Urban Caching

instafar

Geocaching is a diverse environment. We have within our ranks many enlightened, ingenious and inspired hiders, creating some very kewl hides. Because of our diversity, we also have within our ranks many "uninspired" hiders. (kindest word I could think of) As long as these uninspired hiders continue to play this game, there will be lame hides. For my particular geographic location, uninspired hiders seem to gravitate toward film canisters in boring spots such as Wally World parking lots or Burger King shrubbery. That doesn't mean that a film canister, hidden in an urban environment must be lame, it just means the odds are pretty good.

These sad little caches do serve a greater good, in that they make number caching possible. A numbers run can get bogged down if the seekers have to rub a couple brain cells together to find a cache. Can't have that! I don't accept the theory that any cache, (even a stinker), is better than no cache. This theory wreaks havoc on the time honored axiom of "Effort = Reward".

Geocaching is a diverse environment. We have within our ranks many enlightened, ingenious and inspired hiders, creating some very kewl hides. Because of our diversity, we also have within our ranks many "uninspired" hiders. (kindest word I could think of) As long as these uninspired hiders continue to play this game, there will be lame hides. For my particular geographic location, uninspired hiders seem to gravitate toward film canisters in boring spots such as Wally World parking lots or Burger King shrubbery. That doesn't mean that a film canister, hidden in an urban environment must be lame, it just means the odds are pretty good.

These sad little caches do serve a greater good, in that they make number caching possible. A numbers run can get bogged down if the seekers have to rub a couple brain cells together to find a cache. Can't have that! I don't accept the theory that any cache, (even a stinker), is better than no cache. This theory wreaks havoc on the time honored axiom of "Effort = Reward".

I couldn't agree more! :)
... Because of our diversity, we also have within our ranks many "uninspired" hiders. (kindest word I could think of) As long as these uninspired hiders continue to play this game, there will be lame hides. ...

These sad little caches do serve a greater good, in that they make number caching possible. A numbers run can get bogged down if the seekers have to rub a couple brain cells together to find a cache. ...

Let me get this straight. I'm the rude one? :)

You know, you are assuming the rest of the caching world thinks like you..

Thankfully they don't. If you do not want to find a cache in a parking lot, you rub your braincells together and click on that little map right there on your screen in front of your eyes and see that it's not in a gren space, it's in a grey space.. Don't go to it. Find one in a green space if that is what you want. Or you can rub your two braincells together and see that not everyone thinks like you do, and to LOTS of us, that film canister under the light post flashing is just as fun and good as a small rubbermaid container behind the tree under the rock.

Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't meen it's wrong.. I don't like G. W. Bush. But but for some reason everyone voted for him. Maybe I'm wrong? lol ya right.

Edited by StonedCachers
... Because of our diversity, we also have within our ranks many "uninspired" hiders. (kindest word I could think of) As long as these uninspired hiders continue to play this game, there will be lame hides. ...

These sad little caches do serve a greater good, in that they make number caching possible. A numbers run can get bogged down if the seekers have to rub a couple brain cells together to find a cache. ...

You were rude to me. You were also rude to all the cachers in your area that hide caches under sticks.....

You were rude to me. You were also rude to all the cachers in your area that hide caches under sticks.....

Are you sure that you don't fall into the victim role a bit too easily?

Are you sure that you don't fall into the victim role a bit too easily?

What the heck are you talking about? Edited by TrailGators

From the forum guidelines:

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

Also please review:

Some things to keep in mind when posting:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

If you guys want to continue this dialogue, take it to PM.

Thanks.

You know, have you ever thought that people like to hide and find caches in a parkinglot?

Did you know there's prolly a park not far away we could put it in? we are not unimaginitive, this is what we like. It is just as easy to think or do. Put in under a rock or stick, put it under light flashing, park, parking lot. they are all the same, all close to one another. Maybe we prefer the cement sometimes? Or maybe we just like the fact that they are usualy out in the open, so you have to be real stelthy, or imaginitive and make it look like your doing somehting else..

Open the map, use your brain, don't do parking lots if you don't like them, stop complaing.

It is obvious people like these types of caches cause they are there and people frequent them (usualy more often than regular caches).

there is a park/greenspace not far from your parkinglot I assure you we could have placed it at. But no, here is the spot, if you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be cahcing? Or atleast not complaing about it.

