Why was my topic deleted?

HummerH1

I have had a controversial topic running for several days the subject of which was "Why GeoCoins" On the GeoCoins forum. This topic was suddenly deleted. Why was that?

It seems to me that the selling and trading of GeoCoins has nothing to do with GeoCaching, the only cashing to be done is by those selling the coins. There are even some selling coins to so claiming they need the money to pay for vet bills for a horse. I personally would question how legit this sale is along with the cancer begging posts.

I would ask the owner of this site to investigate this subject as it is in danger of bringing our sport into disrepute .

I can understand the coins if they are used as Travel Bugs, but not the collection of them or sale of them, this is only encouraging the theft of any coins that are left in caches.

There is clearly a lot of profit to be made out of a cheaply made coin that probably cost cents to make that are being sold for many dollars. I know that this is a free society, but it's not GeoCaching. GeoCoins should be on a completely different site.

Again, I would ask the owner of the site to comment rather than just delete this topic, if deleted I assume that there is something to hide.

HummerH1

They don't delete threads that are that long and involved, I don't think. If there is a problem, they just close it but you can still see it there.

The few times that they delete threads are ones that have only a post or two and have extremely bad material in them by a troll or sock puppet. Even soft furry things can be bad, you know. We just don't need to see it. :laughing:

There is clearly a lot of profit to be made out of a cheaply made coin that probably cost cents to make that are being sold for many dollars.

HummerH1

Could you please provide us with the info on where we can get coins minted for "cents"? I've been wanting to have one made, but it's a little pricey...Thanks!! And if it works out, I will send you one gratis, not for "many" dollars... :laughing: