Golden State Geocoin (Pre-Order)

Dr. Whoever

GOLDEN STATE GEOCOIN

The is a Pre-Order. The coins were shipped today and will be in hand on or around the 15th of January.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY PAYMENTS YET

UPDATE: COINS HERE TUESDAY..If no issues at Customs

See the pictures and description below and send an interest e-mail. I will keep clear records and start the sales when the coins are in hand.

19efd84e-67e3-42e0-8aa2-988a9fddf528.jpg

71f56d1d-cd38-49bd-8347-897d44043a38.jpg

COIN PRICE AND SHIPPING:

WORLDWIDE: $6.99 per coin (Antique Gold or Antique Copper)

USA SHIPPING: $1.50 First Coin; $0.50 each additional coin.

WORLDWIDE SHIPPING: $2.95 First Coin; $0.65 each additional coin.

COIN STATS:

Size: 1.75” x 1.42” Custom Design

Thickness: 3.5 mm coin

Metal & Quantity: 125 Antique Copper, 125 Antique Gold (30 Shiny Gold and 20 Shiny Copper LE’s & XLE’s NOT FOR SALE)

Trackable: Yes, www.geocaching.com

Icon: Yes, Golden State with a Compass Point

Activation Codes: Inserted in the packaging

Unique Features: 3-D Front Side depicting the California Landscape with Compass Points at Cache Heavy Zones, Back Side 2-D Imitation Hard Enamel with Gritty Finish (Beautiful !!)

PRE-ORDER email INFORMATION:

If you are interested in reserving, please send an email to: canningcastle@charter.net

Subject: Golden State Geocoins

(Copy and paste this into the email)

Geo Nick:

Paypal Email:

Contact Email Address:

Quantity Per Metal:

Edited by Castle Man

I missed this thread the other day.

Given that we already have an "official" state coin, and have for the past 3 years, as well as another California coin that was designed and sold this year (along with the designs for the 2007 coin already being thrown around) I am really surprised to see this coin.

The other California coins (run by Dillion Gang) have always been a group effort and collaborative with the folks in here who buy coins (wiht heaviest weight given those in CA).

It saddens me to see yet another coin come out that somewhat represents an area when:

A) There is already one (and "another" version), and

:D It's done by a single person

Given that we already have an "official" state coin, and have for the past 3 years, as well as another California coin that was designed and sold this year (along with the designs for the 2007 coin already being thrown around) I am really surprised to see this coin.

The other California coins (run by Dillion Gang) have always been a group effort and collaborative with the folks in here who buy coins (wiht heaviest weight given those in CA).

It saddens me to see yet another coin come out that somewhat represents an area when:

This is not a California 2007 Geocoin. Not an "official" state coin. Not a competition against the very nice Dillon Gang or the other California geocoin. This is just a Geocoin. Trackable with a unique icon and for anyone to enjoy and add to their collection. I was unaware that it took a collaberative effort in order for a geocoin to be accepted. Hmmm, better stop making them I suppose. Thank you so much for your kind words. I knew I could count on someone for those.

IMO, if a coin that represents a geographic area like a state that is not done by a group of cachers like an association or similar, then the coin should be clearly labeled as a personal coin. I think the tracking prefixes like CA, TX, etc should be reserved for group coins as well. My $ .02

IMO, if a coin that represents a geographic area like a state that is not done by a group of cachers like an association or similar, then the coin should be clearly labeled as a personal coin. I think the tracking prefixes like CA, TX, etc should be reserved for group coins as well. My $ .02

This is a PC Coin. Just thinking it might be a nice coin.....it's a nice state and a great place to geocache....and I live here. Guess that makes it good, eh?

This is not a California 2007 Geocoin. Not an "official" state coin. Not a competition against the very nice Dillon Gang or the other California geocoin. This is just a Geocoin. Trackable with a unique icon and for anyone to enjoy and add to their collection. I was unaware that it took a collaberative effort in order for a geocoin to be accepted. Hmmm, better stop making them I suppose. Thank you so much for your kind words. I knew I could count on someone for those.

First of all, there is no need to yell.

Second, thanks for the sarcasm.

Third, when you do something like this (make a coin in the shape of the state of California) how are people not supposed to think it represents the state??

You had to know that somebody would say something - I'm fine with it being me. I occasionally get told that I'm being rude, but I was merely expressing my thoughts and feelings about the coin. Let's be clear about where the sarcasm and snarkiness is coming from in this thread.

There will be plenty of people who will buy this coin (and everything else that comes out) so don't let my one opinion keep you up at night.

First of all, there is no need to yell.

Second, thanks for the sarcasm.

