Urban Caching

instafar

...I deduce that the main reason this cache gets few visits is because of the note that I posted on the cache page.

In the time it takes to find this cache, you could easily find 50 to 75 parking lot micros. If you don't like bugs, sweat, body-aches, and real danger, stick to "lamp post" caches.

You weren't a marketing major, were you?

Two months before Kit Fox hid his cache I hid this one less than five miles away. While mine is slightly easier to get to I suspect it would meet Kit Fox's definition for a good cache. You may want to compare the attitude it has toward people who might prefer a different type of cache. Frankly, when I saw the comment on Eisen-Faust it certainly turned me off. I still plan on trying to get EMC of Northridge, CA to do the hike with me, just to stick it to Kit Fox.

BTW, Ventura_Kids has never found any of my caches. I don't expect he will. I have hidden a couple of caches (micros in the woods) that refer to the fact that he likes finding similar hides if he can drive his Jeep up to them. I don't understand why Kit Fox hasn't found any of my caches yet. I've even hidden a few where they would likely show up in his PQ or searches for nearby caches. Some are puzzles as well, and I know he likes to do puzzles. I have one puzzle that I was sure he would have found by now. I can only surmise that because the name of that cache is congratulating a cacher with over 11,000 finds that he is boycotting it for promoting the numbers game. If he wants to, he can believe that is the reason I named the cache as I did.

...I deduce that the main reason this cache gets few visits is because of the note that I posted on the cache page.

In the time it takes to find this cache, you could easily find 50 to 75 parking lot micros. If you don't like bugs, sweat, body-aches, and real danger, stick to "lamp post" caches.

You weren't a marketing major, were you?

Two months before Kit Fox hid his cache I hid this one less than five miles away. While mine is slightly easier to get to I suspect it would meet Kit Fox's definition for a good cache. You may want to compare the attitude it has toward people who might prefer a different type of cache. Frankly, when I saw the comment on Eisen-Faust it certainly turned me off. I still plan on trying to get EMC of Northridge, CA to do the hike with me, just to stick it to Kit Fox.

BTW, Ventura_Kids has never found any of my caches. I don't expect he will. I have hidden a couple of caches (micros in the woods) that refer to the fact that he likes finding similar hides if he can drive his Jeep up to them. I don't understand why Kit Fox hasn't found any of my caches yet. I've even hidden a few where they would likely show up in his PQ or searches for nearby caches. Some are puzzles as well, and I know he likes to do puzzles. I have one puzzle that I was sure he would have found by now. I can only surmise that because the name of that cache is congratulating a cacher with over 11,000 finds that he is boycotting it for promoting the numbers game. If he wants to, he can believe that is the reason I named the cache as I did.

I know quite a few numbers people that do hikes like that. I would do your cache and others in that area if it wasn't 2.5 hours away from me. I'd have to plan a long weekend to do those. I'd also have to get a new Adventure Pass since mine just expired. But most the parks down here don't require them anymore unless the park has restroom facilities or something else that needs to be maintained. Anyhow, I agree that the numbers thing splits the game in two groups and affects many people's caching preferences. Edited by TrailGators
I have one puzzle that I was sure he would have found by now. I can only surmise that because the name of that cache is congratulating a cacher with over 11,000 finds that he is boycotting it for promoting the numbers game. If he wants to, he can believe that is the reason I named the cache as I did.

Soon, Marty, I promise that I will find that cache, and congratulate Elin for her accomplishment--which you are quite correct, has absolutely nothing to do with how many finds she has. :D

...Threads requesting this are created pretty frequently. They all go the same way, with posters patiently explaining that there is a difference between type and size...

I used to think that way, but micro's and the hides associated with them do create a lot more angst than the rest. People do think about them differently than the other traditionals.

...Threads requesting this are created pretty frequently. They all go the same way, with posters patiently explaining that there is a difference between type and size...

I used to think that way, but micro's and the hides associated with them do create a lot more angst than the rest. People do think about them differently than the other traditionals.

And there was this today on MSNBC

Several different types of caches exist. Micro caches come in a small form, such as a film canister, Altoids tin or pill container. These tiny caches normally only include a miniature logbook and writing utensil.

