Etrex accuracy help

TeamKLT

I just got a Venture Etrex CX. Played with in for a while and noticed it was drifting a bit at times.

After reading the forums I came across the following

I love mine, but update the firmware to v2.6 as soon as you get the unit, wether it is the Legend or Venture. If you do it before you turn it on outside, you'll not experience the accuracy problems we faced with v2.5,

Now that I turned mine on outside, how can I improve the accuracy?

Thanks,

TeamKLT

You can go to Garmins site to download the "Web Updater" software or go to the specific unit in "Additional Software and Downloads". There is a change log to show what features have been added or which bugs have been fixed. I updated mt Legend Cx last week, however even with the noted improvement in the handling of WAAS signals, I haven't noted any great improvement.

Under System setup ensure that WAAS is turned on. This alone should improve your accuracy. Note that enabling WAAS will impact battery life, though through informal tested, I haven't seen much difference.

Edited by lost4good_pa

I got a Garmin Venture for Christmas. When I received it I updated the firmware to v2.6. I've found 14 caches so far, and I've pretty much walked right up to every one of them. On most the Venture has led me either right to the cache or within 2-3 feet of the cache. Maybe I've just been lucky so far.

I got a Garmin Venture for Christmas. When I received it I updated the firmware to v2.6. I've found 14 caches so far, and I've pretty much walked right up to every one of them. On most the Venture has led me either right to the cache or within 2-3 feet of the cache. Maybe I've just been lucky so far.

I think you've just been lucky because even with my 60CSx under dense woods it'll bounce and wander a little. Happy caching!