New Mapping option for Australian Geocache listings?

AussieCacher

:laughing: I have posted a suggestion about an Option that everyone should want added to Australia geocache listings. We've been using it over here in the US for a while but Australia has been left out of the loop until now. Google Maps now cover Australia which should make browsing for geocaches so much easier. Google Maps is just as good if not better then your UBD plus it has a satellite overlay. When I was back home in Sydney last October I noticed the missing option. Here is the post that we need some good feedback on to get the option added.

New Option for Australian geocache listings?

Not sure what you on about.

The current option of using Geocaching.com Google Maps apprear to do the same as what you describe.

What is the difference?

It's not the same. In the US listings you can click the link on a listing and a map then a google map/satellite photo will appear with all surrounding caches inside a webview. In Australia in the same link it just puts a map of Australia with no detail on the page., no raods, no anything its just a map of Australia? I think I know what your talking about...the Google Maps button down further down the page? That just shows the location of that single cache with an arrow. The Option on the US listings will show all cahes and list them all on the right hand side and on the map. As you move the Map any direction it's populated with any caches on the page. Here is the different...

Google Maps button that shows the cache in Australia that your talking about...

Australian Google Map with single cache(arrow)

US mapping with multiple caches

Can you seen the difference?

As far as I can tell clicking on the "Geocaching.com Google Map" link brings up the same sort of detail for Aussie caches as it does for US ones.

The only difference I can see is that the US caches have a image and link up near the waypoint download area that opens a map in that window/tab, not a new one.

We get the same as you do in the States. We can get the map with a single cache or a map with multiple caches and they are numbered on the right hand side and you can click on them to go to the cache info. We have been using these for several months now.

Its not the same.there is no link from the cache page showing all caches on the one page. You can do it but you have to go to a US cache then scroll to Australia and zoom in. There is no single link on an Australia cache listing that will show you what we see in the US. Go to the posting on the other page and it might make more sence...

We get the same as you do in the States. We can get the map with a single cache or a map with multiple caches and they are numbered on the right hand side and you can click on them to go to the cache info. We have been using these for several months now.

Its not the same.there is no link from the cache page showing all caches on the one page. You can do it but you have to go to a US cache then scroll to Australia and zoom in. There is no single link on an Australia cache listing that will show you what we see in the US. Go to the posting on the other page and it might make more sence...

We can go to any cache web page of an AUSTRALIAN cache and on that page under the list of "for on-line maps" there is an option called "Geocaching.com Google Map" and this will give you a Google Map page with all the caches near to the cache whose page you have been viewing AND it looks like map 5 of the ones on your other listing. It has the list of the caches on the right and you can click on them to go to their web pages. I think that is what you are saying, and if it is, we started using it a few weeks ago. I wish I knew/had a program to cut a page so I could show you to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

Edited by Sunshine Toledo