So you were actually being serious... Sbell thought you were joking... Edited by TrailGators

He he he... I just proposed to my congressman that all light post skirts be bolted down for public safety. :D:D:D

(edited to let you know I was joking) But I am thinking about it.

TG, I have on my flamethrower armor. Not to worry. :D

Edited by instafar

Just to add my two cents, I live in Brooklyn NY and I like all caches, urban AND rural.

Sure Ammo cans and the like are more fun.

But there are a lot of people in this concrete jungle that don't have cars or don't have too much time on their hands.

That's when these urban micros come in handy.

And I gotta tell you there are some pretty interesting ones here.

There are days, when i am working in Manhattan and am just plain depressed, i look for one nearby and break out to look for it. (don't tell my boss :D )

Its like a midday HIGH! :D

You get back to work, elated and can't wait to log it.

There are plenty of less than great caches, whether urban or not.

And what people are putting into caches these days! :D bubbles, stickers, etc :D

Can you say NOT fun!

but that is another topic.

just take into consideration that a park and grab in a Wal-mart parking lot may not be the most creative, but it may have made someone's day a little bit better.

Cheers from Brooklyn, NY

I've been wanting to find your "lame cache" for quite awhile, I also have several of your brain bender puzzles solved, but have not had the time to go after them. I barely got to 993 finds before heading to Palm Springs, for #1000. My issue with caching is lack of time. My wife has had many projects that require one or two of my days off to finish. That means another weekend is shot for caching. I can't go during the work week, because I dislike long hikes in the dark, especially when I have to get up every morning at 0445 hrs. I actually have over thirty puzzle caches solved in the Conejo Valley (including BETIHEDO BYTUDRUBI), but don't have the time to hunt them. I really need to get out there, because I want to find most of Blig's puzzles before he archives them. I also have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old, so caching most often goes on the back burner. I rather find no caches, than find caches I dislike.

I have vacation in May, and I promise to find some of your caches Marty. I have Congrats EMC Solved, as well as the nearby Busy Beaver Puzzle, and will find them soon. :D

whole day

Edited by Kit Fox

Thanks Kit Fox. I really like this idea.

You have each given me a slightly different viewpoint of these caches (which is the purpose of the forums). A lot to chew on. Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

If you need some other creative logs, check out these! http://loungingatwalden.googlepages.com/RandomLog.html

This cache is one of my all time least favorites. Good-times! Thanks for the fun!

This is my personal favorite log. :D

This cache was ill-conceived and ill-received. A 12-billion dollar satellite system overhead, and this is the best hide you could come up with! TNLNSL!

Those are hilarious! TFTH (Thanks for the humor)!

Thanks Kit Fox. I really like this idea.

You have each given me a slightly different viewpoint of these caches (which is the purpose of the forums). A lot to chew on. Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

If you need some other creative logs, check out these! http://loungingatwalden.googlepages.com/RandomLog.html

This cache is one of my all time least favorites. Good-times! Thanks for the fun!

This is my personal favorite log. :D

This cache was ill-conceived and ill-received. A 12-billion dollar satellite system overhead, and this is the best hide you could come up with! TNLNSL!

Those are hilarious! TFTH (Thanks for the humor)!

I forgot to mention that too! Great site! :D

This cache was mind-numbling boring! I couldn't wait to see what was around the next corner. Cache-on!! :D

Luckily, they are easily sorted out.

I just remembered something this morning that's a good litmus test for how "good" or "bad" a cache is. Whenever, I sit down to log my finds I have a really hard time remembering some of the caches especially if it has been a few days or I found a lot of them. But there are always ones that I remember. So my theory is that my memory seems to always remember the caches that I really enjoyed. Whenever, I compare my memories with other local people memories at events or whatever, we often remember the same caches. I know the credo is that everyone likes different things, but I really feel that there is some common ground. There are caches that almost all of us really enjoy. So my point is why not create an environment that recognizes people that create memorable caches? I know Jeremy has discussed doing this. Right now we have an environment that seems to only recognize people that have found a lot of caches. I am just wondering if all you naysayers would argue that this idea won't work? I honestly can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.....

So you were actually being serious... Sbell thought you were joking...

Serous about micro's being a special case of regular, yes. Sending them to Waymarking. No.

