Pre Order

StonedCachers

I'm looking to get a Geocoin (theme is British coulumbia canada) and was feeling the market. was wondering if anyone would buy.. They will be nickel, standard geocoin size. Trackable, full color and glow in the dark hard enamel. they will show the province of BC with a geocaching symbol over the lower main land area. the other side has not been created yet but is in the works.

I'm looking to get a Geocoin (theme is British coulumbia canada) and was feeling the market. was wondering if anyone would buy.. They will be nickel, standard geocoin size. Trackable, full color and glow in the dark hard enamel. they will show the province of BC with a geocaching symbol over the lower main land area. the other side has not been created yet but is in the works.

Depending on price and whether it has an icon, I'd most likely be interested :D

Posting artwork and cost would help many decide if they'd want to buy it or not. Also, there are a couple of other British Columbia geocoins already out there so you should probably make it a personal geocoin by adding your geonick and using the other side to express your own self.

I am using the other side for our caching group.. I'm in the middle of securing a website so I don't want to give out too much info. The reason I'm asking if people are interested, is cause I'm wondering how many I should have made in the first run.

And in reply to the other person, yes I've only been caching for 2 or 3 weeks. But none the less I am dedicated, I love the sport, I have the money, and I want to contribute to the ever growing list of sweet geocoins while at the same time have a nice coin for our group. I was first thinking of making just 100 for our group and that's it. I was reading up and found that you can get back alot of your cost, and at the same time promote your caching team in these forums, storys of like 500 pre orders.

As of right now, I can't post the artwork cause I need to secure the website first, nothing worse than some dork taking your domain before you can register and secure it. But once that's done I'll post the artwork. I am waiting on several quotes and have mostly completed the artwork. I just want a general Idea of how many people on this forum would buy custom coins.

A BC Geocoin has already been minted by Landsharkz.ca. The 2006 trackable coin is...

0f7db639-72a7-4d26-8d02-0a66be06818e.jpg

I am hoping Landsharkz are planning a 2007 one as well, or at least a re-mint of the 2006 coin.

I am sure you can try to make your own but be warned that many are particular when it comes to geocoins. The community here pretty much endorsed Landsharks to design and mint the coin to represent BC.

I am using the other side for our caching group.. I'm in the middle of securing a website so I don't want to give out too much info. The reason I'm asking if people are interested, is cause I'm wondering how many I should have made in the first run.

And in reply to the other person, yes I've only been caching for 2 or 3 weeks. But none the less I am dedicated, I love the sport, I have the money, and I want to contribute to the ever growing list of sweet geocoins while at the same time have a nice coin for our group. I was first thinking of making just 100 for our group and that's it. I was reading up and found that you can get back alot of your cost, and at the same time promote your caching team in these forums, storys of like 500 pre orders.

As of right now, I can't post the artwork cause I need to secure the website first, nothing worse than some dork taking your domain before you can register and secure it. But once that's done I'll post the artwork. I am waiting on several quotes and have mostly completed the artwork. I just want a general Idea of how many people on this forum would buy custom coins.

Does this mean the coins will only be trackable on your website? not on Geocaching.com? If that's the case you may not be allowed to promote your coin here. Make'em trackable on GC.com and you won't have that worry. Besides it makes the coins more desireable.

A BC Geocoin has already been minted by Landsharkz.ca. The 2006 trackable coin is...

I am hoping Landsharkz are planning a 2007 one as well, or at least a re-mint of the 2006 coin.

I am sure you can try to make your own but be warned that many are particular when it comes to geocoins. The community here pretty much endorsed Landsharks to design and mint the coin to represent BC.

Landsharkz really does a great job. I got a few of those because they looked so good.

I'd suggest you make it a personal coin (BC has been done as well as the Lower Mainland), but if its personal you can do whatever (like have the above image idea with something you love on the otherside with your name).

Regardless, If you make 250, hell would have to freeze over or you charge 20 bucks for them not to be sold out.

QJ

-Only Lower Mainlander to have is own geocoin (just realized that)

Hey QJ

Not trying to put a dampner on things but...

