Every Day should be CITO day

Col. Angus

:rolleyes::wub::wub: As I am totally new to Caching, this may be an absolute noob thing to say, but.......

Me, my wife, and Col. Angus ( the dog ), hit the park every Saturday. The same park, mind you, for the past 3 months or so. My wife brings a 5-8 quart sized bag with her. It is a mesh bag sold at Wal-Mart, or Target as a beach tote bag. I rigged a shoulder strap for the bag, and we run the dog, pick up the trash and get a few miles of walking in.

Again, the same park for at least 3 months, because there was soooo much trash, we still aren't done. She is up to 45 bags of trash I believe, posiibly more. I know she fills that bag at least 5 times each time we have gone. The bag is dumped periodically in the garbage cans in the park. Ohhhh yes, there are cans, they just fail to get used properly.

The kicker: I have read so far, that folks Cach in groups, big and small. Sooooo, why don't you designate 1 person each trip to carry some sort of trash bag. You don't have to lug it wround all day, especially if you are on a quick find.

Angus

<_<:unsure::ph34r: As I am totally new to Caching, this may be an absolute noob thing to say, but.......

The kicker: I have read so far, that folks Cach in groups, big and small. Sooooo, why don't you designate 1 person each trip to carry some sort of trash bag. You don't have to lug it wround all day, especially if you are on a quick find.

Angus

You may be a "noob" as you put it, but you seem to be well in tune with the right kind of ethics.

You are not alone. I carry a fist full of those plastic grocery bags in a side pouch of my pack.

4f5b52c5-bb8b-4f45-9910-7e30207d6784.jpg

The arrow points to the pouch of CITO bags.

Guess that makes me the designated lugger. :P

Oh and there's no CITO events around where I live. :(

Create one. That's what we did last year. Now this year, we had our 2nd Annual cleanup, and have seen more closer since our first one.

I've never done anything like that before. How'd that all work?