So you were actually being serious... Sbell thought you were joking...

Serous about micro's being a special case of regular, yes. Sending them to Waymarking. No.

I knew the Waymarking part because I know how you feel about Waymarking. :P I agree that they do cause a lot of angst. This is because many of them possess the same qualities that non-wow virtuals had: no swag and no wow.

I just remembered something this morning that's a good litmus test for how "good" or "bad" a cache is. Whenever, I sit down to log my finds I have a really hard time remembering some of the caches especially if it has been a few days or I found a lot of them. But there are always ones that I remember. So my theory is that my memory seems to always remember the caches that I really enjoyed. Whenever, I compare my memories with other local people memories at events or whatever, we often remember the same caches. I know the credo is that everyone likes different things, but I really feel that there is some common ground. There are caches that almost all of us really enjoy. So my point is why not create an environment that recognizes people that create memorable caches? I know Jeremy has discussed doing this. Right now we have an environment that seems to only recognize people that have found a lot of caches. I am just wondering if all you naysayers would argue that this idea won't work? I honestly can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.....

Jeremy's already workin' on it. I can't imagine anyone having strong feeling one way or the other about the issue.

Well, I suppose we could complain, or we could slip out in the middle of the night and do something about it.

:D

My favorite section of your cache page was this:

Lastly, we must be sure that the caches we hide are memorable to the finder and worth their time and expense. Gasoline, parking, and food are just 3 of the expenses a finder must bear. Remember, every time you hide a geocache, you build on your reputation, so you need to decide what kind of character you want to have in the community. When you hide a cache, what do people think? “Wow, another cache, it must be a good one!” or, “Wow, another cache, he must have terrific breath!”

This is exactly what I remind myself before I hide any cache.

Lastly, we must be sure that the caches we hide are memorable to the finder and worth their time and expense. Gasoline, parking, and food are just 3 of the expenses a finder must bear. Remember, every time you hide a geocache, you build on your reputation, so you need to decide what kind of character you want to have in the community. When you hide a cache, what do people think? “Wow, another cache, it must be a good one!” or, “Wow, another cache, he must have terrific breath!”

You also affect the "caching reputation" of your area. Click me. Note the date of the article; things have changed in some of those regions I cited since then, but my sentiments regarding the subject have not.

Edited by drat19

Lastly, we must be sure that the caches we hide are memorable to the finder and worth their time and expense. Gasoline, parking, and food are just 3 of the expenses a finder must bear. Remember, every time you hide a geocache, you build on your reputation, so you need to decide what kind of character you want to have in the community. When you hide a cache, what do people think? "Wow, another cache, it must be a good one!" or, "Wow, another cache, he must have terrific breath!"

You also affect the "caching reputation" of your area. Click me. Note the date of the article; things have changed in some of those regions I cited since then, but my sentiments regarding the subject have not.

Excellent letter drat19! That is exactly how I feel! You get 3 cool dudes for that one! :D:o:D
Well, I suppose we could complain, or we could slip out in the middle of the night and do something about it. :D
Great idea Criminal! I think an education series is what many parts of the country really need! :o:D:P

On what will you educate folks? Your opinions? Caches that promote an agenda are not listable!

We can't reach consensus in a forum, much less declare a set of facts that can be taught!

Well, I suppose we could complain, or we could slip out in the middle of the night and do something about it. :D
Great idea Criminal! I think an education series is what many parts of the country really need! :D:P:D

On what will you educate folks? Your opinions? Caches that promote an agenda are not listable!

We can't reach consensus in a forum, much less declare a set of facts that can be taught!

I don't think cache agendas count. Besides you can always create a counterpoint cache. A scenic tour of town dumpsters and toxic slag zones, or places where so much grease lines the alleys the kids play street hockey in tennish shoes instead of roller blades. I've placed caches inspired by the antics in the forums a few times. Oh and there are 3 watchers on this cache. Much below the Criminal Average. :o

You post a letter saying what kind of cache you like to find (or that you think ALL geocacher like) and procede to complain about areas of the country where the caches you happened to find on your trips weren't the kind of caches you like. If I hid my caches with an eye toward what ALL cachers might think of my cache, not just in terms of "hiding them like I might like to find 'em" I wouldn't have hidden any of my caches. They all require significant hikes, several require solving a difficult puzzle, and some are even micros in the woods. These are the kinds of caches I like to find. My caches get very few visitors. Yet, I notice that a parking lot micro will get lots of visitors and very few of them complain.