Edited by StonedCachers

Caches in parking lots can be creative. I have seen some awesome cammo in parking lots. A person that throws a plain film cannister under a lamp post cover in a parking lot is putting the least amount of effort that you can possibly put into a cache placement.

So let's get back on topic and try to answer the OPs question:

"How do we get cache placers to put a little effort into where and why they are hiding a cache?"

Edited by TrailGators
... So let's get back on topic and try to answer the OPs question:

"How do we get cache placers to put a little effort into where and why they are hiding a cache?"

What if the light pole hide was exactly what they were going for? If so, the hypothetical hider would be placing exactly the right amount of effort into the hide.

A better question might be "How do we use the tools available to us to target those caches that we will like or, conversely, avoid those caches that we will not like?"

What if the light pole hide was exactly what they were going for? If so, the hypothetical hider would be placing exactly the right amount of effort into the hide.

A better question might be "How do we use the tools available to us to target those caches that we will like or, conversely, avoid those caches that we will not like?"

We talked about this in depth already. There is no way to do it without wasting a lot of time. We could have lamp post attribute and a guard rail attribute. The attributes could be hidden but be used to allow PQs to filter them out. Edited by TrailGators

I've seen four PLCs that were... interesting.

one was a "small" container hidden inside a tube.

two were camo'ed eletrical thangs.

and the third was a camo'ed box painted to match the surrounding area.

None of them were "booring" plcs. all of them were fun to find. I even got asked for a hint for one of them because the hunter saw that I had found it without a gps unit.

Now, I like the bigger caches. Nothing smaller than a "small" cache cause I like trades. I don't like micros in general, but sweet hides like the ones above were good.

And one of those was my very first FTF. The weather almost made me give up because it had frosted itself into the ground. LOL

I've seen four PLCs that were... interesting.

one was a "small" container hidden inside a tube.

two were camo'ed eletrical thangs.

and the third was a camo'ed box painted to match the surrounding area.

None of them were "booring" plcs. all of them were fun to find. I even got asked for a hint for one of them because the hunter saw that I had found it without a gps unit.

There are some good ones out there because some people put a little more effort into them to make them more fun! :) Wouldn't it be great if everyone did that? :blink: Edited by TrailGators

Besides, as I said above, it takes no more effort or brain power to put it in the park across the street. Both are easy both take the same planing and procedure. I don't see what your argument is.

And like I said, if you don't like them, don't do them.

Edited by StonedCachers
If everyone did that, everyone would be hiding caches like they would like to find.
No, if we did that then everyone would be hiding caches that more people would like to find. That is the point. How can I make this cache more enjoyable for more people?

What about all those people who claim to like these caches that you would do away with? Those people are enjoying themselves right now. (Literally, right now, in some cases.)

Is it your position that you know what those people enjoy better than they do?

Besides, as I said above, it takes no more effort or brain power to put it in the park across the street. Both are easy both take the same planing and procedure. I don't see what your argument is.

I already said that I've had to stop urban caching. It is obvious that to you all caches are the same. Maybe that's because you have never had the fortune of finding a clever creative cache that is a lot more fun to find. Anyhow, that is too bad. You should try finding some of those. Until you do, I will never get you to understand what we are talking about.
... Maybe that's because you have never had the fortune of finding a clever creative cache that is a lot more fun to find. Anyhow, that is too bad. You should try finding some of those. Until you do, I will never get you to understand what we are talking about.
I've found a couple of caches, here and there. Perhaps you could explain it to me.
If everyone did that, everyone would be hiding caches like they would like to find.
No, if we did that then everyone would be hiding caches that more people would like to find. That is the point. How can I make this cache more enjoyable for more people?

What about all those people who claim to like these caches that you would do away with? Those people are enjoying themselves right now. (Literally, right now, in some cases.)

Maybe you also need to go out find some better caches to understand what I am talking about. I found a great urban last night! :) You seem jaded to the point that you don't believe that there are better caches out there. When I say better I mean the majority of people would agree that they are better. However, if you do believe it. Think about what makes caches better or worse. Effort does seem to be the key ingredient.... :blink: Edited by TrailGators

We talked about this in depth already. There is no way to do it without wasting a lot of time. We could have lamp post attribute and a guard rail attribute. The attributes could be hidden but be used to allow PQs to filter them out.