There are 2 or 3 other lower mainlanders coins that are coming out any day now.....& then of course there is the islanders!

Also as noted above in the forum the BCGA coin is due out later this month ,so probably not a great time to try & promote another BC coin.

I am sure you can try to make your own but be warned that many are particular when it comes to geocoins. The community here pretty much endorsed Landsharkz to design and mint the coin to represent BC.

Our 2007 British Columbia Geocoin ideas are being discussed on the BCGA forums and yes, there certainly will be another new version coming up after the release of the BCGA coin.

Landsharkz are designing this coin...and to showcase more local talent, the BC artist who creates much of the art seen on BC Parks Interpretive signs has been secured to create an original piece of art to be used on the reverse of the 2007 BC Geocoin. Once again, we've asked Tom Spetter to create the First Nation art for the front.

Actually, I will also be creating a BC coin. I used to live in BC, so my coin will be: "Been Caching?" - these coins will be limited to 5250 worldwide and sell for $42. The proceeds will be used to buy me a Jeep, which I will label with all sorts of "Been Caching?" stickers and tell people about caching as I drive around.

This is the first in a series including:

GI (Get Insurance)

NF (Need Fuel)

and more as the need(s) arise..... :huh:

Note: The above post is ALL in fun. While I actually did live in BC and love coins, etc from BC - I have no plans to release one of my own. :anicute:

-- Although an Ocean Falls or Tahsis or Woss or Nimpkish or .......

Like the others, depending on price and design.

You really can't expect much more of a commitment until we can see the artwork.

Personally, I no longer buy just any coin. They have to be outstanding like the Landsharkz coin noted/shown above ( just LOVE the Native artwork, btw ) or cute like the "Cache a Day" geocoin just posted a day or two ago. I don't buy plain-jane coins anymore.

And LFD, I want on of those "Buy Me a Jeep" geocoins, I'll pay up to $55 for them, :anicute:

Edited by nicolo

The coins will be trackable on GC, I know there are many BC coins, but none I've seen like the one I want to make. Aswell as the tales side of the coin will be Marijuana related, (maybe a pic of a pot leaf if it gets approved) if not our Marijuana-referanced Name will be on it. (already aproved waiting on domain registry)

The heads side will be the actual province of BC (haven't seen one like that yet) Some Glow in the dark too.

1.75"

Black Nickel

Hard enamel

Custom Icon

Trackable on GC

only 250 being minted (about 200 to be sold / Promo's)

The coins will be trackable on GC, I know there are many BC coins, but none I've seen like the one I want to make. Aswell as the tales side of the coin will be Marijuana related, (maybe a pic of a pot leaf if it gets approved) if not our Marijuana-referanced Name will be on it. (already aproved waiting on domain registry)

The heads side will be the actual province of BC (haven't seen one like that yet) Some Glow in the dark too.

1.75"

Black Nickel

Hard enamel

Custom Icon

Trackable on GC

Well....being from BC and knowing how pot affects folks....I wonder if this coin will ever get made at all? Maybe it will just get talked about.....y'know....can't be bothered.....

Anyways....what was I talking about?

Oh yeah....

:laughing:

Okay. I'm just joking with you. To each their own. While I like all things BC, I am not really 100% in favour of a pot-coin. It just isn't my thing. I'd laugh my head of if I found one though! .... in fact.......

Actually, I will also be creating a BC coin. I used to live in BC, so my coin will be: "Been Caching?" - these coins will be limited to 5250 worldwide and sell for $42. The proceeds will be used to buy me a Jeep, which I will label with all sorts of "Been Caching?" stickers and tell people about caching as I drive around.

This is the first in a series including:

GI (Get Insurance)

NF (Need Fuel)

and more as the need(s) arise..... :tired:

Note: The above post is ALL in fun. While I actually did live in BC and love coins, etc from BC - I have no plans to release one of my own. <_<

-- Although an Ocean Falls or Tahsis or Woss or Nimpkish or .......

I am sure I would be in for a bunch of these. But how much will shipping be? :laughing:

1.75"

Black Nickel

Hard enamel

Custom Icon

Trackable on GC

You might want to rethink the marijuana-related side of the coin. I highly doubt Groundspeak would approve any artwork that is drug-related.