You gave Orlando as an example of an area that as a place with EXCELLENT caches. I found a 35mm in a Wal*Mart lamp post there and my first "Off Your Rocker" cache there. Both were memorable hides for me. (The Wal*Mart hide said "it's just standing there with no magnets or velcro". Yet several people noted that they had found the velcro where the cache was attached and some even claimed this as a find. :D ) I also spent one afternoon in Orlando finding a series of caches hidden along a bike trail that included several ammo cans as well as various smaller cantainers some of which were cleverly camouflaged. My point is that every area has a variety of cache types and depending on the time you have to research you can find the kinds of caches you like. If you want to judge areas based on your limited experience caching in an area feel free. You are entitled to an opinion. It isn't going to convince me that the people who hid those caches are somehow having less fun.

I don't think cache agendas count. Besides you can always create a counterpoint cache.

Yeah, that'd be educational...they find one cache that says one thing, the next says something quite different. Call them Forum Caches, maybe, but not educational.

A scenic tour of town dumpsters and toxic slag zones, or places where so much grease lines the alleys the kids play street hockey in tennish shoes instead of roller blades. I've placed caches inspired by the antics in the forums a few times. Oh and there are 3 watchers on this cache. Much below the Criminal Average. :D

I've found a few caches, in a few states, and never seen ONE such as you describe.

I am sure some such exist, but trying to 'educate' people that they represent urban micros is purely promoting your agenda. :D

When all is said and done we will have a system someday that allows the majority to award caches that the "majority" enjoy the most. It is clear from these forums and from almost everyone that I have talked to that a lot of people would love to have this feature. This feature will allow those cachers that are panning for gold some real nuggets no matter where they travel! :D:o:D

another cacher and I found this pne micro - and I mean smaller than my pinkie - today.

So I'm going to confer with that cacher about making a hide just as nasty if not more so just because of how mean that guy was. But I don't think it'll be a micro. That'll be just mean.

Would stating your beliefs constitute an agenda? He's saying, "This is what I like, this is how I think the game should be played"

(pardon the paraphrasing)

I'm not sure that would qualify as an agenda.

Would stating your beliefs constitute an agenda? He's saying, "This is what I like, this is how I think the game should be played"

(pardon the paraphrasing)

I'm not sure that would qualify as an agenda.

The subject is education caches.

Do you want your kid's teachers teaching their opinion?

Teachers should dispense with textbooks and teach what they individually believe?

Of course stating your opinion is promoting your agenda or you wouldn't state it.

Agreed, for the most part, but then teachers are provided a salary to perform a particular service. Criminal isn't getting paid for his "lessons", so I don't think the correlation applies. I'm just not sure this constitutes an agenda. I've got a cache that pokes fun at micros....even though it is a micro. Would that be an agenda? Maybe I'm naive? The reviewer didn't think it violated the "no agenda" guideline, and that's good enough for me. If they change their mind, I have faith that it will go the way of the Do-Do.

I'm tempted to set out a micro at this one park because of the new renovations they've done to it. it is SCREAMING for a cache. I go by it several times a day and I just wanna gotta hafta put a cache there.

I also asked a local cacher if he'd like for me to adopt his cache that has been archived for ages since it was muggled. I have plans if I can get it. bwahahahahaha.

I'm curious - is it possible to say put a small or regular cache near a micro (like within 100 metres)? Someone put a micro near a spot I was eyeing but it is a couple of blocks away walking, but less than 100m as the satelites track. I have permission from the landlord, I'm just trying to figure out the cache style. Small medium or Big Boy. :laughing:

Edited by mamid
I'm tempted to set out a micro at this one park because of the new renovations they've done to it. it is SCREAMING for a cache. I go by it several times a day and I just wanna gotta hafta put a cache there.

I also asked a local cacher if he'd like for me to adopt his cache that has been archived for ages since it was muggled. I have plans if I can get it. bwahahahahaha.