If TPTB created a Park and Grab or [p]Parking Lot[/b] attribute, filtering them out would be far easier.

You know, you are assuming the rest of the caching world thinks like you..

Thankfully they don't. If you do not want to find a cache in a parking lot, you rub your braincells together and click on that little map right there on your screen in front of your eyes and see that it's not in a gren space, it's in a grey space.. Don't go to it. Find one in a green space if that is what you want. Or you can rub your two braincells together and see that not everyone thinks like you do, and to LOTS of us, that film canister under the light post flashing is just as fun and good as a small rubbermaid container behind the tree under the rock.

You're missing the point entirely. Many of us dislike parking lot caches, and actively filter them out. We may not like parking lot caches, but we do have the right to discuss them in this forum. Quit trying to silence the opposing view.

You know, have you ever thought that people like to hide and find caches in a parkinglot?

You're absolutely right, that is why there are cachers with over 10,000 finds.

Open the map, use your brain, don't do parking lots if you don't like them, stop complaing. It is obvious people like these types of caches cause they are there and people frequent them (usualy more often than regular caches).

That is because geocaching has evolved into a sport for everyone. Sadly, caches filled with quality trade items, that take you to scenic wonders routinely get passed over for lightpoles. In essence quality caches requiring physical effort get few visits.

there is a park/greenspace not far from your parkinglot I assure you we could have placed it at. But no, here is the spot, if you can't handle it, maybe you shouldn't be cahcing? Or atleast not complaing about it.

Again, quit trying to silence the majority.

A good cacher who places a regular sized cache, in a park, spends more time and effort finding the right container, and looking for the best hiding spot. They need to ensure the cache will not be discovered by non-cachers. A "parking lot cacher" who hides a cache under a lamppost covers need only lift the cover, and place the free 35mm canister underneath. Now that takes real effort.

We don't hunt them, but we shouldn't have to spend so much time filtering them out. Edited by Kit Fox

Hahaha, yeah what is this Geo-Caching you are talking about..

Look pal.. Who are you to assume anything about anyone? You don't know us. We could have hunted many clever caches, many greenspace caches, and many grey as well. you don't know..

Maybe we should banish greenspace caches to a diffrent website or something?

I've got some valid reasons...

I Have to wear boots cause they trail is dirt/mud.

I have to clean my feet before I get back in my car.

I'm walking into a greenspace alone (sometimes at night).

Sometimes I might have to hike or climb.

Sometimes the terrain is rough and you could fall or slip. break something or die. sue the website.

I'm constantly destroying nature evertime I take a step off the beaten path.

Green areas change fast and constantly, in a couple of months the place won't look the same, and your cache could get burried.

You could be walking the greenspace and someone steals your car.

You could in the greenspace and a tree could fall on you (and yes it would make a sound)

The fact is, people like it anyways. and so do I.. Don't bring up rediculas reasons why you don't like it.. Not everyone thinks like you. as much as you don't like it, I and MANY others... Looks like more people like them than don't.. Do like it.

That being said, I don't know what you're complaining about, just don't do them.. You arn't going to stop people from placing them. Does it honestly bother you that much just knowing they are there? Just ignore them, don't do them. And again DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM. They are there, and the fact that YOU don't like them (despite fact that more people like them than not) is not going to stop people from placing them there. Any moron could figure that one out. someone should prolly close this thread cause it's obviously irellivant.

Maybe you also need to go out find some better caches to understand what I am talking about. I found a great urban last night! :) You seem jaded to the point that you don't believe that there are better caches out there. When I say better I mean the majority of people would agree that they are better. However, if you do believe it. Think about what makes caches better or worse. Effort does seem to be the key ingredient.... :blink:
I think you have your logic chip flipped. I'm not the one who thinks that there's a problem.

There is no way that the high numbers cachers (in the 5,000-19,000 range) could have the high numbers without "lame urban caches".

Let it go people. There will always be caches you like and caches you don't like. Realistically, based on what I've observed, many of the most vocal negative posters have pursued "lame urban caches" in order to achieve personal or all-time one day or overall records.

I don't particularly enjoy urban caches. I don't feel comfortable seeking a cache when the chances of being observed are almost assured, but many people LOVE this type of challenge.

As has been noted countless times before, hide what you like and others will follow suit.

Happy caching!

