Pocket Query E-mails

tangerineman

I'm not receiving e-mails on all the pocket queries I make. Is anyone else having this trouble, or know how I can correct it? I get a list of the caches in the query, but no email with the file for downloading.

Are you checking the day of the week you want it to run? If you are doing that and still aren't receiving the PQ's, there's nothing else you can do. I've had that problem myself occasionally in the past, when they don't get delivered. Sometimes they've gotten delivered days later, other times they have never showed up.

That's why it's important to run a PQ earlier in the week if you're planning a weekend caching trip, for example -- at least you've got a backup to use if the PQ function quits working right before the weekend :D

And it previews OK?

Shouldn't matter on the file size.

On the http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/ page, does it show the date/time of the last time it was generated?

Do you have the PQ compress the file to a ZIP? Perhaps your email anti-spam is blocking it?

..Northbound

Does the size of the file matter? I requested 400 caches. I'm trying 2 different accts as well. One Yahoo, the other Hotmail - no luck.

hmm.. Just make sure you have the checkmark on the query, on that pocket page. At the bottom of the column, it should show a total of "1" for the number of query's to be executed that day. (unless you have more than one query turned on to run) if that is set, you'll just have to wait for the batch process to pick it up. Sometimes I've had to wait quite a while before they would actually be executed.

..Northbound