Painting cache tubs

First give them a quick blast with a blow lamp to burn off the anti-mould coating (this prevents the paint from keying), then paint with a proprietary spray can - cheap ones from Wilkinsons, preferably use a matt finish. I generally use matt black paint alone though you can streak with green brown.

thislotxz3.jpg

I leave a window for the label - I print this with black print on green paper, laminate then stick under the window using a hot glue gun – works a treat. If you’re clever you can print the cache found note on the reverse of the label then include it with the laminate.

Good luck! :D

I tried a blowlamp, but the Lock n Lock release agent seemed to vaporise and turned into a big ball of yellow flame which knocked the blowlamp flame out every time. If you try this, mind your eyebrows!

In the end, bought some xylene based plastic primer which appears to have given a really good base for plastic spray paints. Like 'Followmechaps', I leave a window but on the bottom for the "Contents harmless".

climatechaos.jpg

Can anyone help me out on this one please...

I have 2 clear cache tubs i want to paint. Wht is the best way to do it and what do i use!!

Gill -xx-

Rough it all over with a medium sandpaper and then spray, I don't leave a window as the paint takes so well to the roughed up plastic I can glue the my label onto the paint without a problem.

Sorry, I should have added this to my earlier post:

If you want very effective (and surprisingly quite cheap) spray paints use the ones designed specifically for graffiti artists - they have chemicals added to help them burn onto most surfaces and this works on the tupperware. Try these sites - Aerosol Colours and Monster colours. However, PLEASE don't let these fall into the wrong hands - illegal graffiti is very damaging.

If you want an off topic though ineresting insight to graffiti download the "Know Your Enemy" presentation from this site

FMC