I'm curious - is it possible to say put a small or regular cache near a micro (like within 100 metres)? Someone put a micro near a spot I was eyeing but it is a couple of blocks away walking, but less than 100m as the satelites track. I have permission from the landlord, I'm just trying to figure out the cache style. Small medium or Big Boy. :laughing:

Caches have to be 0.1 miles apart (161 meters) from each other per the guidelines.

On what will you educate folks? Your opinions? Caches that promote an agenda are not listable! We can't reach consensus in a forum, much less declare a set of facts that can be taught!

Would stating your beliefs constitute an agenda? He's saying, "This is what I like, this is how I think the game should be played" (pardon the paraphrasing) I'm not sure that would qualify as an agenda.
The subject is education caches. Do you want your kid's teachers teaching their opinion? Teachers should dispense with textbooks and teach what they individually believe? Of course stating your opinion is promoting your agenda or you wouldn't state it.
I think you are going off the deep end on this. Agenda? :laughing: Criminal has a right to place a cache to show what he thinks is a good cache. It's called leadership by example. We need more leaders like that! :D Edited by TrailGators
Well, I suppose we could complain, or we could slip out in the middle of the night and do something about it. :laughing:
Great idea Criminal! I think an education series is what many parts of the country really need! :D:angry::angry:

I wasn't talking about Criminal's cache, I was talking about TrailGators idea that we should put out a series of educational caches.

Since few of us agree on how to cache it made me wonder what we had to teach beside our own opinions.

Well, I suppose we could complain, or we could slip out in the middle of the night and do something about it. :laughing:
Great idea Criminal! I think an education series is what many parts of the country really need! :D:angry::angry:

I wasn't talking about Criminal's cache, I was talking about TrailGators idea that we should put out a series of educational caches. Since few of us agree on how to cache it made me wonder what we had to teach beside our own opinions.
Criminal's cache is an educational cache. Did you read it? I was suggesting that we put out more just like it. Anyhow, education is teaching somebody something that they don't know for the purpose of enhancing their skills. There are a variety of ways to enhance a cache placement. Making caches with great cammo is a skill.

You post a letter saying what kind of cache you like to find (or that you think ALL geocacher like) and procede to complain about areas of the country where the caches you happened to find on your trips weren't the kind of caches you like. If I hid my caches with an eye toward what ALL cachers might think of my cache, not just in terms of "hiding them like I might like to find 'em" I wouldn't have hidden any of my caches. They all require significant hikes, several require solving a difficult puzzle, and some are even micros in the woods. These are the kinds of caches I like to find. My caches get very few visitors. Yet, I notice that a parking lot micro will get lots of visitors and very few of them complain.

You gave Orlando as an example of an area that as a place with EXCELLENT caches. I found a 35mm in a Wal*Mart lamp post there and my first "Off Your Rocker" cache there. Both were memorable hides for me. (The Wal*Mart hide said "it's just standing there with no magnets or velcro". Yet several people noted that they had found the velcro where the cache was attached and some even claimed this as a find. :laughing: ) I also spent one afternoon in Orlando finding a series of caches hidden along a bike trail that included several ammo cans as well as various smaller cantainers some of which were cleverly camouflaged. My point is that every area has a variety of cache types and depending on the time you have to research you can find the kinds of caches you like. If you want to judge areas based on your limited experience caching in an area feel free. You are entitled to an opinion. It isn't going to convince me that the people who hid those caches are somehow having less fun.

You make some interesting counterpoints (as always).

First of all, I did caveat in my post that things in some of those areas have changed since I first published that letter back in '04 (and you'll also note that I've documented ad nauseum in these forums that I believe that mid'04 was when Micro Spew became unofficially "out of hand" in more than just a few regions).

Second of all, I've also documented in these forums that I've largely admitted defeat to fighting The New Numbers Game...evidently a fair number of people do find it fun to run up their numbers on what *I* (and YMMV!) consider to be less-than-high-quality caches/locations. I will feel free to comment on it, though.

My letter basically asks the question: What reputation do you want your area to have in the caching community? I made the point very clearly that in every one of the areas I cited, there are/were high-quality caches to be found. But that doesn't diminish the fact that the word gets out in the community that "You can go to <name your metro area here> and run up your numbers on Micro Spew." Since '04, the number of "name your metro areas" has grown...all it takes it one or two determined cache hiders to flood an area. (Recent cases in point: Ask the cachers in Rochester, MN, or Erie, PA, certainly not major metros, what their "caching reputations" are among those who have visited and cached them lately.)

