Explorist 210 EU Firmware Update

I received an Explorist 210 for Christmas and am still learning all of the ins and outs and quirks. I have 2 questions regarding the latest 210 firmware upgrade. I've seen several posts that touch on the topic, but it's difficult to pull them all together to make a thoughtful decision. Thus, this post.

1. First of all, is it possible to upgrade a North American unit with the EU update (i.e v 3.2.53).

2. If possible, is it recommended? What would be the benefit? Are there any special considerations?

I've done but there really is no reason to if you're still getting acquainted with your unit. The new screens are awfully redundant; in fact, I disabled most of the new ones. I recommend you master your unit then update with the North American firmware when it becomes available. I suspect they are doing a mass beta test with the European update anyway before they release a bug free NA version.

Edited by Meckers

No real downside except if you do discover bugs or quirks (see my posts in "Explorist 600 and loc files") you'll automatically think it's because you loaded the taboo European firmware on your North American unit (and maybe it is, hence my suspicion of a huge beta test).

I might add that I don't see any improvement in satellite acquisition but I'm in the minority.

Considering the units are both identical, other than a metric default on the Euro unit and Imperial on the NA.....

WAAS and EGNOS are both the same thing (different implementations of WADGPS) and are handled the same by the unit. Even Japans' MSAS is picked up here in Australia as WAAS on my unit

Shouldn't affect your unit in any way. Make sure to clear ALL data fro mthe GPS unit, as many have stated this is the main cause for the bugs and quirks