Third, when you do something like this (make a coin in the shape of the state of California) how are people not supposed to think it represents the state??

You had to know that somebody would say something - I'm fine with it being me. I occasionally get told that I'm being rude, but I was merely expressing my thoughts and feelings about the coin. Let's be clear about where the sarcasm and snarkiness is coming from in this thread.

There will be plenty of people who will buy this coin (and everything else that comes out) so don't let my one opinion keep you up at night.

Thank You for your opinion. Hopefully every cacher will see that this has been done not as a big money making and profit venture and not to compete or step on toes. I'm not interested in any gains on this. Breaking even? Now that's more like it. This was done for fun and to offer reasonably priced coins. Hopefully inducing a little travel out of some and not just stuck in collections. I have seen numerous threads with bashing over prices and wanted to avoid that. This coin has accomplished all of those requirements. even you have to agree with that. Tell me how often you see a 1.75", 3-D, trackable with icon coin going for $6.99? Not very often. So with that putting this to rest I will sleep tonight. :D

.... Hopefully every cacher will see that this has been done not as a big money making and profit venture and not to compete or step on toes. I'm not interested in any gains on this. Breaking even? Now that's more like it. This was done for fun and to offer reasonably priced coins. Hopefully inducing a little travel out of some and not just stuck in collections. I have seen numerous threads with bashing over prices and wanted to avoid that. This coin has accomplished all of those requirements. even you have to agree with that. Tell me how often you see a 1.75", 3-D, trackable with icon coin going for $6.99? Not very often. So with that putting this to rest I will sleep tonight. :D

You know, I never thought much about "What the coin represents" further than, as Castleman put it, this is super cool trackable 3-D coin that's cheap. I'm saving them for traveling outside CA. I remember the first coin I found in a cache, it was an Anthus coin. I thought how cool is this! I read a log yesterday from a couple who've been caching for awhile and found their first coin and they sounded pretty excited about it. I want to put more coins out but they are getting sooo pricey. This fit my requirements.

Kealia, I have seen you post your concerns regarding this subject quite often and I wonder if TPTB could address them. They are legitimate concerns and I know many people support them. Perhaps, a different thread to "take a pulse" could be started, or a definitive answer could be had from TPTB. I have to wonder why they haven't addressed it yet.

Cheers,

nooks

I can answer that for you nooks. TPTB are making money off of the codes, they don't care as long as they get the check. It's business to them, plain and simple. I think it's sad, but they've made it pretty clear that they're not going to get involved, so as long as people keeping buying every coin that comes out, people will continue to make them, and the codes will continue to be purchased, and TPTB will continue to sell them.

I can answer that for you nooks. TPTB are making money off of the codes, they don't care as long as they get the check. It's business to them, plain and simple. I think it's sad, but they've made it pretty clear that they're not going to get involved, so as long as people keeping buying every coin that comes out, people will continue to make them, and the codes will continue to be purchased, and TPTB will continue to sell them.

I don't want to hijack Castlemans, thread, so I'll start another one to pursue some ideas.

Good luck, Castleman!

Cheers,

nooks

Ok, I feel I have to put my 2 cents in about this for I too was raked through the coals for making a geocoin that simply reflected my pride and love for this great state I reside in, California. I believe if someone makes a personal geocoin that makes them happy, promotes and reflects the great sport of geocaching in a positive light, then let them be. I saw this coin today in person and its a beautiful, well made, and an affordable coin that I plan to buy a handful of to place in caches that I hope will travel the world and show everyone else just how unique and special California really is.

However, there is now a bigger issue that has arose that has truly saddens me. I learned today that the originator of this thread has been placed on a three (3) day suspension for simply responding to a negative post. I reviewed the post and saw nothing that would warrant such a response. To take the making of a geocoin which should be a happy and exciting event and turn it into a negative and punishing event seems unfair at least. It would appear that there may be some other motive for such a reaction that I would like to know about so I don't make the same mistake and suffer the same fate as Castle Man.

Just my opinion,

Lakerfan559

Please keep your opinion out of this. What you brought to light was handled off these boards before your post.

You were not part of the discussions/emails/PMs so you are in no place to make assumptions about what may or may not have gotten somebody suspended for a few days.

Your speculation/misinformation will do nothing but cause further negative posts.

Let's return this discussion to the topic of the coin sale.

I learned today that the originator of this thread has been placed on a three (3) day suspension ....

Well, this explains why he never responded to my question. I wonder if there is a way for people to be informed when this happens. If he couldn't get on the forums, then he probably couldn't PM me, either.

Well, at least I know he wasn't ignoring me :laughing:

Cheers,

nooks

Edited by nooks