As you said, I am entitled to an opinion (as are you). Some folks will agree with it, some folks won't. I can live with that.

Edited by drat19

The only reason there are caches under lamppost skirts, in Wal Mart parking lots, is because many cachers are willing to actively hunt them. They even go so far as to thank the owner for the cache, when they log their find. (My opinion) As long as some cachers have low quality standards, and are willing to find them, the rest of us will have to spend time researching every cache, or using creative pocket queries to weed out said caches.

My "super secret method" for weeding out 99% of lame parking lot caches, is to run pocket queries with a minimum terrain rating of 3 stars.

You can always write a coded "found it log."

If it wasn't for geocaching, I would have never known this parking lot existed.

or

Nice Parking lot.

Thanks for bringing me to your "special spot."

Hey thats great and all...But if you Dislike Urban Caching so much,Why do you do them?

Caches you (Kit Fox) have done:

-BG Tel,the cache description says "You Could Almost Grab it from the Car.

-Rocks Galore (a freeway overpass) and you said "I had to use my geosense to find the cache. Took the Geocoin. Thanks for the cache."

-Del Taco Van Nuys #3 you said "My first Del Taco cache, thanks."

Clearly you are thanking them for the Cache.So why do you try to put down others who do the same?

But im sure you dont mind them as much when they are FTF's right?...

Before you say people who have cached a micro or a nano have "lower Quality standards" think a little harder first.It sounds like you think your better than other cachers,Because you drive 160 miles to a cache...does the distance travelled determine how good of a cacher you are?

Wasnt your first cache called..MLDC micro (GCJTG9)?? with the Description "This cache is practically a "drive-up" micro."What about everyone who thanked you for that Hide?

You gave Orlando as an example of an area that as a place with EXCELLENT caches. I found a 35mm in a Wal*Mart lamp post there and my first "Off Your Rocker" cache there. Both were memorable hides for me. (The Wal*Mart hide said "it's just standing there with no magnets or velcro". Yet several people noted that they had found the velcro where the cache was attached and some even claimed this as a find. :( ) I also spent one afternoon in Orlando finding a series of caches hidden along a bike trail that included several ammo cans as well as various smaller cantainers some of which were cleverly camouflaged. My point is that every area has a variety of cache types and depending on the time you have to research you can find the kinds of caches you like. If you want to judge areas based on your limited experience caching in an area feel free. You are entitled to an opinion. It isn't going to convince me that the people who hid those caches are somehow having less fun.

First of all, I did caveat in my post that things in some of those areas have changed since I first published that letter back in '04 (and you'll also note that I've documented ad nauseum in these forums that I believe that mid'04 was when Micro Spew became unofficially "out of hand" in more than just a few regions).

Second of all, I've also documented in these forums that I've largely admitted defeat to fighting The New Numbers Game...evidently a fair number of people do find it fun to run up their numbers on what *I* (and YMMV!) consider to be less-than-high-quality caches/locations. I will feel free to comment on it, though.

My letter basically asks the question: What reputation do you want your area to have in the caching community? I made the point very clearly that in every one of the areas I cited, there are/were high-quality caches to be found. But that doesn't diminish the fact that the word gets out in the community that "You can go to <name your metro area here> and run up your numbers on Micro Spew." Since '04, the number of "name your metro areas" has grown...all it takes it one or two determined cache hiders to flood an area. (Recent cases in point: Ask the cachers in Rochester, MN, or Erie, PA, certainly not major metros, what their "caching reputations" are among those who have visited and cached them lately.)

As you said, I am entitled to an opinion (as are you). Some folks will agree with it, some folks won't. I can live with that.

And that doesnt stop you from Caching them...Why is that?

-Honey I have to go to Home Depot (GCGZQF)

-Independence Day "Quick Cache and Go" and you had to make sure you got it because "After being unable to approach the ArdenCache cache due to high water, I drove over here for a quick park-n-grab in order to add Delaware to my "states cached" list, which nowstands at 37." A quick Park and grab..isnt that the same thing you Dislike so much?

