute. :blink:

Neri