1.75"

Black Nickel

Hard enamel

Custom Icon

Trackable on GC

Yeah, OK. :laughing:<_<

Maybe you can make a freebasing coin as well.

Edited by mrking

The OP is in discussions with Bryan about what is/is not going to be acceptable. Please do not turn this thread into a thread about drug jokes, etc.

This is family friendly and that's not the path we'd like to go down.

Thanks.

Opps..... sorry. Sometimes my sense of humour gets out of line. I agree about the family-friendly focus and didn't mean to offend or make light of a serious issue.

Lol, you guys can say what you want, I don't care what people who don't want the coin think. So I dissreguard most of the comments made in a negitive way. Obviously if you don't use or agree with marijuana then you won't like this coin. Just like I don't drink and hate the fact that it is legal and MANY people do it. there are many alcohol related coins that I've not bashed nor ever will. The greatest thing about geocoins is that there are so many, you can choose the ones you like, and the fact that you take time out of your searching for a coin you want, to bash mine shows me something... BTW What is not acceptable in your country, may not be so bad in other countrys/provinces. Here Marijuana is legal for many reasons. And Just as someone loves booze enuff to make a coin about it, there will be a marijuana coin, like it or not.

And I'm sure they would sell, if not faster than regular coins.

That being said, Groundspeak has heard my request for said coin, and as told me they would review the artwork, and "consider it". The Icon would obviously not be a pot leaf. And the potleaf/pot referance will not be the major focus of the coin. Since however, our group is a marijuana based caching team, these coins HAVE to have marijuana referance, even if I can't get the tracking.

If it is so legal why are they busting grow ops every week?

Hmmm, tolerated is the word you are looking for.

If you live here, you know, marijuana is legal for medical use.

You may also apply for a license to grow personal marijuana, And no you don't need a doctors note.

And Yes it is very tolerated on all other acount..

They are busting grow ops like mad because of the fire hazard involved with wiring the lights, most grow ops do not wire to code. You can like I said get a permit (inspection of wire must be preformed) and it will solve these issues.

Please people, from now on, keep this topic clear of personal opinions.. My question is not "who hates this idea and wants to argue with me about it?" it is "Who is interested in a coin like this?".

IF you are interested in a coin like this, then please reply. If not, you are not helping anything. Please do not reply.

We collect geocoins related to our interests, and your coin would be a nice addition to our collection :laughing: . We're behind you 100% Stoned Cachers. We'd love to see a marijuana leaf on a geocoin, and I'm sure there are others that would like to see one too, but are hesitant to post because it's a private issue for some. For example - if you teached grade school, and smoked a joint once in a while, you wouldn't want anybody to know for fear of loosing your job.

Marijuana helps many people who suffer from various forms of pain, and it's a part of our local economy here in the Kootenays. Society is learning about the benefits about marijuana and laws are slowly changing. We all know about the evils of cigarette smoke, and probably know someone who had an alchohol related death, but have you ever heard of someone dying from marijuana?

If it is so legal why are they busting grow ops every week?

Hmmm, tolerated is the word you are looking for.

If you live here, you know, marijuana is legal for medical use.

You may also apply for a license to grow personal marijuana, And no you don't need a doctors note.

And Yes it is very tolerated on all other acount..

They are busting grow ops like mad because of the fire hazard involved with wiring the lights, most grow ops do not wire to code. You can like I said get a permit (inspection of wire must be preformed) and it will solve these issues.

Please people, from now on, keep this topic clear of personal opinions.. My question is not "who hates this idea and wants to argue with me about it?" it is "Who is interested in a coin like this?".

IF you are interested in a coin like this, then please reply. If not, you are not helping anything. Please do not reply.

Being 'legal' and 'legal for medical use' are not the same. Sorry.

Yes, you can use it and grow it and sell it if you have all the papers that make it legal. Heck you can even posses a small amount without getting arrested even without a doctors script. However, it is far from legal for public use.

I can see you having the leaf and the medical symbol on the coin, that would be neat, and it would promote the proven medical properties of marajuana.

