The Search

lakeuk

Just seen an advert for a new show on Channel4 that starts Sunday called 'The Search', it looks like a UK version on the US show 'Treasure Hunters' which I found quite good and gave me a few ideas for caches, so this maybe worth watching:

Showtimes are :-

Sunday 07/01/2007 at 21:00

Someone at Channel 4 has clearly got a childlike love of treasure hunts. After Tony Robinson romped around the British Museum in Codex, here we have something on a bigger scale - much bigger. Jamie Theakston has hidden seven secret symbols in seven countries and he's got ten photogenic contestants on the hunt for them. Only a brief taster tape was available but it looks like an agreeable, semiintellectual caper. Whereas in Codex part of the fun was trying to crack the code before the dimwitted contestants did, here it doesn't look like there'll be the same play-along factor. In fact, the whole thing feels less about breaking a "web of cyphers and codes" and more about women in tight clothing climbing rope ladders and running up spiral staircases. Which, for the kind of Da Vinci Code fanbase this is aimed at, can only increase its appeal. RT reviewer - David Butcher

Saturday 13/01/2007 at 17:40

Global treasure hunt entertainment series presented by Jamie Theakston. The contestants take in Venice, Florence and Pisa, cracking codes and unravelling mysteries in the hope of winning 50,000 pounds in buried treasure.

Sunday 14/01/2007 at 21:00

Global treasure hunt entertainment series presented by Jamie Theakston. The contestants crack codes and unravel clues at Notre Dame de Paris, Notre Dame de Chartres and the Citadel of Carcassonne.

I went for an interview for The Search at Princess Productions in London during August, I think. I mean I know I went, I'm just not sure if it wasn't late July :lol:

They said they'd call me but they never did, the swines!

Looking forward to seeing what I missed out on :lol:

If you told them about caching they may of thought you had an unfair advantage :lol:

The Best of Top Gear on BBC2 at the same time was a bit too absorbing. I might catch The Search next week, or if it's repeated... :)

I had to miss "The Search"

I thought the best of Top Gear was on at 8 (as usual) so I taped that followed by Waking The Dead at 9. Got in from the pub to find I'd taped Ray Mears instead of Top Gear and then managed to tape over the first 20 mins of Waking the Dead with Damon Albarns new band on BBC2!!!! Doh!!!! :);):(

Edited by Nediam