Edited by Trinity's Crew
You're missing the point entirely. Many of us dislike parking lot caches, and actively filter them out. We may not like parking lot caches, but we do have the right to discuss them in this forum. Quit trying to silence the opposing view.
People also have a right to disagree with you. Quit trying to silence their views.
That is because geocaching has evolved into a sport for everyone. Sadly, caches filled with quality trade items, that take you to scenic wonders routinely get passed over for lightpoles. In essence quality caches requiring physical effort get few visits.
Who cares if a cacher chooses to find a 'scenic wonder cache' or a 'lightpole'? How does Joe Cacher's hunting preferences affect you?
Again, quit trying to silence the majority.
Who says that you are in the majority on this issue?
A good cacher who places a regular sized cache, in a park, spends more time and effort finding the right container, and looking for the best hiding spot. They need to ensure the cache will not be discovered by non-cachers. A "parking lot cacher" who hides a cache under a lamppost covers need only lift the cover, and place the free 35mm canister underneath. Now that takes real effort.
There you go, again. You twist the argument by assuming that you are a good cacher and that anyone whose likes differ is not.

So now you're only a good cacher if you place a regular sized cache in a park?

listen buddy, Not every parking lot has light poles with flashing, you thought of that? Not all are under light post flashing, I've found many under signs, bushes, poles, fences. It takes no time to find a tree off the trail throw a contaner on the ground behind it and cover it with some bark.. I still don't see your point, it takes the same effort. There are also many diffrent sizes of micro's ranging from tiny pill capsuls to bigger medication bottles that will fit lots. You have lots to choose from. You also have to wory about people finding it (or not). And as I said before just because you are easily impressed with "sceanic wonders" to me they are just trees. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to bad mouth it. and as long as you do I will defend it. I think you'll find lots of us will. Even people who don't prefer it, are defending it.

Edited by StonedCachers
Like I said before, it is clear many people have no idea how to make a cache enjoyable for a larger cross-section of cachers. If we had some education on ways to make caches that the majority of people would enjoy would you listen? Would you try some of the ideas?
I disagree with your assumption (or presumption). Edited by sbell111

Like I said before, it is clear many people have no idea how to make a cache enjoyable for a larger cross-section of cachers. If we had some education on ways to make caches that the majority of people would enjoy would you listen? Would you try some of the ideas?

For sure, But elimination one area of caching is not the answer, cause it only serves to show that this is what people want, diffrent ppl like difrent things..

Maybe the best cache would be that that starts off in a parking lot that you get the numbers for another location say a park, where you get the location for something else like a lake or a river or mountain or wahtever.

I don't think 1 cache could win over the hearts of every cacher, that's why we have so many diffrent kinds/places.. cause when you're talking about "people" you're talking about a great number of personal beings. The best thing you could possible come up with is everything. and that's what we have :)

Sbell,

I'm through debating with any Staunch Defenders of Lame Caches.

We agree to disagree.

StonedCachers

So now you're only a good cacher if you place a regular sized cache in a park?

You misinterpreted my point. A good cacher who places any type of cache takes the time to scout a good location. They look for areas where their caches will not quickly disappear. They look for places to hide caches with a low probability of "law enforcement encounters" as well as areas where there is no private property issues.

listen buddy, Not every parking lot has light poles with flashing, you thought of that? Not all are under light post flashing

:) I've been to a few parking lots in my 24 years of driving, that is a given.

I've found many under signs, bushes, poles, fences. It takes no time to find a tree off the trail throw a contaner on the ground behind it and cover it with some bark.

Perhaps you should quit assuming that everyone hides caches, near trees with sticks. Some of us elect to camouflage our caches to look like the tree. :blink:

I still don't see your point, it takes the same effort.
It doesn't take the same effort.

There are also many diffrent sizes of micro's ranging from tiny pill capsuls to bigger medication bottles that will fit lots. You have lots to choose from. You also have to wory about people finding it (or not).

The varying size of micros has nothing to do with the quality of caches.

And as I said before just because you are easily impressed with "sceanic wonders" to me they are just trees. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Go ahead and place your first cache in a parking lot. Then compare the number of photos in your cache's gallery against a "Park and Hike" like this cache. There is a reason that most "park and grab" caches don't have a photo gallery, there is nothing worth seeing.

Just because you don't like it doesn't give you the right to bad mouth it. and as long as you do I will defend it. I think you'll find lots of us will. Even people who don't prefer it, are defending it.