PS. I don't buy your statement that they bust grow ops due to the danger of it. It's because it is illegal to grow and sell without written permission. Period.

Personally, I'd love to see it legalized. I would love to see how much more revenue the gov't can make off taxes.

Edited by mrking

C'mon people - please don't make Eartha and I patrol this thread. This is *not* the place to discussion the legalization and/or the use of marijuana (or any other drug for that matter).

This thread will stay open as long as the topic is the coin design or the sale of the coin.

Any further straying from those topics will cause us to close the thread and have the OP open a new one when (s)he is ready to sell the coin.

Can we all be adults here and limit the discussions please?

To StonedCachers: It appears that you are somewhat new to these forums. Please make sure you read the guidelines posted at the top for information about what you can/cannot post when dealing with tracking. (You've mentioned that they may not be trackable, which means that you cannot discuss them here if they are not).

- FSM

I can't help myself Pasta Pal, I'm patrolling. I wanted to point out that the guideline #1 of the geocoin guidelines is:

Design Considerations:

1. The final design of each geocoin must be approved by Groundspeak prior to production. Designs must be family friendly and may not include modified versions of the geocaching.com logo.

Somehow, marijuana doesn't strike me as being family friendly.

Also, when it comes to trade items:

We say no to drugs, weapons, explosives and food in caches.

I strongly suggest you come up with a better idea.

Edited by Eartha

I agree, All I want to talk about is the coin as I posted earlier today.......

As for what I said, I said Tracking or not threre will be a coin, but since my goal is to have the coin trackable, I feel I should be able to talk about it here. Most people talking about coins they are GOING to make or are in the middle of making, also cannot prove at the time they have tracking, or are going to. I have already stated that YES I DO want tracking IF at all possible. And mearly stated the coin is comming out anyways if the tracking is not possible, if you ask me, it sounds like the tracking option ball is in your court :laughing:

And please DO close this thread down, I'm sure my coin would sell out. and I know people are not responsible enuff to SHUT UP, as I asked before... I only want people who want the coin to reply.. And then someone keeps going... I'm sorry I tryed to keep perspective, But I guess cause I'm a geo-newb or I'm not an admin, people feel they don't have to respect my wishes.. So be it.. But Don't point your finger at me, I was trying to dissarm the situation..

Anywas, This thread is CLOSED.

Thanks to all the people who's maturity contributed to the closing of the thread. For all those interested in the coin, Watch for a new thread once the coins are done. And I don't want ANYTHING but Yes I'll buy X amount of coin(s) when the new thread opens. Thanks to everyone who didn't step out of line.. But I think we were out numberd by the immature people.

And if it's so wrong, why was I told the artwork would be conciderd, and not just "No"?

I'm sure you can't put booze in a cache too.. But there are many booze coins out..

And I have seen MANY modifications of the geocaching.com logo on MANY coins.

I'm sure they are guidlines more than they are rules.

I don't like the USA, For many vaild reasons, does that meen I'm allowed to pick your heritage apart?

I don't want your opinion, I want to know if you want some coins. Grow up and get over yourself.

Edited by StonedCachers

Closing this thread by request of hte OP via email.

BUT - let me say this to the OP: Please don't open a new thread if you don't want an open discussion. We are not here to enforce what you would LIKE to have posted in these forums - jsut want is ALLOWED to be posted in these forums.

Since you are a self-proclaimed "newbie" let me offer some helpful advice:

1) Expect opinions on whatever topic you post - that's just the way things go

2) You can expect things to go a bit off-topic but we (moderators) will try our best to help you keep thinigs on-topic

3) Don't ask for a thread to be closed and then take parting shots that nobody can respond to ("I don't like the USA...." "grow up and get over yourself") - it won;t make you any friends.

It appears that you have read the coin design guidelines - thank you. And you are in contact with Bryan who will make the final decision on what is/isn't allowed.

Please also read the Forum Guidelines that details genral rules about respect, etc.

As mentioned - if hte coin will be trackable on THIS site and you wish to sell it, feel free to open a new thread when the time comes.

Thank you.