-WHITE CASTLE (GCHNYJ) "Quick grab once I figured out where to park."

You talk about "Micro Spew" in 04...Yet you cached WELL over 5 dozen Micros that year...if that was the year your letter was "published" why did you do so many Micros?Did you do them even tho you knew you didnt like them?were you caching micros in between drafting your letter?

Also Could it be that you too were responsible for the Micro-Spew? With 21 of your 46 cachings Being Micro sized?(Only 4 remain)

Your Letter really doesnt mean much when you dont practice what you preach.

Its the thrill of the hunt, if it takes you to a great spot, even better.

You gave Orlando as an example of an area that as a place with EXCELLENT caches. I found a 35mm in a Wal*Mart lamp post there and my first "Off Your Rocker" cache there. Both were memorable hides for me. (The Wal*Mart hide said "it's just standing there with no magnets or velcro". Yet several people noted that they had found the velcro where the cache was attached and some even claimed this as a find. :anicute: ) I also spent one afternoon in Orlando finding a series of caches hidden along a bike trail that included several ammo cans as well as various smaller cantainers some of which were cleverly camouflaged. My point is that every area has a variety of cache types and depending on the time you have to research you can find the kinds of caches you like. If you want to judge areas based on your limited experience caching in an area feel free. You are entitled to an opinion. It isn't going to convince me that the people who hid those caches are somehow having less fun.

-Independence Day "Quick Cache and Go" and you had to make sure you got it because "After being unable to approach the ArdenCache cache due to high water, I drove over here for a quick park-n-grab in order to add Delaware to my "states cached" list, which nowstands at 37." A quick Park and grab..isnt that the same thing you Dislike so much?

You talk about "Micro Spew" in 04...Yet you cached WELL over 5 dozen Micros that year...if that was the year your letter was "published" why did you do so many Micros?Did you do them even tho you knew you didnt like them?were you caching micros in between drafting your letter?

Also Could it be that you too were responsible for the Micro-Spew? With 21 of your 46 cachings Being Micro sized?(Only 4 remain)

Interesting. A profile-stalking sock-puppet account troll. Go ahead, I know it's inevitable. I'd like to see some of my old logs anyways. :(

You gave Orlando as an example of an area that as a place with EXCELLENT caches. I found a 35mm in a Wal*Mart lamp post there and my first "Off Your Rocker" cache there. Both were memorable hides for me. (The Wal*Mart hide said "it's just standing there with no magnets or velcro". Yet several people noted that they had found the velcro where the cache was attached and some even claimed this as a find. :( ) I also spent one afternoon in Orlando finding a series of caches hidden along a bike trail that included several ammo cans as well as various smaller cantainers some of which were cleverly camouflaged. My point is that every area has a variety of cache types and depending on the time you have to research you can find the kinds of caches you like. If you want to judge areas based on your limited experience caching in an area feel free. You are entitled to an opinion. It isn't going to convince me that the people who hid those caches are somehow having less fun.

Thanks for the analysis of my logs...glad you had some time on your hands for that.

I had a much longer response written debunking most of your points, but I've elected not to bother. You just continue to have fun researching my logs and chasing Spew.

I don't think cache agendas count. Besides you can always create a counterpoint cache. A scenic tour of town dumpsters and toxic slag zones, or places where so much grease lines the alleys the kids play street hockey in tennish shoes instead of roller blades. ...
Note to self:

Skip Idaho.

... I'm curious - is it possible to say put a small or regular cache near a micro (like within 100 metres)? Someone put a micro near a spot I was eyeing but it is a couple of blocks away walking, but less than 100m as the satelites track. I have permission from the landlord, I'm just trying to figure out the cache style. Small medium or Big Boy. :(
Caches have to be 0.1 miles apart (161 meters) from each other per the guidelines.
Speak to your reviewer. If the two areas are seperated by a barrier, an exception may be made.
Thanks for the analysis of my logs...glad you had some time on your hands for that.

I had a much longer response written debunking most of your points, but I've elected not to bother. You just continue to have fun researching my logs and chasing Spew.

As outspoken as you have been regarding micros, you should expect someone to take a close look at your stats.