Please continue to find the type of caches that "float your boat," or "get you high." I'll continue to find the types of caches that please me.

Edited by Kit Fox

For sure, But elimination one area of caching is not the answer, cause it only serves to show that this is what people want, diffrent ppl like difrent things..

Maybe the best cache would be that that starts off in a parking lot that you get the numbers for another location say a park, where you get the location for something else like a lake or a river or mountain or wahtever.

I don't think 1 cache could win over the hearts of every cacher, that's why we have so many diffrent kinds/places.. cause when you're talking about "people" you're talking about a great number of personal beings. The best thing you could possible come up with is everything. and that's what we have :laughing:

Here is an easy method that I use, "If a TV Crew was doing a documentary on geocaching, would you want to take them to your cache? If the answer is no, then find a better location."

I also hide the kind of caches that I like to find. I pride myself on hiding great caches in great locations, and the "found it" logs speak volumes.

I don't think 1 cache could win over the hearts of every cacher, that's why we have so many diffrent kinds/places.. cause when you're talking about "people" you're talking about a great number of personal beings. The best thing you could possible come up with is everything. and that's what we have :drama:

I never said create a cache that "every" cacher would like. That's impossible. I was just suggesting to learn ways to make a cache that a lot "more" people would enjoy. Each person has creative powers. They just need to use it! :laughing:

I just finnished pointing out, all that applys in a parking lot.

you have choices of container, you have many choices of placment, yes you can even cammo it to look like part of the sign, or part of the fence. Yes it does take the same effort, tell me how it doesn't? just cause it's a parking lot and not a park? you will put just as much effort in to either and you can't prove it to anyone any way. The size totaly does matter, Maybe it is a micro or even regular sized coin exchange hub cache. It needs to be a bit bigger (old pill bottles) or you started it out with coins in it.. Maybe it's a standard micro with just a logbook and a pencil, in this case all you need is a film container, maybe it's got to fit in a crack in the curb, or a notch in a fence/tree. then you can use a pill shaped (micro) micro. You obviously don't know or care to learn that greyspace caching is just as hard/easy as greenspace caching.

Your point/argument is invalid. Please re think your reason and try this argument again or call your mama to help you. This is a recording.

Edited by StonedCachers
... I also hide the kind of caches that I like to find. ...
So do the owners of the caches that you complain about.

At the end of the day, the only standard that anyone should go by when hiding a cache is whether they would like to find it. If you stick to that standard, your cache will be successful.

Edited by sbell111

Here is an easy method that I use, "If a TV Crew was doing a documentary on geocaching, would you want to take them to your cache? If the answer is no, then find a better location."

I also hide the kind of caches that I like to find. I pride myself on hiding great caches in great locations, and the "found it" logs speak volumes.

Well First off, TV is WAY past geocaching. Seccond of all, how many "breath taking awe inspiering wow" spots do you think there is in one town? Chances are people know about it, And to me a story about a film container hidden in the city beats out a ammo box in the woods. To me that place the news crew shows up and films, is just a background. There is no one place on earth you could do a documentry about caching from that would make me say "Wow caching is the best in the world, look at that view" If you want the view, go do virtual caches. People are more interested in the hunt and the find, They want to find and sign the logbook more than they want to take the dollar store item that's in it, or the park in your own town you already knew was there.

Edited by StonedCachers

At the end of the day, the only standard that anyone should go by when hiding a cache is whether they would like to find it. If you stick to that standard, your cache will be successful.

So with that logic, if someone likes finding caches near smelly trash dumpsters, then their smelly trash dumpster cache will be a success..... :laughing: Edited by TrailGators

So with that logic, if someone likes finding caches near smelly trash dumpsters, then their smelly trash dumpster cache will be successful?

Well here's a hint, if you don't want to do a cache near a smelly trash dumpster, don't do it.

I'm not a genious or anything but I'm sure you should be able to figure or if you want to do it or not.

The fact is a parking lot is not a smelly cache dumpster. And if it were I could name a few other caches that are near a dumpster, or worse landfills.

And yes chances are, if enuf people start to like smelly trash dumpster caches, they will pop up.

I suggest deal with the trash or don't go to it. I personaly love smelly trash dumpster caches.

you have choices of container, you have many choices of placment, yes you can even cammo it to look like part of the sign, or part of the fence. Yes it does take the same effort, tell me how it doesn't? just cause it's a parking lot and not a park? you will put just as much effort in to either and you can't prove it to anyone any way. The size totaly does matter, Maybe it is a micro or even regular sized coin exchange hub cache. It needs to be a bit bigger (old pill bottles) or you started it out with coins in it.. Maybe it's a standard micro with just a logbook and a pencil, in this case all you need is a film container, maybe it's got to fit in a crack in the curb, or a notch in a fence/tree. then you can use a pill shaped (micro) micro. You obviously don't know or care to learn that greyspace caching is just as hard/easy as greenspace caching.

Your point/argument is invalid. Please re think your reason and try this argument again or call your mama to help you. This is a recording.

Well here's a hint, if you don't want to do a cache near a smelly trash dumpster, don't do it.

I'm not a genious or anything but I'm sure you should be able to figure or if you want to do it or not.

The fact is a parking lot is not a smelly cache dumpster. And if it were I could name a few other caches that are near a dumpster, or worse landfills.

And yes chances are, if enuf people start to like smelly trash dumpster caches, they will pop up.

I suggest deal with the trash or don't go to it. I personaly love smelly trash dumpster caches.

Since when did you become the geocaching expert, with 20 finds, and a month's worth of caching?

Perhaps you can quit smoking the "green stuff" and start paying attention in English class, so we can decipher what you're actually trying to say. Your spelling is atrocious. :laughing:

Edited by Kit Fox

Perhaps you can quit smoking the "green stuff" and start paying attention in English class, so we can decipher what you're actually trying to say. ;)

ROFLMAO! :laughing::drama::drama::drama:
So with that logic, if someone likes finding caches near smelly trash dumpsters, then their smelly trash dumpster cache will be a success..... :laughing:
Your example is extreme, but yes.

Cacher A hides a cache. Cacher B finds the cache and likes it. Cacher B hides a similar cache.

Since when did you become the geocaching expert, with 20 finds, and a month's worth of caching?

Perhaps you can quit smoking the "green stuff" and start paying attention in English class, so we can decipher what you're actually trying to say. Your spelling is atrocious. :drama:

Perhaps you can take a quick read of the forum guidelines and notice that personal attacks are verboten.
general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.
Edited by sbell111

You know, you had better hope that this is a new account created for a new geocaching group made up of people who've been caching for years.

Cause if it's not, then some newb is making you look like a fool.. lol

Even a half retarded blind deaf mute could understand what I'm saying, and know that it's true.

And because I type fast, ignore typeo's and can't spell every word correct, doesn't meen you are better than me, and most of all doesn't make me wrong.

I suggest you take time and think about how big the caching community actualy is. Not everyone can go off in the woods, some cachers can't even walk. Seams to me a parking lot would be ideal for them.

Some people live in a place where every park already has a cache (and there are not many parks in the town) and the rest is all city. Have you ever been to the lowermainland of british columbia. It's like living in dallas and saying "lets find a green space" not many parks, lots of cachers.

Here we have LOTS of parks and LOTS of greenspace, so most caches are in a "wow test" approved area. That's why I like City ones, they are rare, they are cool, and the "WOW" is there for me more when I think of how many people actualy walked right past this one, some of them every day for years... Unlike the greenspace where it's off the trail in a well hidden spot, where few people would actuly stumble upon it.

They are both great for diffrent reasons. I say all you have to do is look at the little map on the side of your screen when your looking at the cache's webpage and you can tell if it's a green space or if it's paved.

Use your mellon, figure it out. Micro caches in parkinglots are here to stay.

So with that logic, if someone likes finding caches near smelly trash dumpsters, then their smelly trash dumpster cache will be a success..... :laughing:
Your example is extreme, but yes.

Cacher A hides a cache. Cacher B finds the cache and likes it. Cacher B hides a similar cache.

And the proliferation of uninspired/lame caches continue. :drama: The owners of said caches feel no remorse for cheapening the game, because they have "defenders of crap" on their sides, like you.

...Perhaps you can quit smoking the "green stuff" and start paying attention in English class, so we can decipher what you're actually trying to say. Your spelling is atrocious. :drama:
Perhaps you can take a quick read of the forum guidelines and notice that personal attacks are verboten.
general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

It was a suggestion not a personal attack.